by Geoff

Ok, that's nice. Great colour.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Are you going to change the rings, or the complete crank? The build is gorgeous, BTW.

Delorre

by Delorre

Marin wrote:noooo the old one is much nicer

But the 'old' is 130BCD

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Complete crank will be new and 2017 model - old one is up for sale.

ntb1001

by ntb1001

The newer campy crank is starting to grow on me [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

em3

by em3

Really nice build! Curious if u could share more about the ride quality of the Spirit HSS tubes after u put more Ks on it? I am especially curious about those squared seatstays, which from what I have read r supposed to yield a bit of spring, yet it seems the square tube would b stiffer? Also how much do u weigh...some builders indicate the HSS tubes r for heavier riders (+170lb/77Kg) due to the stiffness, while some reviews indicate the thin wall HSS yields a smooth. Look forward to hearing more....EM3

PinaRene

by PinaRene

New crank - new Campagnolo original cables - Campagnolo sticker. The only things I need are :

Vittoria Corsa Grapheen + Tubular tires 25mm ( Will tan sidewalls match the frame ?! )
Flat topcap so I can remove one 5mm and one 3mm spacer.

PinaRene

by PinaRene

I glued some nice unbranded Vittoria Corsa Grapheen 25mm last week. First when I stretched them, I used Aquasure to keep the tan sidewalls clean and after that was dry, I used my own water method to glue them, and they are perfect.

Clean39T

by Clean39T

Aquasure? Water method? Do tell...

User Name

by User Name

I bought an orange, mostly because it was so cheap. I still can't believe how cheap they are for Spirit

I'd never even heard of Holdsworth until I saw a guy riding one of these, and after he told me how cheap it was, I ordered one from Planet X a few days later. Not including postage, mine was 416 GBP. For some reason -- I assume because I'm in Australia -- I wasn't charged VAT. Is that normal? By the time it landed, it cost me about $820 Aussie. However, it didn't come with a headset or seat collar.

They're on special again.
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FRHOCO/ho ... n-frameset

It's heavier than I expected for Spirit -- my size large is 1842g, totally bare -- but it's more of a stiff "smasher", with large-ish tubes (and a big head tube), rather than a comfy cruiser 'Sunday' bike. Also, I was accidentally sent an XL first, so weighed it, and it was 1893g

I can't fault the ride at all. It's very stable, stiff enough for me, but still comfortable. I've had a dodgy knee all year, so I haven't been able to totally thrash the crap out of it off the saddle. Sometimes I think I feel the weight when I'm doing a group smash-fest, but that might be in my head.

My only minor complaints are that the lower bearing was VERY tight to fit, and the post could be more snug; i had to shim it to stop it slipping, but that might be because my very old and often adjusted alu Thompson post is worn

Once again, it's a total bargain. Try to find a Columbus Spirit frame for less than 2 or 3 times the price.
Last edited by User Name on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rajMAN

by rajMAN

Going by the frame price, thats one hell of a bang for buck. :D

PinaRene

by PinaRene

@ Clean 39T - Aquasure is a product used mostly by cyclocross riders. You can put it on your tan sidewalls of your tubular tires with a thin brush. It will keep them clean and the sidewalls are more puncture resistant ( more for cyclocross riders that is ). The water method is my method to glue tubular tires ->> Als see my video in my signature. !

@Username - My bottom bearing was spot on. just 0.1mm of play - so kept it in the freezer for a few hours before mounting it. Just a bit of mountain bike bearing grease - and it was perfect. ( Cane Creek ) And I paid the same price ( € 750,- ) without headset /seat post collar - complete bike is 7,5 Kg incl. the Campagnolo Bora Tubular wheels. Seatpost ( Deda Superzero ) is tightened with Shimano Carbon paste & a very lightweight seat collar on 3.8Nm for my 70Kg. And it is perfect and bombproof. I did a 245 Km ride last Sunday incl. some cobblestone stretches and the Kemmelberg up- and downhill on cobbles.

zebra

by zebra

User Name wrote:I bought one (orange), mostly because it was so cheap. I still can't believe how cheap they are for Spirit

I'd never even heard of Holdsworth until I saw a guy riding one of these, and after he told me how cheap it was, I ordered one from Planet X a few days later. Not including postage, mine was 416 GBP. For some reason -- I assume because I'm in Australia -- I was charged VAT. Is that normal? By the time it landed, it cost me about $820 Aussie. However, it didn't come with a headset or seat collar.

It's heavier than I expected for Spirit -- my size large is 1842g, totally bare -- but it's more of a stiff "smasher", with large-ish tubes (and a big head tube), rather than a comfy cruiser 'Sunday' bike. Also, I was accidentally sent an XL first, so weighed it, and it was 1893g

I can't fault the ride at all. It's very stable, stiff enough for me, but still comfortable. I've had a dodgy knee all year, so I haven't been able to totally thrash the crap out of it off the saddle. Sometimes I think I feel the weight when I'm doing a group smash-fest, but that might be in my head.

My only minor complaints are that the lower bearing was VERY tight to fit, and the post could be more snug; i had to shim it to stop it slipping, but that might be because my very old and often adjusted alu Thompson post is worn

Once again, it's a total bargain. Try to find a Columbus Spirit frame for less than 2 or 3 times the price.

I'm in total agreement with the above. I ride one as a commuter in the uk and for the money, I can't find anything better for less than 3 times the price. I just wish they made other colours, although for the money, I may even get it painted a nicer colour. I paid £429 in the uk for the framese and its bullet proof, stiff and fast. Pity it's orange but it's growing on me.

KCookie

by KCookie

User Name wrote:I bought one (orange), mostly because it was so cheap. I still can't believe how cheap they are for Spirit

I'd never even heard of Holdsworth until I saw a guy riding one of these, and after he told me how cheap it was, I ordered one from Planet X a few days later. Not including postage, mine was 416 GBP. For some reason -- I assume because I'm in Australia -- I was charged VAT. Is that normal? By the time it landed, it cost me about $820 Aussie. However, it didn't come with a headset or seat collar.

It's heavier than I expected for Spirit -- my size large is 1842g, totally bare -- but it's more of a stiff "smasher", with large-ish tubes (and a big head tube), rather than a comfy cruiser 'Sunday' bike. Also, I was accidentally sent an XL first, so weighed it, and it was

No you shouldn't pay VAT, and if the goods are under $1000 then GST will not be applied either.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

User Name

by User Name

^ Thanks. Ah shit, I meant to write that I wasn't charged VAT, which is why the frame was dropped to 416 pounds from the advertised 500, then postage was on top of that. Bugger, sorry