My Off-White Pegoretti Marcelo Ciavete [updated 2/11/18]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

If no one going to say anything about the seatpost, then I certainly won't.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

Great paint. Stunning. The geometry is an acquired taste, unlikely to be universally loved due to the short seat post.

Aggressively short cable routing at the front.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Beautiful paint, but I was thinking the same thing as @ghisallo2003 about the cable routing. Is there even enough length that would allow the bars to turn their fullest (touch the top tube) without ripping out the cables. Small bikes can be a challenge for mechanical cable routing. If clearance permits I would route the cables so that the cross underneath the downtube. This would also avoid the housing rub on the headtube and provide more relaxed cable bends.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Calnago wrote:Beautiful paint, but I was thinking the same thing as @ghisallo2003 about the cable routing. Is there even enough length that would allow the bars to turn their fullest (touch the top tube) without ripping out the cables. Small bikes can be a challenge for mechanical cable routing. If clearance permits I would route the cables so that the cross underneath the downtube. This would also avoid the housing rub on the headtube and provide more relaxed cable bends.

A good point but with the cable stops at the very sides of the downtube, my guess is that the cables would contact the downtube if they were crossed underneath it. It's a common problem with this type of design, my Colnago EP suffers the same issue. I haven't tried crossing yet but eyeballing it tells me it won't clear. What I find even more remarkable is the number of builds where crossing underneath or internally is possible and yet the bikes are still built up with unnecessary cable bends and cable-headtube contact.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes, Mr. Gib... I looked at that too, and from the side looking at the derailleur stops I would agree that it's not possible. But it also depends on both the curvature of the tube and where exactly they end up crossing so, although I suspect you're right that it wouldn't work, it'd be worth a shot. The pic below is what got me to thinking that if the crossing point, which is well below the half way point of the downtube is below the plane of the downtube then it could work. You don't need much clearance, even a millimeter will do... a side on shot of the downtube and cables at that point and you'd be able to tell for sure.

Also agree that on modern bikes where the cables enter the upper half of the downtube (which is massive these days) there is no real reason not to cross them internally as it provides for a much more relaxed cable housing curvature which helps shifting. Wherever possible I will choose this type of routing. It seems to have been often forgotten about these days, but really should be resurrected again in light of fat tubes, internal routing and entry points of cables. And you're mostl likely right about your EP not being able to use this routing either. It's similar to my C50, not possible.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

oldturd

by oldturd

Saw this on IG.. and didnt realize you were on here as well. Full size photos on the laptop sure make it that much better! Gorgeous.

titaniumdan

by titaniumdan

Tried out some Bora Tubulars today. I wasn't convinced by 50mm wheels on thin steel tubing, but this may have just changed my mind!

Road: Pegoretti MxxxxxO Ciavete
CX: Gellie Custom
Instagram: @titanium_dan

DJT21

by DJT21

Removing the rubber ring from around the seatpost would give the illusion that the seatpost is longer.

It really needs a negative 17 stem, I personally cant stand level top tubes without a level stem.

Love the super tidy cables.

dj97223

by dj97223

Clearly a lot of thought went into this build. I like it. :thumbup:
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

jinbok2
in the industry

by jinbok2

this ciavete is mind-blowing..

maverick_1

by maverick_1

Very nicely done!
As for the stem, I think a -12 deg (aka Extralite Hyperstem) will look great on this bike.
Looks aside, if you're comfortable with the current fit, all is good!

Cheers!

titaniumdan

by titaniumdan

Removed Chorus (hated it), put on Dura Ace 9100, some EE brakes, kalloy stem, king ti cages and WR bar and post - some updated photos :)

About 7.8 kg with power meter and garmin

ccache

by ccache

titaniumdan wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:36 am
Removed Chorus (hated it), put on Dura Ace 9100, some EE brakes, kalloy stem, king ti cages and WR bar and post - some updated photos :)

So nice :shock:

titaniumdan

by titaniumdan

ccache wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:42 am
titaniumdan wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:36 am

So nice :shock:
Jing from CCACHE sorted me out with a Lupina at one point - too bad it didn't suit me! Love your Baum too.

Denavelo

by Denavelo

maverick_1 wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:41 am
Very nicely done!
As for the stem, I think a -12 deg (aka Extralite Hyperstem) will look great on this bike.
Looks aside, if you're comfortable with the current fit, all is good!

Cheers!
-12 is the only option IMHO for a horizontal TT. -17 looks too agressive. Specialized now makes a -12 which is available and affordable.
I have a set of DT190 hubs I was trying to figure out what to do with... Was asking SV to paint them, but I'm going to have my local polishing spot give them a shine and lace to FSE 45 Tubular hoops!
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com