by micky

Glad you like the bike you bought from my mate. :wink:
Amazing build!

Look565w

by Look565w

micky wrote:Glad you like the bike you bought from my mate. :wink:
Amazing build!

Micky, you know Nicola? :D

I sent him an email link with this thread just there!

Cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Look565w

by Look565w

Micky, just checked you "current ride" photo, I recognised that back drop! :-)

micky

by micky

Look565w

by Look565w

micky wrote:Image

:thumbup:

Look565w

by Look565w

Borrowed some shoes from my other bike, rides even better with it!

Cheers

c60rider

by c60rider

There's only one thing I could possibly change on that and it would be a horizontal stem. Why don't Deda do these?? Deda are you on these forums like many manufacturers are? -17 stems!

velov

by velov

Beautiful.
The last of the lust worthy models that Colnago has made in my humble opinion. The slender tubes (compared to current models) match the the traditional geo aesthetic perfectly.

Look565w

by Look565w

c60rider wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:21 pm
There's only one thing I could possibly change on that and it would be a horizontal stem. Why don't Deda do these?? Deda are you on these forums like many manufacturers are? -17 stems!
I totally agree, if Deda made the exact stem with -17, I would buy even if it cost twice as much as the -8.
I suppose it’s demand though, there really isn’t enough traditional geo frame on the market to justify the need for Deda to provide this option I guess ..........

joe1234

by joe1234

I have the same frame since 10 years now...

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Have you looked into the latest Pro Vibe stems. They come in a -10 or -17 and the subtle black on black graphics are quite nice. I tried one in -17 but in the end settled back on the trusty -8 Deda with 9mm less spacers. The -17 stem would put your bars almost 1.8cm lower then currently and given your stem is already slammed you couldn’t go in between as that would require some more spacers.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Geoff

by Geoff

OK, that's nice. Great find!

Look565w

by Look565w

Calnago wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:06 pm
Have you looked into the latest Pro Vibe stems. They come in a -10 or -17 and the subtle black on black graphics are quite nice. I tried one in -17 but in the end settled back on the trusty -8 Deda with 9mm less spacers. The -17 stem would put your bars almost 1.8cm lower then currently and given your stem is already slammed you couldn’t go in between as that would require some more spacers.
Calnago, I think I might be able to handle a lower “drop” with a -17 stem, but have to try first to make sure.
I will have a look at the Pro Vibe you suggested, however I’m kind of limited as to what stem I can choose due to the lack of steering tube (which was already cut low when I got the frame)
So, I can only put a very low “stack height” stem on this bike. The Deda Superleggero fits perfect with its low 36mm stack height, anything higher will be an issue :-/ ........ the Extralite Hyperstem is another option, but it’s expensive :-(

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

The pro vibe stem actually requires a shorter cut, about 34mm of stem inside the stem clamp in order to be able to use their flush mount cap. So it may be actually perfect for your situation.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Look565w

by Look565w

Calnago wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:54 pm
The pro vibe stem actually requires a shorter cut, about 34mm of stem inside the stem clamp in order to be able to use their flush mount cap. So it may be actually perfect for your situation.
Sounds very promising ..... will definitely look into it, Cheers Calnago!

It’s the clock change soon for us, so summer bike ready for hibernation state. Should give me plenty of time to work this one out!

Thanks again :-)