Cannondale SuperSix EVO Hi-Mod w/ Campy

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BikeSwan

by BikeSwan

ultyguy wrote:Any time on the wheels? thoughts?

I've used these wheels for the past year on two different bikes and have been thoroughly impressed. The braking is consistent and powerful even in the wet, and they have a 'freight-train' feel to them. I was hesitant about there being any material difference to my previous Mavic Ksyrium SL's, but they do genuinely feel faster and stiffer. I was gonna go for a set of ENVE SES 3.4's, but I found these EC90's for a price I couldn't ignore. This will be my first season running them tubeless though. So we'll see how that goes . . .

If you're thinking about getting a set, be mindful of the insanely wide rim profile. Some 'Featherbrakes' I was intending on using on the build didn't part wide enough to fit the rim in when they had brake pads on, so I had to use standard Record brakes. The chain stay spacing on the SuperSix is pretty generous, but there is still only 5.3mm on each side.
Landyachtz 1146 Ti Custom
Argon 18 Dark Matter
YT Izzo Pro Race 29

. . . and a 500lb KTM :thumbup:

Beaver

by Beaver

BikeSwan wrote:
Beaver wrote:Hi, how much room is left between the rim and chain stays? Thanks!

5.3mm at the tightest spot on both sides.

Thank you very much - then it looks tighter than it really is and should fit the new Enve SES 3.4:

I only hope the smaller sizes have the same space...

5.3mm is a lot. :) I currently run an Evo of the first generation with 23mm wide 17c rims and 23mm tires - right at the tire there's only 2mm on the right and 2.5mm space on the left towards the chain stays...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BikeSwan

by BikeSwan

New wheels! Loving the bike so far, so I put a little update on the main post.

13.6 lbs with the new kicks on.
Landyachtz 1146 Ti Custom
Argon 18 Dark Matter
YT Izzo Pro Race 29

. . . and a 500lb KTM :thumbup: