CAAD12 Project - 6.32kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Post Reply
evan326
Posts: 480
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:51 pm
Location: RVA,USA

by evan326

Hammer?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

grover
Posts: 1127
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:06 pm

by grover

Maybe a light tap with a plastic mallet is better than 'hit it with a hammer'.

The aim is to make sure the crankarm and spacers on the driveside are fully seated against the driveside bearing shield. There is potential for there to be a little gap remain on the drive side which you can't see.

As it stands though with two microshims your wavy washer compression looks great and I would think that that pressure would have pulled any gap left on the driveside through.

by Weenie


Durisic
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:33 am

by Durisic

Amazing color! good! :thumbup:

Sam
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden

by Sam

Lovely. Not my definition of budget though.

evan326
Posts: 480
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:51 pm
Location: RVA,USA

by evan326

Sam wrote:Lovely. Not my definition of budget though.

I do feel like that phrase gets thrown around here a little too much.
Still excited to see the final weight. I already have a lot of room to make up and he doesn't have his saddle and post yet!

FLtrooper
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:26 am
Location: SFL

by FLtrooper

Durisic wrote:Amazing color! good! :thumbup:
grover wrote:Maybe a light tap with a plastic mallet is better than 'hit it with a hammer'.

The aim is to make sure the crankarm and spacers on the driveside are fully seated against the driveside bearing shield. There is potential for there to be a little gap remain on the drive side which you can't see.

As it stands though with two microshims your wavy washer compression looks great and I would think that that pressure would have pulled any gap left on the driveside through.

Sam wrote:Lovely. Not my definition of budget though.


Gentlemen... I appreciate the assistance and kind words.

Overall, I assume the total cost for this project is under $2,000 and to me seems like a budget compared to some of the awesome premium builds on this site. But perhaps the word, "budget" could be better suited if I sourced open mould and used parts.

:)
Last edited by FLtrooper on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evan326
Posts: 480
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:51 pm
Location: RVA,USA

by evan326

I'm just jelly

FLtrooper
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:26 am
Location: SFL

by FLtrooper

It appears my the shipping of my seatpost is delayed..grr!! I was really hoping to use the bike at a popular metric Century event this Saturday!

On a positive note.. the Titanium bolts for the water bottle cage arrived! I also received some other titanium bits to build another pair of Speedplay Zeros. I just need the Pedals and spindles to arrive!

:)

Johnny Rad
Posts: 1850
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:22 am
Location: Zion

by Johnny Rad

Johnny Rad wrote:Will the tardy post and saddle arrive in time for picture day?!

FLtrooper wrote:It appears my the shipping of my seatpost is delayed..grr!! I was really hoping to use the bike at a popular metric Century event this Saturday!

All is not lost! Stand and kick it out. It's just a metric century!

:thumbup:

FLtrooper
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:26 am
Location: SFL

by FLtrooper

Johnny Rad wrote:
Johnny Rad wrote:Will the tardy post and saddle arrive in time for picture day?!

FLtrooper wrote:It appears my the shipping of my seatpost is delayed..grr!! I was really hoping to use the bike at a popular metric Century event this Saturday!

All is not lost! Stand and kick it out. It's just a metric century!

:thumbup:


Haha.... I'm not that hard core :)

Good News! It only took 11 days to get from New York to Florida!


Image

Keep in mind I chopped 3 1/2 inches off and can probably chop another 1-2 inches if needed :)

Time for the test ride in this horrible mid-high 80's weather!!

:(

FLtrooper
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:26 am
Location: SFL

by FLtrooper

Well she's pretty much finished.. still need to do some minor fit adjustments but it worked great on the maiden 25 mile ride. I'm very very impressed and instantly felt pretty comfortable. The Sram components work awesome and all of the other components feel great!

Image

Image

:)

Johnny Rad
Posts: 1850
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:22 am
Location: Zion

by Johnny Rad

Congrats on getting it built - finally.

Does Cannondale do the seat post clamp backwards or is everyone else backwards?

raffit78
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:32 pm

by raffit78

Beautiful bike! Came out perfectly! Enjoy the ride!

Cannondale does have a backwards clamp.... well.... all other manufacturers are backwards I mean ;)







Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLtrooper
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:26 am
Location: SFL

by FLtrooper

raffit78 wrote:Beautiful bike! Came out perfectly! Enjoy the ride!

Cannondale does have a backwards clamp.... well.... all other manufacturers are backwards I mean ;)

Johnny Rad wrote:Congrats on getting it built - finally.

Does Cannondale do the seat post clamp backwards or is everyone else backwards?


Haha yeah that clamp is odd but appears to be very effective and is light weight!

Thanks for the kind words, I already can't wait to get home and ride it after I make some minor figment adjustments!

:)

evan326
Posts: 480
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:51 pm
Location: RVA,USA

by evan326

Looks like I've got some catch up work to do weight wise :shock:
Just be aware I'm 99% sure the seatpost needs at least 90mm insertion.
Mind me asking how tall you are?

by Weenie


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post