Ultra light bike

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Alfonso

by Alfonso

The frame and the fork got me a friend who made it custom.
They usually do not to stop the chain of work.
I would like to reach the 3 kg, but I see it very complicated because what I do not want to lighten the bike, would be drilling, cutting or filing the components or parts of the bike to lower the grams (I have only retouched the rear dearielleur that I Remove the front where Red is placed and the dock is visible).
I like the line that has the bike with components and materials obtained from well-known brands and with guarantees.
I am afraid to break the components to lighten a few grams, so far I have replaced parts for similar parts but in carbon, aluminum or titanium, so as not to lose rigidity and safety.

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

Which rims you are using?? The lightest produced are AX lightness,they weight 190grams each. So theres only 180 left for hubs and spokes and nipples
Last edited by bikemaniack on Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

M5 flanged front hub: 33 grams
Pillar Xtralite spokes @ 2.7g 16F,20R: 97.2 grams
36 aluminum nipples@0.4g: 14.4 grams
Extralite Cyber Rear hub: 130 grams

Total: 274.6

So rims are some kind of special edition? I want them.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

The 2,7kg one in its version from Fairwheelbikes had somw 583g wheels as well. There where some special ax rims.
Maybe Alfonso has some of these as well.

Here you can read about these wheels
http://www.redbull.com/en/bike/stories/ ... -road-bike

craciunptr

by craciunptr

Really impressed !! Could you take some pictures of the bike in daylight please ?

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

Can you give more details on the custom frame? Are you saying a custom layup was done for this frame and fork?

donald

by donald

Alfonso, How many miles and how often are you riding on a rear tire that weighs 110 grams. How often do you ride that rear wheel, the rim at only 160 grams with 20 spokes? I know wheels and it is hard to believe a rear rim of only 160 grams being able to ride on normal roads for years, lets say with an average of 150 K miles per week. I don't doubt the weight of your wheels just that it is hard to believe since rough roads with an 18 c, 110 gram tire would not help to protect the rim much with pot holes. I do admire the work you have done and your desire to have a really light bike. I'm sure you could shave some more weight in some places.

Alfonso

by Alfonso

The rims of these wheels bought them in an ebay auction years ago and weighed 157 gr and 159 gr. The spokes do not remember the total weight as the nipples, the Hub Hub M5 changed the bearings for a full ceramic and the weight was lowered to 28 gr and the rear hub extralite changed the four bearings for full ceramic and a friend me Changed several pieces and stayed less than 100 gr.
As I said at the beginning it is a bike that wanted to see to what weight could arrive within the components and materials that could have and that there are in the market modifying some things.
This bike I use for some ride, since I do not compete in races and I leave little with the bike for work reasons, but I have other bikes of more weight that offer me more safety and more rigidity than this bike and I like more aesthetically with Profile wheels and more colorful.
The Elite tubules 110gr use them two or three times to test them and for good roads since they are track, I usually use the elite yet 160 gr.
But most who put photos of their light bikes put these tubular or lighter, fairwheelbike, Günter Mai, Sebastian Roth.

livestrong1986

by livestrong1986

Want to see other bikes too!

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Amazing!
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

That's pretty wild..
Using Tapatalk

Alfonso

by Alfonso

Hi.
These are the other bikes that I have now and I am using, these fots were made when I was riding them for a long time in the absence of adjustments of changes, brakes, saddle height and handlebar.
These bikes have some light components like ax lightness, extralite, schmolke, tiso, etc ..... which I change them looking for the lightest and aesthetically that fit the bikes.
I have a lot of different brands material that I'm trying to find always the lightest, but sure.
I have nine sets of wheels of different profiles and different weights, some are bought made and other handmade, derailleur rear and front, brakes, handlebars, stems, sadles, forks, frames, etc .... to make a cycling team like sky ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Attachments
20160917_101011_opt.jpg
20160927_083545_opt.jpg
20170305_190407_opt.jpg

Alfonso

by Alfonso

Forgive me for the image of the photos.
Were made with the mobile phone as well as the light bike and there is little light in the room where I have them.
When I go out with each one of them I will send pictures of the day and with landscapes from my background area

craciunptr

by craciunptr

Hi Alfonso, that would be really nice ! Looking forward to seeing your collection!

craciunptr

by craciunptr

We love detail shots too!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com