Field Cycles

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

beeatnik

by beeatnik

leicaman wrote:I have no connection to Ridge Supply unfortunately. Wish I had , then I might get some free socks ;). My mate is wearing the ridge supply socks. I'm just wearing some cheapo Uniqlo ones.

I realise that some may not like the King cages but I do like them. They hold a bottle as well as an arundel too ;)

Can you believe it, we were halfway through the build when we realised that we hadn't weighed the frame and fork separately. We weren't in the mood to take everything off :(

ah, your paint concept is very reminiscent of the ridge supply skyline socks. love abstracted mountainscapes. like minds!

Last edited by beeatnik on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Anyone can do an "abstracted mountainscape," but my eyes say the gold detailing puts this bike into a rarified aesthetic space. The matching stem and isp topper are nicely done, too. I enjoyed reading your backstory on the gold leaf, which personalizes this bike to you even more. Well-played!

leicaman

by leicaman

@Jonny rad. Cheers. Thanks for the kind words. There is one part of the bike that has been super personalised it I've kept that under wraps ;). Doesn't get much more personalised than what Field did for me.

Here are a couple of photos I took around 8 years ago that gave inspiration to do the mountain design. Tom at Field used some of the ridgelines from these photos and others I sent him. They were taken on my Tachihara large format camera, made in Japan with 400 year old Japanese Sakura (cherry wood). Shot on Velvia 50 and I think the self developed B&W shot was taken on Tri-X.

And here is the camera I took them with.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Damn cool.

leicaman

by leicaman

Thanks for the link regarding the Brooks rivets, Rich. I hadn't seen them. Wonder if they do gold ones ;)

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Calnago

by Calnago

@Leicaman: Ok... I knew I liked this thread from the start but now that you've presented your own photos that formed the basis of the inspiration for your bicycle, it takes on a whole 'nother level of personalization and I just love it. Well done! That bike will hopefully be with you forever alongside your photographs.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Look565w

by Look565w

That is a gorgeous looking bike & camera!

Gold must be one of your favourite colour :-)

Cheers

leicaman

by leicaman

Quick review of the bike for you. I think it will tell you all you need to know about how I feel regarding the bike.

Pijpie

by Pijpie

Hahahaha, great pictures!

leicaman

by leicaman

Found a little time to get one of my reasonable cameras out the other day to take some shots of the Field whilst I was cleaning her. I put some different shoes on her as my Enves got a puncture over the weekend and I'm now waiting for some nice new rubber to be shipped over from Germany.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Beautiful!! That's all that needs to be said.

nismosr

by nismosr

wow .. beautiful paint job .. The Rapha Special Edition Winter jacket looks perfect with it.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Amazeballs.
Evo 5.02kg SL3 6.77 Slice RS 8.89 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;