Ultra light bike

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

:shock: :shock: :shock: Detail shots of the wheels and any other specific mods woul dbe great

Alfonso

by Alfonso

I am thinking of changing later a schmolke TLO handlebar that I have 42 E / E of 143 gr, a bottlecage BTP of 4gr and a few s pieces of concept64 for the brakes and some more and I think I can lower the bike 20 gr less.
I would like you to advise me where I could download some gr more since every time I see it more difficult jajajajajaja ....
What I do not want is to resort to putting the shifters in the frame but only for themes of aesthetics, which I particularly do not like although I recognize that the scale lowers quite a lot.
Then I see that the majority of the light boxes are very small sizes 48-50 and I always use 54 that there are also differences of gr, but a 48-50 is very small for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

The Bottlecage system Fabric weighs with Schmolke carbon screws just 2,5g.

If you go over to downtube shifter you could save a lot of weight. Less weight on the brakelevers (you could tune yours or buy some which are just brakelevers) and less weight on the wires. I guess that my system on my Stevens weighs 200-220g less than yours.

I have the PYC CN 11S Narrow chain ( the newest one which is the lightest) and it just weighs 200g for 108 pieces.
https://www.m-bikeparts.de/-11-speed-Bi ... lver-.html

craciunptr

by craciunptr

You could also remove the front derailleur, chainring and shifter and convert it to a 1X

BmanX

by BmanX

@ craciunptr - Hey that is what I always say. You beat me too it.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Alfonso

by Alfonso

Hi.
These are the only pictures I have of the wheels, when I ride them on the bike.
Then the weight is reduced by 28 gr by placing full ceramic bearings and say that they are fine, but these bearings are very delicate, like the titanium Pillar radiuses that flex much compared to other Sapim, CN-spoke, DT swiss, etc. .... but the truth is that they are the lightest I've ever got.
Attachments
20170310_081008_opt.jpg
20170310_081418_opt.jpg

Alfonso

by Alfonso

Hi.
After some change, I managed to lower 30 gr by changing the stem and the handlebar schmolke TLO of 42 E / E and some small piece.
A greeting.
Attachments
1_opt (1).jpg
2_opt.jpg
3_opt.jpg
4_opt.jpg
5_opt.jpg

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

This is incredible! Looks so minimalist. The weight of the fork and those wheels is a bit scary!

kgt

by kgt

This thread reminds us of good, old wweenieism

Mep

by Mep

Exactly, this is what WW felt like in the old days when weight trumped everything. Nice job!

benp

by benp

Seriously impressive weenieness. That whole bike weights a fraction more than my wheel assemblies. I doubt it would take my 100+kg, 6'3" frame tho'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

try to go 1x,meybe you will seen 2xxx of front??!?

BmanX

by BmanX

I agree with the others and what I said before, if you go 1x then you will get 2xxx for sure. Gut the front shifter, remove FD, FD housing and FD cable. Remove FD hanger if possible but not sure on that model if you can unscrew it, go with a 44t or 46t front ring and you should be close. To be honest I see no reason not to go 1x for such a build.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

campagowlo

by campagowlo

This takes me back to some of the best ww builds. This build and 4ibanez build really show what is possible. I can't wait to get my trek madone build finished. Nothing like this though!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

Thanks, but this is another level. Arguably mine's more rideable than this mad wheel/tub setup though!