4ibanez's Supersix Evo - 4.29kg (build list in 1st post)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

I'm happy to wipe down with some UV protectant as part of the cleaning regime. Barely takes a minute to do the whole bike. Saying that, the job Godzuki and others have had done is usually top notch.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chrispino

by chrispino

4ibanez wrote:I'm happy to wipe down with some UV protectant as part of the cleaning regime. Barely takes a minute to do the whole bike. Saying that, the job Godzuki and others have had done is usually top notch.

What are you using to wipe down with?

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Aero 303 works well.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

NiFTY wrote:Aero 303 works well.

Yep this, which is what's giving those fork a bit of shine in the pictures. Or if I decide to go for a more matte finish I use Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte.

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

I installed the Recon cassette today but it's really narrow. Had to use 2 spacers on the freehub, so total was 104.5g not bad for an 11-27 though! The PYC SP1101 chain went on too. It was 215.6g. Almost the weight of the YBN ti, but it costs peanuts by comparison.

Also I put some nylon limit screws in the Red 22 RD saving a whopping 0.7g! I tried using nylon for the b-tension but it bent against the parallelogram, and I had to remove the RD and use pliers to remove the screw :oops:
Last edited by 4ibanez on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

4ibanez wrote:The PYC SP110Q chain went on too. It was 215.6g. Almost the weight of the YBN ti, but it costs peanuts by comparison.

Nice tip, ordered myself a pair too. What's the general feedback about it? This is the first time I see one mentioned.
Last edited by Klaster_1 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

I hadn't heard about it til a thread on here a while back. Good to share. Not read any reports on usage yet though. I'm about 5g over 10lbs now after the latest changes :lol:

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

4ibanez wrote:I'm about 5g over 10lbs now after the latest changes [emoji38]

This sentence is so mind-boggling [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

kantcantcamp

by kantcantcamp

any pictures with the new fork?

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

Kayrehn wrote:
4ibanez wrote:I'm about 5g over 10lbs now after the latest changes [emoji38]

This sentence is so mind-boggling [emoji38]
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Haha - good point that was a bit stupid! Not sure if this is better?... "I'm 0.0110231lbs over 10lbs". I'm a metric guy, but 10lbs is just the next milestone! When I get under 4.5kg I might call it quits with fiddling with the bike. No way I can get under 4kg without using Tufos!

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Your build just keeps getting better. How much did the pyc chain save over a kmc?
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

Klaster1 wrote:
4ibanez wrote:The PYC SP110Q chain went on too. It was 215.6g. Almost the weight of the YBN ti, but it costs peanuts by comparison.

Nice tip, ordered myself a pair too. What's the general feedback about it? This is the first time I see one mentioned.

Here's a link to a PDF doc about PYC

http://www.kspyc.com/down.php?id=3

The chains are about NZ$40 on eBay

Will try one when my chain needs replacing....soonish
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

NiFTY wrote:Your build just keeps getting better. How much did the pyc chain save over a kmc?

Thanks. You need to update us with your latest too!
The KMC was 222g new, PYC was 215g both at 108 links.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Once i get a chnace to cut the steerer on the new fork i will update photos. Unfortuantely my hanging scale is in storage somewhere. It is now sub 5 but noy sure exact weight. No threat to yours weightwise.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

These have Fibre Lyte rings have arrived. 51/35 just because I want to try something different. Same difference in teeth as a 52/36, and matched number of teeth odd/odd , as Stephen suggested not to do odd/even. Here they are:

I had a fair bit of trouble setting them up. Couldn't get them to shift down when in the stand. The chain kept getting stuck on the 'step' behind the teeth (the teeth are machined from the back). I might take a file to it in order to remove the edge of the step. Bit weird, I've never had trouble setting up chainrings before.

As an almost last hope, I hopped on and managed to shift up then down ok underneath my body weight...weird, but a relief. But it started to rain before I really tested properly on the road, so not convinced I've got them fully figured out. I'll get in touch with Stephen if I can't get them working to a satisfactory level. Also something I've considered, should I remove a link from the chain if going down by 1t in the chainring? I'm using the same number as with the 52/36 at the moment

The good news if I stick with them, is that they get me sub 10lbs - 4,517g according to my spreadsheet on page 1. I suspect I'm a few grams below that as I haven't re-weighed the frame after some more fine sanding, or the shifters after I drilled out the paddle. Here's the proof (to the nearest 10g).

And finally, here it is with the new forks and bits on it (sorry, night time picture)