Pinarello Gan semi racer

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

gfinkee

by gfinkee

Hi, cycling addicts

Since a sold my Addict in autumn
I decided to go for one of the Gan series. First i wanted to buy a Gan RS frameset, but I couldn't get the color that i wanted in my size.. So then i just went a little bit cheaper. I ordered entry Gan model, with Shimano 105 and R7 LG..

When waiting on a bike, i bought a used Chorus 2015 with Record brake calipers and without a crank. I later bought a old Record crank.
I already had a Ritchey C260 matrix stem from previous bike.. i stripped logos of and paint it with matt clear. I did the same with 3T Ergonova handlebar.
When i got the bike i quickly stripped down the parts and sold them.. The frame weight was a bit of suprise... was expecting it a little bit heavier. The fork is a different story.. pretty heavy..
I already knew that upper "clamp" on a seatpost is on a heavy side, so I replace it with two separate clamps from 3T seatpost i had. i saved 33g with that.
First build up, was with old Eurus wheelset, then a got a new Shamal C17.. now i changed that to a old Shamal Mille, which look great to me, they are lighter and braking is superb. On them i got Conti Force/Attack combo (the old version 22/24) and Vittoria Latex innertubes.

This is a picture when i build it together.. few things chaned since now..

Wanted to replaced axles in my old Keo Carbon pedals, but i ordered the wrong ones.. that frustrated me, and i went for a Blade Titanium.

The bottle cages are from Elite.. Leggero model, i think they match with the bike pretty well.

The last update was a fork from F8, which i got from a friend who broke a frame in a crash few years back. The saving is 120g when it is cut.

Now i am waiting for a Berk Hlod saddle, which will replace Aliante..

And i think i will be done then.. only a new hoods for the levers and a new handlebar tape. It will be the same Most Ultragrip which i find very good. Nice looking, superb grip and pretty light, 48g for the 2 whole roles.

If you have any questions, pls don't hesitate.. or what could make bike better.Bora's are on my bucket list, but i will probably sold the bike before this happens. Will post a picture when i will cut the fork, and the saddle comes in.

I will post pictures how it looks like soon, still have to cut the fork :) The bike with the current setup is 6,85kg.. Berk saddle should lover the weight by 100g+(Aliante is 185g)

Setup:
Pinarello Gan Frame with for from Dogma F8
Campagnolo Chorus 2015 groupset (record brake calipers and an old Record Crankset) 50/34, 11-27
3T Ergonova handlebar
Ritchey c-260 matrix stem
Campagnolo Shamall Mille wheelset with Vittoria Latex innertubes and Conti Attack/Force tires
Fizik Aliante R1 saddle
Most Supergrip tape
KCNC Ti QR
Look Blade Ti pedals
Elite Leggero bottlecages
Last edited by gfinkee on Wed May 17, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Sounds nice but none of the pictures are showing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gfinkee

by gfinkee

have no idea why.. i thought i did everything right.

help?

kidrob

by kidrob

I think the pics are way too big for the forum to display

gfinkee

by gfinkee

tnx.. i will sort this till tomorow.. for now u can right click it and open it in a new tab.. :/

jasonh

by jasonh

Sounds good. I demod a Gan and thought it was awesome.

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

You've included the links to the imgur gallery shot vs. the actual image link.

E.g. http://imgur.com/4hsRlcS points to the imgur gallery of the full bike shot, but you need the image link itself: http://i.imgur.com/4hsRlcS.jpg

Code: Select all

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4hsRlcS.jpg[/img]

Note that there's a dropdown where you can get the link for the actual image in several different formats.

gfinkee

by gfinkee

tnx a lot @FilmAt11

now you can see the photos.. will sort this when i will have the time.. some pictures are way too big..

will post some new pictures soon

gfinkee

by gfinkee

with Shamal C17 and Berk List padded saddle. Picture is old a few weeks, still with original fork.

gfinkee

by gfinkee

jasonh wrote:Sounds good. I demod a Gan and thought it was awesome.

I find it really good. Great responsivnes and handling. I expected less. It was a little shocker to me.

Didn't plan to tune it like that, but the weight with first build was pretty good and then i decided to have a go.

gfinkee

by gfinkee

so here are pictures of the bike in it is current condition

the bottlecages are pretty light.. around 15g per piece, and i think they look sexy.. but i have troubles with big bootles (750ml) coming out. i really like the match of USB bearings in the hubs and in the crank.

blade titanium pedals, pinarello edition

better look how i solve the heavy seatclamp "issue"

and the bike itself.. pretty happy with it, considering that it is with aluminium wheels, braking is superb though..

:beerchug:

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Tan wall tires maybe?

gfinkee

by gfinkee

Dr.Dos wrote:Tan wall tires maybe?

I thought about that, and will probably mount a Vittoria Corsa G+ next.. if i will still have a bike till then.. I probaby start selling the bike in Avgust??

fogman

by fogman

Nicely done. What size is the frame and do you have a final weight of the complete build?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

gfinkee

by gfinkee

fogman wrote:Nicely done. What size is the frame and do you have a final weight of the complete build?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is 54. Like in the picture, the scale shifts from 6,85 to 6,80.. it is more on a 6,80 side, so i assume that is somewhere around 6820?? Have to weight it with better scale.. So with Berk saddle it should be around 6,7kg. quite good i think, since there is nothing really special going on.. and i am very happy with how good this drives.. the sensations that gives me are very nice

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com