Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

gfinkee

by gfinkee

itguy wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:38 pm
Nice! Any reviews of the bike now?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
not really. i have another Pinarello now. Gan S, with Chorus :D and Scirocco's :cry:

didn't do anything special on it. I took the cages, pedals, sadle and skewers from the old Gan. Put a Vittoria Corsa Speed on.

I'm short on a cockpit and wheels.

but hey, i'm injoying a beautiful ride.

:beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HarrisonK

by HarrisonK

Great looking Gan! I have an RS and wish I had campy instead of shimano.

itguy

by itguy

gfinkee wrote:
itguy wrote:

not really. i have another Pinarello now. Gan S, with Chorus :D and Scirocco's :cry:

didn't do anything special on it. I took the cages, pedals, sadle and skewers from the old Gan. Put a Vittoria Corsa Speed on.

Sounds sweet! Got photos of your new ride? Also how does it ride?

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

gfinkee

by gfinkee

itguy wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:06 pm
gfinkee wrote:
itguy wrote:

Sounds sweet! Got photos of your new ride? Also how does it ride?

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk
I will post it in this week, but it already went to one lucky guy. This week i hope i will assamble the new Prince. BoB offcourse. i will post the pics.

gfinkee

by gfinkee

The how it was when it was sold. Don't really remember what the weight was. It had Chorus and Eurus 2 way fit with Corsa G+ speed TLR, with a tubless setup. A sweet ride.

now i have the new Prince, with Chorus EPS. It has 39/53 on front and a Super Record 11-29 at the back. Old Fulcrum Racing Speed XLR's with missmatching tubular tires :) and a Zero 100 bars and Superzero stem. I have Berk Hlod with leather cover and the pedals and cages from the previus setup. I haven't got the chance to ride it, but i assume how it rides :) it will be all smiles again.

gfinkee

by gfinkee

i forgot, 7,4 kg on scales. I'm quite happy with that. Nothing fancy on it.

StanK

by StanK

gfinkee wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:40 am

Great looking bike. I always liked that curvy frame / fork (Pinarello, Kuota ...), but everythings looks great.
Only when fashion of all black matte colour wouldn't be so widespread :mrgreen:

gfinkee

by gfinkee

I liked the old look too. My favorite is Dogma 65.1 in black.. but the ride quality really improved when they introduced F8

wrs

by wrs

gfinkee wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:59 pm
Hi,

the seatpost clamp is from an old 3T seatpost, but you can by similiar from KCNC.

I tried the tan line tires on but it was a big NO NO.

Few days back i got the Camp. Bora Ultra 35 tub. but then i put vittoria corsa cx tubulars on, which are heavy.. around 280g + glue. so now the bike is around 6,6kg. im a little bit dissapointed. will see what the time brings. I got the wheels cheap... would prefer a 50mm

somebody asked me about comparison between Fizik Aliante and Berk Hlod. The feeling is pretty similar. I feel the edges on Berk sometimes. If you want to avoid that, the choose the padded version. Overall i find Berk more comfortable, even without padding. The bike even felt on the floor few times, and the saddle is ok.. few minor scratches, but i little bit of a grit paper and some polishing will do the job.. i highly recommend Hlod over Aliante.

and a picture from my workplace, to where i commute :) without bibs :)Image
Is this picture taken with the F8 fork? How did that work on the Gan frame?

gfinkee

by gfinkee

wrs wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:16 pm
gfinkee wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:59 pm
Hi,

the seatpost clamp is from an old 3T seatpost, but you can by similiar from KCNC.

I tried the tan line tires on but it was a big NO NO.

Few days back i got the Camp. Bora Ultra 35 tub. but then i put vittoria corsa cx tubulars on, which are heavy.. around 280g + glue. so now the bike is around 6,6kg. im a little bit dissapointed. will see what the time brings. I got the wheels cheap... would prefer a 50mm

somebody asked me about comparison between Fizik Aliante and Berk Hlod. The feeling is pretty similar. I feel the edges on Berk sometimes. If you want to avoid that, the choose the padded version. Overall i find Berk more comfortable, even without padding. The bike even felt on the floor few times, and the saddle is ok.. few minor scratches, but i little bit of a grit paper and some polishing will do the job.. i highly recommend Hlod over Aliante.

and a picture from my workplace, to where i commute :) without bibs :)Image
Is this picture taken with the F8 fork? How did that work on the Gan frame?
this was indeed with F8 fork. Today it is still on Gan S of fellow of mine.

The ride felt great. Responsive front end, and some compliance in the frame. And it is not a sharp in the corners as Dogma, which is quite extreme. It is well balanced geometry and good frame design.