Pinarello F8 Disk "Full Hydro"

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jever98

by jever98

@OP and Olivier38B: Bravo, quite the bike! I have to agree with some others - I don't care for the stem. Olivier, how about an integrated handlebar stem combo? I could see that really cleaning up the front of the bike.

Also - PLEASE share your feedback on the wheels. I am very very curious about them and there is no information on them out there.

Best
Jever

PS: no bottlecages ;)?
----
No longer in the industry

superdx

by superdx

This bike is damn awesome, definitely very few like it on the road. Hope you love riding it!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

olivier38B

by olivier38B

I didn't ride yet... The bike is tested by journalist in France, I lent them the bike there are interested to test it. So I wait until the end of this month to get it ;)

I don't like integrated stem, I used some FSA handlebar I don't like because I cant' adjust the dropbar position. Also, I can integrate my Edge 1000 GPS directly in the 3T stem with the optional support, very clean integration.

Bottlecages are from BBS.

I enjoy the Bike Ahead wheels, they are very rigid and light and the look...

squid046

by squid046

That bike would definitely turn my head on the road!

Roel W

by Roel W

The bike is absolutely not my cup of tea but I appreciate your out of the box way of thinking. We've seen a lot of all black bikes or bikes with top notch components that look in some way similar. I would like to see more non-conformist bikes like this on the forum.

jever98

by jever98

@Olivier38B: how about the comfort of the wheels? When you say they are rigid, are they "harsh"?
----
No longer in the industry

olivier38B

by olivier38B

Bike Ahead wheels are not comfortable but if you are looking for performance those wheels are very interesting. My first idea was to build this bike based on the Dogma K8-S Disk Frame. The main idea was to get a race oriented bike but more comfortable than my current bike (Cipollini RB 1000).

I choose the classic F8 frame because I think with bigger tubeless tyres (25mm) the bike will be enough comfortable and I think easier than the RB 1000 with 22mm tubular tyres on Zipp wheels...

I only like pure "mecanical" bikes, I really don't like electronic transmission (On my RB 1000 the group set is a standard Campagnolo Super Record, not EPS...). Yes Hydro technology is difficult to set up, install and may be more fragile but, it works and it's really more efficient. I don't like the idea to plug my bike on the power supply and check the battery before to ride,... I had many problems with my Di2 on my mountain bike (3 battery dead in 2 years) I will never use this kind of technology on my bike and what can i say about wifi transmission... it does not make sens for me.

Just to understand my way of mind, when you love the watches you have a mecanical watch on your wrist, not a quartz watch even if the precision is better with a quartz watch (when the battery is in good condition of course).

marek

by marek

@olivier:

What is your opinion on Rotor Uno cassette ? I mean shifting and noise.

I have one and it's really noisy no matter how I set it. I've tried several lubes, different chain lenghts, etc. And rear derailleur (RD-R9150) is installed on brand new frame so potentially "the hook" is straight ;)

CLEAR

by CLEAR

Id say well done. You have your own taste... To his beach own. But overall be yourself and i dig it...something different. I used most tiger stem on mine just to be able to integrated it with the original spacers. And to solve the garmin mount solution, got fetha and f3 cycling mounts.

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

@bass

Can you report on the rider's impression of the Uno groupset?
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

olivier38B

by olivier38B

I tested the bike this month on Ventoux climbing, "Scott des cime" race (3300 D+ and 136Km), and many trainings. I really love this bike, more comfortable than my Cipollini RB1000... I think the tubeless tyre in 25mm is definitively the best solution.

Bike head wheels are rigid but the most impressive is the whell's aero behaviour. I compared with my friend's bike and it's very easy to see that the wheels helps you a lot to keep your speed... like my Zip 1080 without over weight ;)

I choose Rotor group set because I really don't like electrical group set on bikes, this is exactly like a quartz or a mechanical watch. This is not so easy to configure and understand how to use Rotor group set, there are so many settings but once it's done, it works perfect. On the two first test ride, the speed triggering was a little bit hard, like a Campagnolo group I can say. Now it's smoother.

Definitively it's a very good group set, I never had any problems and speed triggering is fast in any situation. For me it's the best group set I ever ride. I also have Campagnolo Super Record and Dura Ace on other bikes (all mechanical) my favorite one is Rotor.

Disk brakes are very good, I ride fast in the Ventoux downhill, some times up to 100 Km/h... I always keep the same braking power from the top to the finish line ;).

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Thanks for posting your thoughts on the Rotor system. Must say have been quite curious to hear your impressions

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

tabl10s

by tabl10s

stormur wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:53 pm
Terrible. Seriously. For now #1 on the list "worse looking Pina ever" .

Wheels, saddle & stem doesn't fit completely, to not say ruin the look. it looks like ...this:

FD is way to high BTW .
Bwahahaha!
2015 Pinarello F8: 13.13lbs/5.915kg(w/Roval 64's). Sold.
2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg.
2015 Rca. 11.15 lbs(w/Roval CLX 32's)
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).
2018 S-Works SL6 Ultralight 12.03lbs(w/Roval CLX 50's)

tabl10s

by tabl10s

stormur wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:53 pm
Terrible. Seriously. For now #1 on the list "worse looking Pina ever" .

Wheels, saddle & stem doesn't fit completely, to not say ruin the look. it looks like ...this:

FD is way to high BTW .
Deleted
2015 Pinarello F8: 13.13lbs/5.915kg(w/Roval 64's). Sold.
2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg.
2015 Rca. 11.15 lbs(w/Roval CLX 32's)
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).
2018 S-Works SL6 Ultralight 12.03lbs(w/Roval CLX 50's)