613 Saeco mild weenie

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

hma

by hma

F45 wrote:Saddle, lose 100 grams easily.
Wheelset, lose 2-300 grams.

see op for project's current status :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

F45

by F45

Well, you posted this on March 5th. I figured it was the latest info.

fulcrum racing 5 lg wheelset
fizik antares manganese saddle

Both porkulus.

KC

by KC

This looks like a 54 or 55cm? What was the weight of the frame? I have a six13 in raw finish that's around 1160grams yours is a 3 tube version and I thought it might be a little lighter?

Oh on your brakes try Ciamillo micros. 150 grams with Ti bolts and without pads. They have great modulation. I have my 54 under 6 kg.

These are some of the best looking classic frames around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hma

by hma

KC wrote:This looks like a 54 or 55cm? What was the weight of the frame?

frame size is 56cm, and i have no idea of the weight. was not meant to be a ww project, so did not measure before building up. and now that it is a ww thing, i think i'll be lazy to take it all apart..

KC wrote:Oh on your brakes try Ciamillo micros.

thanks, but no single pivot brake for me. also, no niche manufacturers that charge insane amounts for something that will never come close to a god dual pivot in terms of performance. i'll be doing a full Ti hardware swap on the skeletons as i found a page that has everything specific and another one that does the generic fastener stuff in case the first company does not have something (links and pic below)

http://www.bikehardest.net/shop/FTC-Cam ... aur-Veloce

http://www.stanfordmaterials.com/titani ... eners.html

afaik the non series skeletons are athena level. parts marked with red can be replaced (main pivot and mounting bolt too, not pictured). would be nice to have the barrel adjusters from the link below too, but they don't seem to be available anymore.

http://www.bikerecyclery.com/campagnolo ... s-5g-pair/

wonder how much weight can be lost this way (starting point is the claimed 321g)

KC

by KC

They engineered in the adjustable cam so you can switch between wide and narrow rims with a set screw. Yes they are pricy though. Performance is out standing on these brakes especially considering the crazy low weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by KC on Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

KC

by KC

The Ciamillo's are dual pivot, that's where he engineered in the adjustable cam so you can switch between wide and narrow rims with a set screw. Yes they are pricy though. Performance is outstanding on these brakes

Sram red brakes are 270 ish grams and can be bought pretty cheap!

Looking forward to your build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hma

by hma

so slapped the wheels on the bike for a weekend test ride as next week i hope to use it in the alps for a few days. still need to get matching shimano brake shoes (swisstop carbon pads for shimano are half the price of the campy set).

changed the zero100 handlebar for a presa - that's 39grs. that's almost 40grs!

michel2

by michel2

propper ! i love 10 speed record ! (-:

ronderman

by ronderman

That bike is so boss. I had that exact frame in Dura Ace with Ksyrium wheels - it was so killer.

Love that you built it up with the SiSL2 cranks, deda and 10 speed. It's amazing - that bike is better than any of the Dale bikes out now. For real. Also - that premium plus fork was so ahead of it's time for when it came out - all carbon, no aluminum dropouts.

Take care of it and don't do what I did and sell it.

glepore

by glepore

Those wheels are Lew's-Paul Lew - bought out by Reynolds at a later date. They were the lightest aero option in their day. Reasonably durable.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record