Trek Madone 5.5 SL Project - Lance on Campagnolo

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Ok - would like some advice. I'm about to pull the trigger on new bars and stem. The intersection of the top tube, down tube and headtube is fairly chunky so I'm leaning towards an MCFK stem. A Thm Fibia would look wierd I think and an AX Lightness a bit skinny. Bars I'm pretty set on Schmolke Evo TLO in stealth black as I like the drop, reach and shape. Any advice and thoughts appreciated.

campagowlo

by campagowlo

I'm also considering Bontrager XXX integrated bars and stem. Due to their long reach I would need a 10cm stem which would be 232 grams in total and cheaper than schmolke/mcfk by £300

by Weenie

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Minor update - Deda Nastro bar tape in pink. 41 grams for the full roll, will only use half of it so 20.5 grams. Not as light as Traforato but not shabby and will add a dose of colour.

I'm still undecided on bar/stem. I was put off by the reach of the Bontrager XXX integrated bars meaning I would have to use the 10cm stem option which might look weird.

I'm leaning towards Mcfk stem and THM Ulna bars now.
Attachments
deda nastro pink.jpg

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Minor update - KCNC pink brake cable on the rear.

Planned upgrades over the winter:

1) New bars - schmolke evo tlo or thm ulna. Been thinking about bontrager xxx integrated but I dont think it will look right.

2) Possibly AX Lightness Wheels?
Attachments
Sept 18 Trek update.jpg
Sept 18 Trek Update 2.jpg

Bely

by Bely

For what it’s worth don’t go the integrated route, I tried on the black inc integrated and it didn’t look right. What’s the weight like these days?

Great work mate!! Inspiration!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current
S.V | Argo2.0 | Cherubim | Festka Scala | Pego Respo & Marcelo | VXRS | 07 Trek Mad Sl | Merckx TSC | English V3 | Colnago C40 Mapei, C50 WC, C59 Saronni, C60 Italia

Incoming
Field

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Thanks Bely!

It weighs 6.05kg at the moment. Need to get it under 6kg! The WR compositi bars are anchors at 253 grams. Schmolke or THM and a MCFK stem is what I will probs end up going with. Thanks for the views on the integrated bars that was my gut instinct and you have confirmed it.

The mixed 10sp/11sp groupset with seqlite cassette is probably as light as I can get, could probs shave off 10 grams off the rd with some mods.

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Update to improve the cosmetics. Campagnolo Record 10 speed ergo which has been gutted and filled to make it a brake lever. Schmolke clamp. Great work done by Rohan Dubash (Doctor D) who did the gutting of the ergo. He also refurbed a right hand record 10 speed ergo and 10 speed record rd (which will go on my Once TT build). I will be 10 speed into the 2030s!
Attachments
Schmolke clamp record lever.jpg