Trek Madone 5.5 SL Project - Lance on Campagnolo

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Cheers Midge - long live mid-2000s bikes. For me it’s the time when frame aesthetics and weight were in perfect harmony.

I was ashamed I had a tufo s33 tub languishing on the front wheel for over a year, it was like riding on an old hose pipe. I love veloflex tubs. Putting on the Campagnolo cassette has added around 150g but the incoming Kalloy uno stem should be 25 grams lighter and look better than the current stem. The elite custom race bottle cage is an experiment to see how much more practical it is to a tune wassertrager.

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Kalloy uno stem arrived today. I’ve gone for a 10cm stem rather than 11cm for two reasons. First the seat tube angle is more relaxed than I originally thought after checking a detailed geometry chart again. Second most stems I have purchased have never measured up exactly to size. The selcof stem that was on this build last was 11.5cm rather than 11cm.

This Kalloy uno
45F747FF-4B95-426F-846E-6DA58E19B055.jpeg
stem weighed 108 grams with the bolts it came with. I swapped the bolts for the lightest ones I have which originally came with a Deda newton stem, now it weighs 103 grams. I’ve done some initial acetone logo removal and will continue to.

Pic attached!

by Weenie