Parlee Altum R eTap / R9150 Di2 / Record EPS / Super Record mechanical

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

corky

by corky

If you stick with the matches matches stem you need to rethink the interface location/fixing mechanism.

I vote bring back the MCFK stem and purple tape, maybe give pink a whirl?

I love my EPS, especially with new hoods.....

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

I'm not fast enough to rock pink :lol:

At the moment the Mcfk will go back on - I like the colour match, but with the tall top cap there's too much grey going on and it accentuates the front end height.

I'm chasing some carbon bars too, so I need to decide if I want to go matchy matchy on the whole cockpit or stick with the Mcfk post & stem and get bars from another brand as the Mcfk bars don't work for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rekhyt

by rekhyt

+1 for the Mcfk. The painted stem by itself looks ok, but doesn't go well with the seatpost.

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Just do the pink, something like Bontrager's Vice Pink

Also another vote for the MCFK back on.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

So, as last pictured, the weight with the Record EPS crept up to 6.94kg. However...
RichTheRoadie wrote:I'm chasing some carbon bars too, so I need to decide if I want to go matchy matchy on the whole cockpit or stick with the Mcfk post & stem and get bars from another brand as the Mcfk bars don't work for me.

...I picked up some Deda Superleggera bars. They're on the flexy side, but they're fine for me given that I don't race and rarely sprint. Changing those dropped the weight to 6.82kg.

I can't believe there was 120g difference in the bars alone despite the switch from alu to carbon, but that's what the scales are saying - although the Mcfk stem went back on too, so it might be that the 6.94kg was with the colour-matched stem. I can't remember which stem was on the bike when I weighed it before the bar switch.

New bars = new bar tape too:

bencolem

by bencolem

I used to have the same bars. Found them way too flexy on the drops. Now use Easton's E100's and they're brilliant, lighter than the superleggero's but way stiffer and with a nice bend. I also use to have the same bartape!

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Looks like you like different looking tapes. Another +1 for Mcfk stem, just becouse it match with the seat post.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Latest pic - currently wearing a set of DT Swiss PR1400 OXiC wheels with Grand Bois Blue Cerf 26c clinchers:

Not yet weighed in this configuration, but the wheels weigh circa 1500g so I'm guessing it'll be something like 7.1kg.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

So, re-weighed with the HEDs and Mcfk stem, it comes in at 6.75kg.

Dropped these on it last night which took the weight down to 6.6kg:

Having trouble getting the rear setup right, but they're beautiful in the flesh!

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Tried the Fetha Components Garmin mount for the 3T Arx II stem to see how well it tidied up the cockpit. In doing so I discovered the 3T stem allows me to switch to the lower Parlee top cap with a 5mm spacer for the same bar height:

I'm going to struggle to switch back to the Mcfk now that I know this! The bar area is now significantly tidier too, which is also hard to ignore.

It's back on an alu bar for now, so the weight is up to 6.86kg like this. I'll update the bar again when I instigate the next update - a switch to SR11 mechanical - so that should drop some weight off.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

SR mechanical switch complete:

Currently still on the Record cranks and brakes from the EPS setup, but I have the Rotor 3D+ cranks I was running previously and a set of EE Brakes going on - hopefully this week.

KCookie

by KCookie

I take it you didn't get on with the new Fibular brakes, like others on this forum. I'm glad I stuck with the older version and didn't splash out on the new, they seem a right PITA to set up. I'm still constantly checking mine, especially if I change wheels, even on rides as one pad always seems to get to close to the rim. EEs are the way to go. Not much of a weight penalty either.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

KCookie wrote:I take it you didn't get on with the new Fibular brakes, like others on this forum.

I sent a note to the CEO of 3T (who own THM) to say I considered them to be unsafe. Luckily mine were only a review set, so they didn’t cost me anything and I don’t need to worry about whether or not I’ll get a refund when I return them.

KCookie wrote:EEs are the way to go. Not much of a weight penalty either.

Indeed. I wanted something different, but they’re popular for good reason; and they suit the way I want the bike to be built.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

RichTheRoadie wrote:Currently still on the Record cranks and brakes from the EPS setup, but I have the Rotor 3D+ cranks I was running previously and a set of EE Brakes going on - hopefully this week.

Rotor 3D+ cranks and Kogel BB now back on - weight is 6.74kg.

EEs being picked up tomorrow and should be on before the day is out.