Basso Diamante

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

hatsunagi

by hatsunagi

It has really unusual but fantastic colour. Does Diamante frameset offer -11 degree stem in default?

Sent from my SM-G920K using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mayfly123

by Mayfly123

Love your new bike , almost everything is the same as mine except saddle and electric shifting , 53cm , super record , enve 3.4 , enve bars , enve cages , fizik Antares , look carbon ti blade. Vittortia corsa speed , color Basdo Diamanté Mapp , road today first time 40k , very different then my colnago c59 but once you get it going it super sweet, oh yes I choose zero degree stem as I need to work my way into the bikes aggressive geometry. My only complaint is the rubber stoppers for derailleur cables keep popping out , truly think they could have done a much better job with that , I'm have some custom made by a friend who makes ear plugs , which will go in deeper with a wider bottom to hold in place . Almost got the eggshell color. Have fun it's truly the most beautiful bike out in the market now .
Attachments
IMG_0825.JPG
IMG_0826.JPG
IMG_0827.JPG

Mayfly

by Mayfly

Did you ever figure out creaking noise from headset ? I'm having same issue .

zzmkdw

by zzmkdw

Lovely bike. I really love the Diamante. I am considering one of these for my next build. I am wonderring if any Diamante owners can tell me about sizing. I believe i would need a 53, but the stack and reach numbers between the 53 and 56 are very similar. For reference i currently ride an F8 and SLR01, both in 54 and they fit me perfectly. Thanks.

chazmtb

by chazmtb

I have a 53 and with a 110 stem without the comfort kit. It's a tad low and stretch for me. If I'm riding in a group it's a great bike because I'm low. I think I'd do well with a 100 stem but it's hard to find the Basso stem in the US. The geometry was very similar to the felt ar 54 that I had. I acurally used a 90mm stem with a traditional bend drop bar. I'm trying to source a 100 stem. I have another fork for the comfort kit withich puts me up 2 cm but for now, I'm liking it low.

I also ride a 54/m wilier and a 48s colnago. This is the longest tt bike I have with ett of 54.5.
My measurement is 172 cm. Saddle height 70 cm.

Ride quality is every bit as good as you expect a bike of this caliber. Little on the stiff side. Main thing is it's a beauty to look at.

kevski

by kevski

Mayfly wrote:Did you ever figure out creaking noise from headset ? I'm having same issue .

I had the same issue.. to cure it I just laid a 2-3 cm lenght of medium width rubber band centrally along the top tube under the comfort kit.. no more creaks

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

chazmtb wrote:I have a 53 and with a 110 stem without the comfort kit. It's a tad low and stretch for me. If I'm riding in a group it's a great bike because I'm low. I think I'd do well with a 100 stem but it's hard to find the Basso stem in the US. The geometry was very similar to the felt ar 54 that I had. I acurally used a 90mm stem with a traditional bend drop bar. I'm trying to source a 100 stem. I have another fork for the comfort kit withich puts me up 2 cm but for now, I'm liking it low.

I also ride a 54/m wilier and a 48s colnago. This is the longest tt bike I have with ett of 54.5.
My measurement is 172 cm. Saddle height 70 cm.

Ride quality is every bit as good as you expect a bike of this caliber. Little on the stiff side. Main thing is it's a beauty to look at.

I was going to mention that ordering directly from Basso Italy is super easy and shipping is really fast.

I needed a 120mm stem in the -11 and I decided to get some socks and other items and I think I had them in roughly 5 days.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Also love this bike and considering a purchase. Any input on the durability and weight penalty with the Eggshell frame finish? Whats it ride like? Comparison to a Dogma F8 would be great but, whatever!
TIA

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

Currently building up a Diamante (53cm 40th special edition) with EPS - loving your build and hoping mine will be as nice.

Two questions though!

1. What mounting option did you go with for the internal battery? I am thinking to go for the down tube option. Fitting in the seatpost won't work - unless the seatpost is cut!

2. How did you wire up the front mech? Did you run the wire through the port just below? Or through the port designed for a cable if running mechanical?

Cheers!

Leviathan

by Leviathan

MikeyBE wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:27 pm
Currently building up a Diamante (53cm 40th special edition) with EPS - loving your build and hoping mine will be as nice.

Two questions though!

1. What mounting option did you go with for the internal battery? I am thinking to go for the down tube option. Fitting in the seatpost won't work - unless the seatpost is cut!

2. How did you wire up the front mech? Did you run the wire through the port just below? Or through the port designed for a cable if running mechanical?

Cheers!
Sorry, while EPS would have been my choice, I couldnt afford it so have mechanical chorus

Billiano

by Billiano

38474478_10156409810608955_1430855255012147200_o(1).jpg
Great bike .
Super stiff (even for us ,the well lived ones-rather fat).A pure joy to see it ,in your living room and better to be on it.
The stem is a sculpture of the classic .You are getting down the hill and makes you feel comfy.
With 76cm from bottom bracket and 3 stem spacers I feel like a hawk on the bars.(almost 16cm difference in height).It's a 53cm bike.
I was saying to my self why not getting a Pina or Colna. Now I got a pair of Microtechs 38mm ina good price .
And a pair of 303 Zipps.

Do yourself a favour and get one Basso.Let it grow with you and get a new one after 4 years, ...to pair them.