Dengfu R02 build (photo links redone on Flickr)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

motorapido

by motorapido

One piece main wiring loom complete and installed, weighing 15 grammes, its stripped down ribbon cable so current rating etc is OK and its small form so easy to run alongside the rear brake housing up to the bars, with heat-shrink or tape wrapped over, was even fairly easy to thread through the frame.

ImageIMG_5136 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr

Also completed the sprint shifter hack to use the brain of a climbing shifter, need to figure out where to hide it on the bars when installed.

ImageIMG_5137 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr

Crank installe OK and spins nice and freely using Rotor Bearings.

ImageIMG_5138 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr

Close to final saddle height means theres room to trim the seatpost.

ImageIMG_5139 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr

Fork clearance with 23mm Vittoria tubs,

ImageIMG_5143 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr
Last edited by motorapido on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BmanX

by BmanX

I do like those handlebars. Good weight and nice design.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

Cervelo SLC 5960g/13.13 lbs

by Weenie

kidrob

by kidrob

BmanX wrote:I do like those handlebars. Good weight and nice design.

Totally! Where did you order these? Alibaba? Ebay?

motorapido

by motorapido

Got them off ebay, from Costelo Sports, they also have a website,
I had posted some more details / info on this forum thread about them,

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=144200&start=30

The bars and the moulded spacers are pretty good and interlock, the bottom one with the bolt was distorted on my set and needed some manipulation to get it to sit properly in the stack.

Be aware they are for 1 1/4" steerer and the white plastic spacer shims they ship with are junk and too thin, i don't think you would ever get enough grip on the steerer for them to be safe, hence my custom spacer shim arrangement.
Ritchey, Synatce & Giant do similar spacers for their 1 1/4" stems so they can be bought.

motorapido

by motorapido

Think i've figured out my Di2 setup, just waiting for a second climbing shifter to turn up and gut, ( its currently lost in the couriers shipping system).
Plan is to use a standard brake lever shifter electronics in the LH shifter,
The brain from a climbing shifter is the same mouldings and bolt spacing as the electronic switch unit from a standard RH brake lever shifter. Since both can be programmed, i plan to replace the RH shifters standard electronics with those from the gutted climbing shifter.
Then stick the sprint shifter electronics module where the RH electronics module used to sit in the brake lever body.
Splice in my Sprint shifter electronics to the RH shifters cable, so that both terminate with one plug and cable that will run to the 3 port Junction 'A', and also run a cable from the LH shifter to the Junction 'A', and that should be job done.

They should all still be programmable, and keeping the LH standard module should allow me to retain the on the fly trim of the mech.
It might even shed a couple of grammes as a bonus.

I already run my shifters similar to SRAM, RH upshift, LH down shift, small paddle for front shifts, large paddle for rear shifts, so reprogram the button function anyway.

kidrob

by kidrob

Thanks for the info and updates on this one! Due to all the craftsmanship, work and thoughts you put into this it's really interesting! I have ordered a Chinese frame myself (while I am a bit scared of these handlebars tbh) and really cant wait for more updates on this one!

motorapido

by motorapido

Well, the climbing shifter turned up and a simple update and configuration with E tube has it working as the main shift unit for the RH lever, just need to swap over the electronics module into the lever assembly and shorten a couple of cables.

So, i have a standard shift lever electronics on the LH, a climbing shifter electronics in the RH lever and a climbing shifter electronics module hacked with some sprint shifter buttons fitted into the RH brake lever body.

Next is sorting out the Sram HydroR brake lines, not sure i can do mush to lighten the brakes other than KCNC light weight pad holders and Ti bolts. Also need to design up a custom carbon fibre Garmin mount.

Kidrob, what frame have you gone for and who's the seller. Handle bars in a simple flex test by me seem plenty stiff enough and the seller 'Costello' has some good reviews so will have to see how the perform long term.

pics will be updated later.

kidrob

by kidrob

Ordered a FM-008 (FM066_EVO) from Hongfu and just bought an Ultegra Di2 group (internal), thus following this with great interest as you seem to be great with these things and its a great project! Does the battery fit all well into the seatpost btw?
Last edited by kidrob on Thu May 18, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chefczyk

by chefczyk

this is going to be a slick ride.

motorapido

by motorapido

Thanks chefczyk,

Yepp battery fits fine in the 27.2mm seat-post, i didn't bother with a proper plastic insert, just a piece of the frames shipping material and a bit of insulation tape did the job and only weighed a couple of grammes.

The FM-008 frame looks nice, did you just go with the carbon finish or have you spent a couple of days and Emails pondering a colour scheme like i did.

kidrob

by kidrob

Thanks for the info, thats good to hear! I got the di2 on Ebay for a price I couldn't reject, so this had to be a fast shot while I couldn't assure such details.

I went with the default (matte black) finish and am currently waiting for production and delivery (I made a deposit) as the thing is currently not available with BSA in my size. Ima create a gallery entry as soon as it arrives...

Seeing your frame and its nice coloring I kinda regret not to have chosen painting but yeah ;)

motorapido

by motorapido

Chainrings and mech's installed,
ImageIMG_5149 by Paul Townsend, on FlickrDi2 shift with SRAM HydroR Brakes,
on the left, the control unit from a climbing shifter bolted onto the brake/shift lever, required a small mod to the lever to fit in, this gives room in the lever body for my sprint shifter control unit.
on the right, the standard shift lever electronics module.
ImageIMG_5147 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr
Fully assembled left shifter unit,
ImageIMG_5148 by Paul Townsend, on FlickrWhat goes on the other end of the brake hose,
ImageIMG_5150 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr
First try in plastic of a Garmin out front mount, using the M3 cover plate screw holes.
Needs a couple of mm clearance to the front of the bars.
Next attempt in 3mm CF plate.ImageIMG_5151 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr
Last edited by motorapido on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

motorapido

by motorapido

A few quick photos after dialling in the fit and position of the shifters and sprint switches, not the best light or background but will take some more on a more neutral background when the bars are wrapped.
A couple of short rides have been good, the only downside is that a light colour in a matt finish is going to be a B****r to keep clean.ImageIMG_5153 by Paul Townsend, on FlickrImageIMG_5154 by Paul Townsend, on FlickrImageIMG_5157 by Paul Townsend, on FlickrImageIMG_5160 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr
Last edited by motorapido on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

motorapido

by motorapido

Finished build with alloy clinchers is 7.020kg so should dip under 7kg when i get my carbon tubs back from re-dishing.

full build is,
Frame set, Dengfu R02 size 52,
Headset, FSA lightweight bearings, custom spacer stack
Stem/Bars Canyon H11 copies 100mm stem 41 with cable guides, Ti Bolts
Tape, Brand X,
Seatpost clamp, Gumeya,
Seatpost, Dengfu, tuned with Ti bolts and CarbonCycles yokes for carbon railed saddle
Saddle San Marco Aspide full carbon,

Drivetrain,
Cranks, S Works, 172.5 compact,
B/Bracket Rotor Ceramic BB30,
C/rings Stronglight CT2 51 / 36,
Pedals Time iclic 2,
Rr/Mech Ultegra Di2 6870,
Fr/Mech Ultegra Di2 6870,
Token chain catcher,
Chain KMC SL X11,
Brakes Sram Rival HydroR with KCNC pad holders,
B/levers shifter, Custom modified Shimano Di2 lever blades operating in Sram HydroR brake bodies,
LH is standard Di2 electronics,
RH is Climbing shifter electronics, with a second climbing electronics linked to pre Etube Dura race Di2 Sprint Shifters.
All fitted inside the standard Sram brake lever bodies.
Internal seat-post battery
All internal Di2 wires, custom 1 piece wiring loom,
Junction A hidden under bars,
Chinese carbon bottle cages, with Alloy bolts

On the way, custom carbon Garmin mount

Wheels,
Fr 24 hole radially laced,
American Classic micro hub,
One Three skewer,
DT swiss Revolution spokes,
Araya alloy spoke nipples,
Pacenti SL23 Mk1 rim, 24 hole
Superstar alloy valve stem,
Stans tape and fluid,
Hutchinson Atom Galaktic 23mm tyres tubeless,

Rr 24 hole radially laced,non drive 2X drive side
American Classic RD205 aero 420 hub, 2:1 spoke pattern 24 hole
One Three skewer,
DT swiss Revolution spokes,
Araya alloy spoke nipples,
Pacenti SL23 Mk1 rim, 32 hole laced 8 non drive 16 drive.
Superstar alloy valve stem,
Stans tape and fluid,
Hutchinson Atom Galaktic 23mm tyres tubeless,

Will repost weight etc once my Tubs come back.
ImageIMG_5165 by Paul Townsend, on FlickrImageIMG_5164 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr
ImageIMG_5163 by Paul Townsend, on FlickrImageIMG_5162 by Paul Townsend, on FlickrImageIMG_5161 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr
Last edited by motorapido on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

kidrob

by kidrob

Very nice man! How does she ride? Love the details and as already mentioned: Your craftsmanship, everything looks perfectly done! Congratulations!