KWalker's Stinner Hyperspace "Forever Bike"

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

You're probably already two steps ahead, but double check your expected seat post length requirements against MCFK's clamping guidelines.

Dig the Star Wars hyperspace concept. Are you fast enough?! Ha.

I'll be at the bike show this weekend. Eyes wide open!

rjaync

by rjaync

KWalker wrote:I just care about the weight. I'm 150-160lbs, I don't need tons of power. I run Formula R1 Racing with Ashima on my Yeti and they work awesome, but road disc is a new ballgame for me. I'd get the Hopes if the weight is equivalent to the 9100 calipers simply because they come in purple. As for the rotors they ain't any lighter than Icetech, so if I'm switching its to a single piece 6 bolt.

Fair enough - that makes good sense then. I ended up basically going down one rotor size for each end for road vs mtb (160 front and 140 rear). My drive is a 25% gradient and I couldn't get enough power out of the 140mm front to feel like I could stop in time lol. Out and about the 140mm worked fine. I have a couple of Ashima 6 bolt in the garage if you want them. And yes - Hope had me at Purple....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Disc bikes really do nothing for me but I'm interested to see how this one turns out...I hope it all works out for you.
"It's not the destination...it's the ride!"

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I'm looking forward to this build being done so you finally decide on a part spec :smartass:

KWalker

by KWalker

Johnny Rad wrote:You're probably already two steps ahead, but double check your expected seat post length requirements against MCFK's clamping guidelines.

Dig the Star Wars hyperspace concept. Are you fast enough?! Ha.

I'll be at the bike show this weekend. Eyes wide open!

Oh you better believe I nerded out on the insertion length! Had the builder use a slightly longer seat tube and less top tube slope so it appears more traditional but allows for the lightest config.

Fast? Let's hope! My last name is Walker, which is close to Skywalker and I have a Yoda tattoo so I think I can at least live the bikes vibe and get more excited to ride it than any other customer could!
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

KWalker

by KWalker

Wingnut wrote:Disc bikes really do nothing for me but I'm interested to see how this one turns out...I hope it all works out for you.

I'm pretty indifferent but given it's likely the future standard and Speed Release prob is too it seemed like I might as well rip the bandaid and swap right now. I do a lot of rain riding and am sick of shitty scares and roasting through pads. I'll prob use the same Swiss Stop pads I use on my Yeti.

It's not gunna super light, super aero, or super gravel bro, but it can fit 30s on a wide rim and will still prob be lighter than a ViAS with clinchers. Most of all it might just end up with cool paint as something slightly different.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I agree KWalker, if I was going for another road bike I'd have to go with discs as it's inevitable...
"It's not the destination...it's the ride!"

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Nice story behind the upcoming build, I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing more.

nobuseri

by nobuseri

Sounds like a winner so far. Thanks for letting us in on the experience.

BTW, I need pics as soon as you get them. :beerchug:

Subscribed!
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Super rad... I can't wait to hear and see more about it. I'll be scouring the galleries for the bike show.
2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador
http://www.Crankaddicts.cc
http://www.skratchlabs.com
2015 Specialized S-Works Allez
2015 Specialized Venge Pro
2014 Specialized S-Works Shiv TT

Gullholm

by Gullholm

Really looking forward to see how this turns out! Sounds like a really unique and great build!

KWalker

by KWalker

Some goods arrived today. Paid a bit of a weight penalty for UD, but it will match the rim weave. Mixing weaves bothers me.

120mm -6 UD:

27.2x300 UD:

175, 50x34 bearing shields and spacers are on the crank:
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Nice! That's all that needs to be said :thumbup:

KWalker

by KWalker

I might add that once the stem length is finalized I will send this set to Predator to get them made into a bar/stem with holes for internal di2/hydro line routing to clean things up on the front a bit.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Looking forward to this one (pun intended)
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.