focus izalco max ultegra di2 -

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

weptunus

by weptunus

my CAAD10 frameset was supposed to be temporary while waiting for something nice to come passing by, one year later still no changes, so I started actively looking and got my hands on a focus izalco max ebay bargain.

As usual, I got too excited when the very light carton box arrived ("why did someone send you an empty box?" - Dad, may 23, 2017) and started moving everything from my CAAD10 to the new frameset and forgot to weigh stuff individually, true ww style.

quick build list:
frame: focus izalco max 56
bb: Sram PressFit 30 to BSA adapter + sram threaded bb
seatpost: 3T pro inline
saddle: specialized power expert
stem: PRO PLT 10° 130mm
handlebars: 3T tornova 40cm
bar tape: deda elementi SQUALO
shifters: shimano ultegra 6870
derailleurs: shimano ultegra 6870
brakes: shimano ultegra 6870
crankset: quarq powermeter 110bcd - 172,5 - 50-34 (changing to 52-36)
cassette: shimano ultegra 6870
chain: KMC X11.93
wheels: vision trimax TC24 tubular
tubulars: challenge (changing to conti competition or vittorria corsa speed)

As you can see, I don't have the biggest budget ie. high-end finishing kit, like on the pictures below the bike is about 7,5kg.
After the investment in this frame, the next big investment will be etap, I'm quietly hoping sram will release a force version (this is a long term plan, probably will take me over a year to get the necessary funds)
In the mean time, I would like to make some changes to go a little lighter, without digging too deep into my (recently emptied) bank account.
any suggestions on affordable changes to make the bike lighter?
I'm thinking mainly bar/stem/seatpost are due, I like to keep the bars+stem aluminium and bars a classic bend (like 3t rotundo)

here are some pics, click on them for a few more:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

reedplayer

by reedplayer

looks good (on pic 2, perspective is a bit strange....). electronical groupsets are not my strongest preference (to put it diplomatically ;-) ), nevertheless nice bike. :wink:

asiantrick

by asiantrick

Nice bike bruh!!! What year is this Focus? Good choice & nice color. I have the same bike but in AG2R color.

Instead of using the adapter for BB, you should upgrade to Ceramic BB. I upgraded mine and it makes a world difference. Absolutely no friction.

just my 2 cent, as someone upgrading from DA DI2 to ETAP, i was absolutely disappointed. I ended up selling the ETAP after 3 months and "downgrade" to DA9000 (still better than Etap). I think you should use that fund on carbon parts, crank, ceramic BB and wheelset.

weptunus

by weptunus

asiantrick wrote:Nice bike bruh!!! What year is this Focus? Good choice & nice color. I have the same bike but in AG2R color.

Instead of using the adapter for BB, you should upgrade to Ceramic BB. I upgraded mine and it makes a world difference. Absolutely no friction.

just my 2 cent, as someone upgrading from DA DI2 to ETAP, i was absolutely disappointed. I ended up selling the ETAP after 3 months and "downgrade" to DA9000 (still better than Etap). I think you should use that fund on carbon parts, crank, ceramic BB and wheelset.

it's a 2016 model frame, this is the color scheme the dura ace di2 version came in.
changing the crank would be a big investment as it also is my powermeter...
Can you be more specific in your dissapointment in etap vs di2? Another option is also to upgrade to the new dura ace 9150, because I can do it part by part...