Holdsworth competition

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

PinaRene

by PinaRene

The build is started. Still not sure what groupset it will be ( Looking for Campagnolo Record / Super Record )

Out of the packaging :arrow:

Shortened the fork and inserted the Cane Creek 40 headset and bottle cages :arrow:

Handlebar / stem mounted and chainstay protection placed :arrow:

Nicely shaped tubes 8)

Ready for now.

Build :

Frame : Holdsworth Competition / Columbus Spirit / Columbus Fork
Stem / Seatpost : Deda superzero
Handlebar : 3T Ergonova for now
Headset : Cane Creek 40
Bottle Cages : Arundel
Saddle : Fizik Arione Braided
Wheels : Campagnolo Bora - Tubulars : Schwalbe one / Conti Competition
Last edited by PinaRene on Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JohnnyAvocado

by JohnnyAvocado

Nice looking frame! Since Planet X reduced the price I'm very tempted to get one for myself, but unsure if the amount of toptube slope still looks good on XL sized frames...
Which size is yours?

Edit: What about the frame weight? :D

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Mine is a Medium - weight is 1630 gr. incl mech hanger. Fork is 320 cut to length so 1950 gr complete for the frameset. Head tube is 155mm but fork is shorter - so same size as my Scott Foil which has a 140mm head tube. Both my bikes have a 550 mm level top tube.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

I've toyed with the idea of picking one of these up for a while now so very interested in your build. What do you think of the quality of the paint/finish on the frame?

dj97223

by dj97223

My first thought was, "Meh." After seeing the partial build, I say, "Hubba, hubba!" :thumbup:
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Build is almost compete - Bought a very nice Campagnolo Record groupset 2014 with dual pivot Super Record brakeset. Both crankset and rear derailleur are updated with the C-Bear bearings. Weight will be around 7,4kg - not the lightest but thought it would be a nice bike to ride with.

zebra

by zebra

I have one of these. The slope of the top tube on my Large annoys me a little bit but..... The bike has been fantastic, I use it as a daily commuter, it was so cheap that it was rude not to buy. I picked the frameset up fro £480 at the time, but it is orange.

It very comfy and responds well.

How did you find the cable guides, mine seemed a little badly placed. That's my only complaint. Other than that, I think it's the best value steel frameset, in that material that I can find.

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Bike is done for now and did a nice ride yesterday. 105 Km so I could try and test the position ( perfect ) and shifting / braking was also spot on. The bike is not that stiff like the Scott Foil, so it's gonna be a good friend, easy to ride and comfortable.

The cable guides are perfectly placed for as far as my experience goes, building it was easy - but yesterday morning I perfected the shifter cables and now it's 10/10. Final weight is 7,5 Kg with bottle cages / pedals / Garmin mount. The bike could be lighter very easy ( handlebar - 260 gr ) - ( Stem 145 gr ) - ( Saddle 158 gr ) - ( Pedals 280 gr ) - but that is not an issue for now.

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

nice bike, i wonder how this compares to the Ritchey Road Logic. The tubing here seems to be more modern.

Any word on tire clearance? Could you fit 28mm on it?

PinaRene

by PinaRene

waltthizzney wrote:nice bike, i wonder how this compares to the Ritchey Road Logic. The tubing here seems to be more modern.

Any word on tire clearance? Could you fit 28mm on it?

I tried 25mm ( 27.2mm real life ) Continental GP 4000 S clincher tires on my other wheelset and it had enough clearance.

ntb1001

by ntb1001

very nice build. I love the classic look of the frame.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Bike rides like a dream - the only thing I want to change for now is the crankset : 52/36 will be the new item :

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Marin

by Marin

noooo the old one is much nicer