We took a tough decision, locked gallery threads.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

evan326

by evan326

This is so 50s Russia

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I saw a cricket on my ride today... it was quiet. So weird.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to those who specifically called out my C60 Build Thread as something they enjoyed. Thanks so much, because it was a fair bit of work to produce, way more than just actually building the bike up. I can assure you that build thread was a one time only effort and I did it just to document a complete build, with thought process, etc., and provide a guide for someone who may be building a bike for the first time. I enjoyed doing it, although at times felt like abandoning the effort half way through. But in the end I'm glad I finished it off.

Individual build threads can be great, but so are the catch all "Show Us Your ______" threads. Such a pity they were killed. Without a single good reason.

Wait... is that a cricket I heard... nope, my mistake... just more silence.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

raisinberry777

by raisinberry777

I'm with all the others here, certainly enjoyed the 'show us your...' threads - especially the steel/ti threads, and the Colnago thread.

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Just a thought, but would a Gallery sub forum work? With all the 'show us ya ______' , etc threads? Keep them out of the introduce your self forum to make that tidier. As cool as instagram is for looking at bikes you just end up seeing the same old. This forum is great for some variation.

Stoo

by Stoo

Stoo wrote:I reported the original post to the moderating team, stating that the people demand a response.

I reported Frankie-B's original post.
Frankie-B closed the report with no correspondence.
Spineless Chode.

Seriously.
'18 Giant Trinity Pro TT - DA9070 - QuarQ DZero - HED Jet 9+/JET+ Disc3
'18 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1 - R8000 - QuarQ DZero - SLR1
'16 Genesis Equilibrium - U6800 - FSA SRM - WH6800
'13 Giant Trinity Composite - U6870 - QuarQ DZero

AJS914

by AJS914

IJWTS, I agree with most of the sentiment here. I have a build thread for my Colnago but I also posted a lot of pics to the Pictures of Colnagos thread when I came across a beautiful or interesting Colnago that might spark some conversation. I'm obviously not going to post a build thread for a bike I don't own or didn't build.

Having both types of threads seems like a much better option.

53x12

by 53x12

Mods? Mods? Hello? Anyone home?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

RyanH

by RyanH

OK, I can break the silence. We're working on creating a sub-forum for the gallery type threads to bring them back. It should be available soon.

wobbly

by wobbly

:beerchug: :beerchug:

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

RyanH wrote:OK, I can break the silence. We're working on creating a sub-forum for the gallery type threads to bring them back. It should be available soon.

??? They couldn't have just said that given all the backlash that was occurring? Something's very fishy about this whole thing. What will creating a sub-forum accomplish? Just curious. I thought the reasoning for the lockdown was to create more build threads, although I have no idea how locking the catch all threads was supposed to accomplish that.
Oh well... as long as the catch all threads come back, I guess I don't care where they are, as long as I don't have to jump through extra steps to find them, meaning when I click on "New Posts" the catch all threads will be included if there are any new posts to them.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

DOUG

by DOUG

Thanks for finally answering some questions @RyanH. I can see an argument for separating the gallery threads from the build threads in sub forums. It will make it easier to find what your looking for quickly i suppose. Probably didn't need to lock down the gallery threads for several weeks to do so but good to see the Mods are at least listening.

MattN

by MattN

Why are the Bianchi and show us your winter bikes threads still open and the rest closed?

Good to hear that gallery threads will be back though.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Thank you all for your patience and through this. Most of you held onto this like a german shepard, some took to name calling. The catch all threads were quite annoying to a lot of users and mods as they cluttered the top of the gallery page and started to dominate it. The decision to lock them down wasn't the brightest and because of you guys they now have a separate subforum.
Please let me know if i have missed moving one of the catch all threads to the gallery thread forum. you can point it out to the mods by clicking on the exclamation mark bottom right of each post.

Thanks!

you can find the subforum here:
viewforum.php?f=131
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Love this! Thank you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DOUG

by DOUG

Excellent news! Resume regular programming.

I actually think the separation of the Gallery threads from the build threads will make the forum a much easier place to navigate. Let hope locking them down hasn't put off too many users though.