Pinarello Gan semi racer

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

gfinkee

by gfinkee

Hi, cycling addicts

Since a sold my Addict in autumn
I decided to go for one of the Gan series. First i wanted to buy a Gan RS frameset, but I couldn't get the color that i wanted in my size.. So then i just went a little bit cheaper. I ordered entry Gan model, with Shimano 105 and R7 LG..

When waiting on a bike, i bought a used Chorus 2015 with Record brake calipers and without a crank. I later bought a old Record crank.
I already had a Ritchey C260 matrix stem from previous bike.. i stripped logos of and paint it with matt clear. I did the same with 3T Ergonova handlebar.
When i got the bike i quickly stripped down the parts and sold them.. The frame weight was a bit of suprise... was expecting it a little bit heavier. The fork is a different story.. pretty heavy..
I already knew that upper "clamp" on a seatpost is on a heavy side, so I replace it with two separate clamps from 3T seatpost i had. i saved 33g with that.
First build up, was with old Eurus wheelset, then a got a new Shamal C17.. now i changed that to a old Shamal Mille, which look great to me, they are lighter and braking is superb. On them i got Conti Force/Attack combo (the old version 22/24) and Vittoria Latex innertubes.

This is a picture when i build it together.. few things chaned since now..

Wanted to replaced axles in my old Keo Carbon pedals, but i ordered the wrong ones.. that frustrated me, and i went for a Blade Titanium.

The bottle cages are from Elite.. Leggero model, i think they match with the bike pretty well.

The last update was a fork from F8, which i got from a friend who broke a frame in a crash few years back. The saving is 120g when it is cut.

Now i am waiting for a Berk Hlod saddle, which will replace Aliante..

And i think i will be done then.. only a new hoods for the levers and a new handlebar tape. It will be the same Most Ultragrip which i find very good. Nice looking, superb grip and pretty light, 48g for the 2 whole roles.

If you have any questions, pls don't hesitate.. or what could make bike better.Bora's are on my bucket list, but i will probably sold the bike before this happens. Will post a picture when i will cut the fork, and the saddle comes in.

I will post pictures how it looks like soon, still have to cut the fork :) The bike with the current setup is 6,85kg.. Berk saddle should lover the weight by 100g+(Aliante is 185g)

Setup:
Pinarello Gan Frame with for from Dogma F8
Campagnolo Chorus 2015 groupset (record brake calipers and an old Record Crankset) 50/34, 11-27
3T Ergonova handlebar
Ritchey c-260 matrix stem
Campagnolo Shamall Mille wheelset with Vittoria Latex innertubes and Conti Attack/Force tires
Fizik Aliante R1 saddle
Most Supergrip tape
KCNC Ti QR
Look Blade Ti pedals
Elite Leggero bottlecages
Last edited by gfinkee on Wed May 17, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Sounds nice but none of the pictures are showing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gfinkee

by gfinkee

have no idea why.. i thought i did everything right.

help?

kidrob

by kidrob

I think the pics are way too big for the forum to display

gfinkee

by gfinkee

tnx.. i will sort this till tomorow.. for now u can right click it and open it in a new tab.. :/

jasonh

by jasonh

Sounds good. I demod a Gan and thought it was awesome.

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

You've included the links to the imgur gallery shot vs. the actual image link.

E.g. http://imgur.com/4hsRlcS points to the imgur gallery of the full bike shot, but you need the image link itself: http://i.imgur.com/4hsRlcS.jpg

Code: Select all

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4hsRlcS.jpg[/img]

Note that there's a dropdown where you can get the link for the actual image in several different formats.

gfinkee

by gfinkee

tnx a lot @FilmAt11

now you can see the photos.. will sort this when i will have the time.. some pictures are way too big..

will post some new pictures soon

gfinkee

by gfinkee

with Shamal C17 and Berk List padded saddle. Picture is old a few weeks, still with original fork.

gfinkee

by gfinkee

jasonh wrote:Sounds good. I demod a Gan and thought it was awesome.

I find it really good. Great responsivnes and handling. I expected less. It was a little shocker to me.

Didn't plan to tune it like that, but the weight with first build was pretty good and then i decided to have a go.

gfinkee

by gfinkee

so here are pictures of the bike in it is current condition

the bottlecages are pretty light.. around 15g per piece, and i think they look sexy.. but i have troubles with big bootles (750ml) coming out. i really like the match of USB bearings in the hubs and in the crank.

blade titanium pedals, pinarello edition

better look how i solve the heavy seatclamp "issue"

and the bike itself.. pretty happy with it, considering that it is with aluminium wheels, braking is superb though..

:beerchug:

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Tan wall tires maybe?

gfinkee

by gfinkee

Dr.Dos wrote:Tan wall tires maybe?

I thought about that, and will probably mount a Vittoria Corsa G+ next.. if i will still have a bike till then.. I probaby start selling the bike in Avgust??

fogman

by fogman

Nicely done. What size is the frame and do you have a final weight of the complete build?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gfinkee

by gfinkee

fogman wrote:Nicely done. What size is the frame and do you have a final weight of the complete build?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is 54. Like in the picture, the scale shifts from 6,85 to 6,80.. it is more on a 6,80 side, so i assume that is somewhere around 6820?? Have to weight it with better scale.. So with Berk saddle it should be around 6,7kg. quite good i think, since there is nothing really special going on.. and i am very happy with how good this drives.. the sensations that gives me are very nice