4.8 kg / 10.5 lbs MTB

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

craciunptr

by craciunptr

I think the only thing that's jarring is the levers angle otherwise it looks great. More pics and a build list is welcome :) it might be possible to get a lighter rigid fork too. Some of the ones you find on AliExpress are around de 400 g

Marin

by Marin

It's not an MTB though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

themidge

by themidge

Is the lever angle like that just so you can use the least (and lightest) amount of cable? :hmm:

Sizzler

by Sizzler

As others have pointed out in the various places you have posted this, it might as well be made of balsa wood for all the good it would do you on an actual mtb trail. The wheels look particularly flimsy.

BmanX

by BmanX

Guys, this is weight weenies and it is all about pushing the limits of what is possible. Unless you know for sure that this bike is not useable then I would not say much. This just reminds me of Donald's thread about his light weight road bike and how everyone thinks that this is not useable either.

This is a single speed bike that is pushing the boundaries of what is possible. I had a single speed build down to 13lbs with much heavier parts and it was fine but all my friends said it was way too light and single speed was not a good option. They also said that my Fibre-Lyte custom carbon cog and single speed conversion kit would never hold up and they were wrong on that as well. I could have had that build down to 11lbs easily but never went that light as I moved on to something else. Now I wish I kept it with all the cool Berk custom post/saddles and stem/bar combos.

Unless you ride the bike, you will just never know of the potential.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Sizzler

by Sizzler

Yes and no. Donald's bike is legit and apparently he rides it everywhere. The OP here has variously said (again elsewhere) he has no intention of riding this bike.

SK5

by SK5

BmanX

by BmanX

I would love to see how you did all of your work and then others can see what they might do on their builds. Not everyone is going to be as adventurous as you have been but that is what I love.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

michel2

by michel2

Marin wrote:It's not an MTB though.

that really depends tho, f he/she is able to mtb on it it is a mtb (-: specially when it happening in front of me lol

very curious to read more about this build , what brakes and brake lines are you using ?
thanks, mick

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

The rear brake hose is so short. Can you even turn the bars.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

craciunptr

by craciunptr

I agree with Bmxman this I'd what I wake up to check on weightweenies for! Projects like this are the true inspiration for this forum! Well done SK5

SK5

by SK5

Can you guys see the pic above ?!!!

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

I can't see it.

But I am wondering about that fork - can you explain why it was in two pieces and what you did to it?
I barely check in on WW lately, too many other factors going on in my life right now, but I'm really only interested in this level of craft for what little time I spend here. Thanks for sharing this project!
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

SK5

by SK5

prendrefeu wrote:I can't see it.

But I am wondering about that fork - can you explain why it was in two pieces and what you did to it?
I barely check in on WW lately, too many other factors going on in my life right now, but I'm really only interested in this level of craft for what little time I spend here. Thanks for sharing this project!

I cut it shorter . It was a 29er so I converted it to a 26er . The fork legs are hollow and are simply epoxied over the scandium inserts . I cut the legs down and did the same thing . I have done far more work on the fork dropouts too to get the weight down .

Every inch if this bike has been modified/machined/custom built . It would take me a very long time to explain . Bit by bit I will upload new pics and details .

You can head over to my Facebook page to see more .

https://www.facebook.com/SebKcarbon/

SK5

by SK5

11.4lbs with full 9spd drivetrain and bar plugs .
Attachments
5200g with full gears.JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com