My Next 'Nago; Project C6.0

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Current setup is Reynolds Thirty Two tubulars.
Current:
T2

Retired:
Blue | Project C6.0 | Felt AR FRD | Colnago C59 NERO | 2014 S-Works Tarmac | S-Works Venge | Wilier Cento Uno SL | Tarmac SL2

by Weenie

oldturd

by oldturd

Perfect-thanks!

Imaking20

by Imaking20

You bet! Hope you find a set. I got a great deal on them from a forum member here and have really been enjoying riding them. Riding a ~1000g wheelset is a little addictive!
Current:
T2

Retired:
Blue | Project C6.0 | Felt AR FRD | Colnago C59 NERO | 2014 S-Works Tarmac | S-Works Venge | Wilier Cento Uno SL | Tarmac SL2

oldturd

by oldturd

I can only begin to imagine!!!

and yeah, going to be tough to find a set.. Maybe RyanH should start a mailing list for cool lightweight parts for sale ;)

KarlC

by KarlC

oldturd wrote:I can only begin to imagine!!!

and yeah, going to be tough to find a set.. Maybe RyanH should start a mailing list for cool lightweight parts for sale ;)

Reynolds DV46T UL Tubulars are another option, they come in under 1100g

nismosr

by nismosr

Imaking20 wrote:
RyanH wrote:Is your BB using adapters for the 24mm spindle or is it a special BB? A BB30 red crank should work fine.

I need to check my scale shots but I believe they were high 280s per tire.

Edit: nvm, 270g on the dot for both.

Thanks for checking on tires!

As Beatnik mentioned, the 82.5 BB has a smallish ID. I really thought about stuffing in a 386 crank and using smaller bearings but gave up when I didn't find much info about the success rate on this frame. I would still be interested in giving it a try eventually.

I just finished building a NOS 2014 Orbea Orca with a BB86 bottom bracket which has a 41mm diameter same as the C60 BB and installed a FSA SLK light 386evo Crankset 600g using a PF4130 Bottom Bracket from Wheels Manufacturing ..
- 2018 Colnago V2-R TNMR - Campagnolo SR EPS - Lightweight Meilenstein Schwarz ED - P2Max
- 2017 Colnago Concept CHDB - Campagnolo SR EPS - Bora One 50 - Deda Superzero - Stages
- 2015 Cipollini RB800 - Campagnolo Athena EPS - Bora One 35

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Nice! I definitely pondered something like that but not crazy about the looks:cost ratio on that particular crank. That said, I don't know that I've found anything significantly better! But also don't think I'd swap the crank for >30g weight loss.

Interested to see your Orbea though :)
Current:
T2

Retired:

Imaking20

by Imaking20

J&L black titanium spindles, butterflies, and bolts - good for an 80g loss

Aluminum seatpost collar from Toronto Cycles - good for 14g loss

Total weight now - which I believe now makes this the lightest C60 on Weight Weenies... but still 115g to go :)

And after a miserable time getting the old crappy tires off and cleaning up the rims - I figured I'd break in the new Arenbergs on my wife's 3.4s
Current:
T2

Retired:

RyanH

by RyanH

What skewers are you running? Tape (man your retape a lot, lol)?

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Nice saddle bro.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Ryan, I was actually going to ping you today about skewers. On the 32s, I'm using the J&L locking ti skewers and starting to get a lot of terrible sounds out of them. I'm curious if you found a solution for yours.

I've only retaped this bike once! It's currently Fizik superlight with no logos. It will be going back to black in a week or two...

Tommy, I dig it! Now I want a black one...
Current:
T2

Retired:

RyanH

by RyanH

I'm thinking the Crumpton needs a white saddle and white bar tape so if you want to trade I'd be up for that.

The J&L bolt on skewers are trash. I think it has to do with the thread pitch (among other things). I say thread pitch because I have a set of Control Tech bolt ons with a non-butted axle and then make a noise as well. The best are the Tune TT skewers. They don't make any noise when tightening down and when removing them, they come off smoothly unlike the others. Since I may unload the Evo, I could earmark the Tune skewers for you. I probably shouldn't since I sold my last pair and ended up with another (and I would probably get another down the road again for some other project). They're good though, so I keep on buying them.

As far as tape, Deda may be lighter. I say maybe cause the latest batches are heavy for some reason. I used to be able to do the Ergonovas with 24g now I'm needing about 34g worth.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I really like the feel of this Fizik tape and it seems easier to maintain than cork stuff (understatement), but it's not light. I'll go Deda when I go back to black. I'm definitely up for a saddle swap though. And I could send along the tape as a freebie if you want it.

Keep me in mind on the Tune skewers. If you decide to offload them, I'd probably snag them. Otherwise I may just end up going back to my QR skewers for awhile (which is what's on the Enves)
Current:
T2

Retired:

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

I'd steer clear of the newer Tune skewers for the C60... Don't get me wrong, I like them and they work extremely well. The issue is that with the C60, the dropouts are recessed into the lugs. This causes a bit of a compatibility conflict with the newer "straight pull" design on the Tune as you can't fully close the quick release unless you face them tilted down below the chainstay or fully back. I've resorted to using the older design with the curved aluminum release but take note that if do go down this route, you'll wind up with some excess skewer and will need a slight trim.

Personally, it's just a matter of aesthetics.. but I tend to like a release that sits flush with the frame w/o having it face in an odd and awkward position.
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

benp

by benp

Can you please confirm the seat post clamp diameter (not received my C60 frameset yet). I believe it should be a 34.9 to suit a 31.6 post?

by Weenie