by michel2

very nice !enjoy !!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dwaharvey

by dwaharvey

Nice looking bike and build! In terms of the Reynolds Ouzo pro forks, I think they were typically ~360-380g but that was for a standard 1 1/8 fork, not the "integrated crown" style you have on your bike. I think those carried some weight penalty, as you've seen. If you want to change that fork out, I'd suggest trying to find a good deal on an Enve 2.0 fork. I used to have a Moots where I went from Reynolds -> Ritchey WCS -> Enve 2.0 and the Enve was light years better than the Ritchey, and lighter than the Reynolds. The Ritchey I found suffered a lot of brake-dive/shuddering, and the Enve just tracked much much better. This was some years ago though and it's possible that Ritchey have improved significantly since.

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

Thanks for your answer.
I´ve got an early Ritchey WCS in my Stevens and know what you talk about. As i live in the flats it feels okej but in the hills the Ritchey is to soft for me as i´m kinda heavy myself. But this Ritchey still weighs 251g and now the are about 330 i think so they should be stiffer.

Right now i´m thinking about the 3T Funda Team Stealth fork but i still do not know. Should weigh 335g with a long steerer but if that´s right who knows

Sam

by Sam

What parts are subject to tuning? Perhaps the shifters?

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

In the beginning i will not do so much tuning to the parts. Will tune the bike by changing some parts first and than i´ll look over everything and whats to tune.
New parts will be
- a new fork but still do not know which one
- Schmolke Bar TLO or SL
- Schmolke Seatpost TLO or SL
- new Stem maybe a coparni carbon stem
- new wires maybe the new Jagwire´s
- ne Quickreleases
- maybe a Tiso front derailleur

Than one part which will make the bike heavier are the new brakes. Ordered M5 brakes with Corima pads. They weigh almost the double to the AX3000 i´ve got on right now but i always wanted to try them out.

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

Second ride on that bike and it is great fun

Sam

by Sam

A very classy build. Wondering where you live considering it snowed most of Sweden today.

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

Åkers Styckebruk ca 70km southwest from Stockholm. Had no snow ad all, just -1°C and some wind

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

Just tryed the Ritchey WCS fork from my stevens in the Litespeed. The fork weighs 256.6 inclusive an expander. With that fork the bike weighs 6410g
I think it looks nice and the lightweight of that fork is nice as well. I think i will buy a THM fork for the Stevens and use the WCS in the Litespeed. But not for now as i need to shorten the shaft with 1cm and i do not wanna do that before i have a new fork for the Stevens

dwaharvey

by dwaharvey

Good solution to your fork dilemma if you're happy with the way it rides. It's certainly light, and the curved shape of the Ritchey definitely looks nice on the Vortex - sets off / mirrors the arc of the seatstays very nicely.

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

Will see how it rides. Its almost 3 years that i have not ridden the Stevens, maybe i remember the fork in another way than it is.
Or that the softer Litespeed frame and the WCS just feels different together - better/worse than the the fork felt in the stiffer Stevens frame.

Sizzler

by Sizzler

I agree, looks very nice!

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

Had some Tufo<195 tires laying around. Will try out one on the frontwheel which saves me 62g to the old tire. I´m not sure how long the Tufo will last, we will see. I guess it is not a good idea to have one of these on the backwheel as i ride some dirty roads and are kinda heavy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

The bike works just fine and rides great. I´m so happy that i build it up :)