Allez Red Hook

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

theletterk

by theletterk

maverick_1 wrote:@theletterk

Congrats! Great build as usual!
Btw, how many bikes do you have right now??

Cheers

Maverick - your bikes never fail to inspire me. Esp love your 55th Anniversary. that is easily my fav bike in this forum.
After clearing our some of my carbon frames - I have (I think) about 14 bikes right now. The n+1 rule is good for me!

poursuivant wrote:One of my favourite builds on the forum!

Thank you! :)

LorneMalvo wrote:This is one example where the 4-Arm crank actually looks really good, which imo isn't the case that often. Really nice build! Concerning C-Bear Bottombrackets, I'm currently running them on my C60 and also had them on a Spersix, both equipped with Campagnolo and never had issues with creaking noises or whatever. So I can also recommend them as a trustful solution.

Another vote of confidence for C-Bear - I will definitely use C-bear IF my current setup has any creaking sound! thank you for your advise!

chris47 wrote:That is so hot! did you get the frame from mr. Tay?

Yup yup Majulah! got it from him!

FLtrooper wrote:Damn!!!:)

That's what I said when I saw the frame! DAMN!!!

nobuseri wrote:Sweet! I should have mine soon. It shipped a few days ago. Will prob build mine with SRAM Force 22.

Show some pics once you have it! I know a friend of mine will be building it with etap really soon. He is so excited!
Last edited by theletterk on Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nymets0018

by Nymets0018

How did you guys get yours already? They told me first week in June I would get mine. And specialized isn't giving me and info. If anyone has anything, let me know. Thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DurianGrey

by DurianGrey

Love it! I'm using a praxis conversion BB and the wheels plastic washers, and neither have creaked for what it's worth.

theletterk

by theletterk

DurianGrey wrote:Love it! I'm using a praxis conversion BB and the wheels plastic washers, and neither have creaked for what it's worth.

Thank you! I will consider C-bear or Praxis if my setup has creaking sound but so far so good! too early to tell yet but it is a blast to ride!

Nymets0018 wrote:How did you guys get yours already? They told me first week in June I would get mine. And specialized isn't giving me and info. If anyone has anything, let me know. Thanks.

Mine came in first week June. they said 6 pcs came to Singapore and were all pre booked in March/april. Hope you get yours soon!

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

Nymets0018 wrote:How did you guys get yours already? They told me first week in June I would get mine. And specialized isn't giving me and info. If anyone has anything, let me know. Thanks.

I am still waiting on mine in a size 52 as well. The specialized rep told me end on June but I just saw on Instagram where a shop in Kentucky already received 3 of them. It doesent really make any sense how they decide who receives theirs first as I had mine preordered directly with my rep before they were even available yet to preorder which would definetly put me near the top of the list. I went through the same thing with my blue Allez. My shop always seems to get stuff last.

Nymets0018

by Nymets0018

I pre ordered mine the first day they were available. I emailed specialized and they told me the only info they have as they shipped to their warehouse. That was last week. I thought that was a pretty lame answer.

rossjm11

by rossjm11

I love the 3t bars on there. Not sure if you can shorten the stem, but I think that would look great fully set up. Plus, in a crit getting down on those bars and soloing off the front with that frame would be satisfying as f***
BMC SLR01 2015
Redline Conquest Team

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

SpecializedColnago wrote:

I am still waiting on mine in a size 52 as well. The specialized rep told me end on June but I just saw on Instagram where a shop in Kentucky already received 3 of them. It doesent really make any sense how they decide who receives theirs first as I had mine preordered directly with my rep before they were even available yet to preorder which would definetly put me near the top of the list. I went through the same thing with my blue Allez. My shop always seems to get stuff last.

The order is based on the level of S-Works and other high end bikes that shop has bought/sold in the past. At least that's what I've been told. There's a shop in the NJ/NYC area called Strictly Bicycles. They are in a very wealthy part of NJ, directly across the GWB from NYC and they are premium dealer for almost EVERY brand... Trek, Specialized, Cervelo, DeRosa, Lightweight... you name it, they have it and they get EVERYHING that's hot, first. I've literally seen a brand new cyclist walk into that shop, plunk down the cc and say, "I want the best bike I can buy.... and walk out with a $12000+ set up.

CrimsonKarter21

by CrimsonKarter21

Jut got a call from my rep yesterday letting me know he had one for me. Should be seeing it tomorrow. In the meantime I'm selling my S-Works Tarmac and 9070!

rpowell

by rpowell

is the bike painted? im trying to understand how they could paint so many different layers for such a basically low cost. also wondering if its any heavier than normal.
im 30th on the wait list so i dont think ill be seeing one.

theletterk

by theletterk

rpowell wrote:is the bike painted? im trying to understand how they could paint so many different layers for such a basically low cost. also wondering if its any heavier than normal.
im 30th on the wait list so i dont think ill be seeing one.

The bike is definitely painted. I'm actually quite surprised at the weight actually. I just found time to fine tune the bike and cut the excess seat post off and it is 7kg. Not bad at all considering I didn't go crazy with any ww parts on it.

CrimsonKarter21 wrote:Jut got a call from my rep yesterday letting me know he had one for me. Should be seeing it tomorrow. In the meantime I'm selling my S-Works Tarmac and 9070!

Show some pics tmr!

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
SpecializedColnago wrote:

The order is based on the level of S-Works and other high end bikes that shop has bought/sold in the past. At least that's what I've been told. There's a shop in the NJ/NYC area called Strictly Bicycles. They are in a very wealthy part of NJ, directly across the GWB from NYC and they are premium dealer for almost EVERY brand... Trek, Specialized, Cervelo, DeRosa, Lightweight... you name it, they have it and they get EVERYHING that's hot, first. I've literally seen a brand new cyclist walk into that shop, plunk down the cc and say, "I want the best bike I can buy.... and walk out with a $12000+ set up.

I believe that is the case as well. Bigger shop/dealer will get first dips on new frames etc. and in the place I'm from - there is only one dealer for specialized.

rossjm11 wrote:I love the 3t bars on there. Not sure if you can shorten the stem, but I think that would look great fully set up. Plus, in a crit getting down on those bars and soloing off the front with that frame would be satisfying as f***

I just changed it out to the s-works aerofly. The reach is much better now for me and I can't wait to ride tomorrow!

Will post some pics in a while

theletterk

by theletterk

Riding starts tmr and bike has been set up now with the geometry dialed in.

Seat post has been cut.
Swapped out 3T aerobar to s-works Aerofly. Reach is now ideal.
Fine tuned bike and it is ready to be ridden! This Weekend is taking so long to arrive! :roll:

A simpler looking bar but for the better.... I hope 8)

Full S-works cockpit.

ergott

by ergott

Awesome bike! Anyway you could lose the lettering on the stem? Bars and seatpost stealth and stem pulls eyes away from that great frame.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MAsshole

by MAsshole

^agreed. Stem would look better stealth. But I love the bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

That's a looker for sure! Good work [emoji1360] Just don't like the overall aesthetics of aero bars but that's personal preference for sure.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk