Trek Madone 5.5 SL Project - Lance on Campagnolo

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

campagowlo

by campagowlo

I'm really happy with the ciamillo brake calipers. After watching a set up video on YouTube I've got the front caliper bang on. More powerful than my campag Athena although the modulation is more abrupt. I'm not convinced I've got the back quite right yet. £1 per gram saved, I'm pleased.

Next up at the end of the year is a chorus ho rear derailleur, right hand ergopower, edco monoblock cassette 11-32.

I'm not sure about the following:

1) Kmc 11 xl silver chain or black dlc?
2) Chris king sotto voce black headset or tune pink headset?

I'm starting to think a mcfk stem and deda superleggera rs bars would look spot on. I can always get them bonded at a later date.

Timo

by Timo

Brownie points for the new brakes!

- silver chain
- pink headset
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

campagowlo

by campagowlo

I'm definitely going down the mcfk stem and probably fizik carbon Cyrano bull bars and get them bonded.

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Incoming WR Compositi carbon bars and kalloy stealth stem. Trying to keep the costs down. Got the bars for £50 off eBay. I've lost a lot of weight over the winter and should be down to 74kg for the summer. That way I will stick with 10speed and go for a recon 11-27 cassette and a kmc 11xsl chain.

campagowlo

by campagowlo

I've updated the weights on the first page. Once I've fitted the bars, stem, cassette and chain I will weigh the total bike with everything on should be around 6.05kg. A super record rd will get it to 6.01kg. To break the 6kg barrier I will need lighter wheels. The carbon bars are a lot heavier than I thought. Still they only cost me £50.

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Got a dremel yesterday and will get to work on the rear derailleur!

Selcof stem 110mm in the post as well from planet x. Supposedly 110 grams for £12.50. Will see what the real weight is later this week. Will use acetone to get the graphics off. Working on the WR Compositi bars tonight.

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Started some work on the rear derailleur. First go with the dremel cutting the front plate. Needs a lot of perfecting!

Other jobs done:

- took some acetone to the selcof stem to get the decals off. Now nice and stealthy.

- swapped the bolts on the selcof stem from steel to some ti ones I had in the garage. From 24 grams to 10 grams. The stem weight is 133 grams which is a bit different to the 108 advertised. It was cheap and a nice -10 deg angle which I like.

- used acetone to get off the red line paint on my bontrager hubs. Now white which ties in nicely with the decals on the ergopower and chainset.
Attachments
selcof stem stealthed ti bolts-756x1008.jpg
WR Shallow Bars.jpg
Dremelled RD.jpg
Last edited by campagowlo on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

campagowlo

by campagowlo

A few bits ordered today to complete the build:

- Parts of Passion cassette lockring in pink.
- Parts of Passion bottle cage bolts in pink.
- KCNC derailleur cable in pink.

Trying to find an online shop in Europe that has a Parts of Passion Headset spacer 10mm in Pink.

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Used some t-cut polish compound to polish and clean the headset. Looking a lot sharper now. Once the final parts arrive, will complete the build and take some new photos.
Attachments
headset-756x1008.jpg
Last edited by campagowlo on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

I suggest you also post pictures of what you're doing or just post pics when it's done ;)

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Some pictures added!

campagowlo

by campagowlo

9g bolt saving using some deda ti ones off my newton stem.
Attachments
tibolts.jpg
steelbolts.jpg

campagowlo

by campagowlo

The weather is awful outside so I've used my kitchen for a quick preview of the build in progress. Please don't blast the angle of the bars!

To come is a seqlite 11-27 cassette, Parts of Passion rose pink cassette lockring/water cage bolts/10mm spacer, and KCNC pink Teflon derailleur cables. I will use Deda Traforato black bar tape which is light. I might leave untaped the straight section of the drops.
Attachments
Campagowlo Trek Madone.jpg

themidge

by themidge

Very nice! There's something about gloss black carbon and shiny aluminium that I love so much.
Please fix the bar and seat angles though.
P.S. how are you finding the ciamillos, I just got a pair and have heard some mixed reviews.

jooo

by jooo

Reading comprehension themidge?
campagowlo wrote:Please don't blast the angle of the bars!
The pic from earlier in the thread shows the angle is also pretty spot on for a smud saddle.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com