2001 Klein Quantum Race

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

KNB999

by KNB999

Hello everyone, name's Bernard. So this is a 2001 Klein Quantum Race I picked up from a friend for only $200 with Shimano Ultegra 6500 (9-Speed). Currently I am overhauling the components for mostly Bontrager parts and a SRAM Force groupset (Sorry this is kind of a budget build!). Parts are ordered, now it's just the waiting game. I will post weight pictures as time goes on...

This is how she started minus the bar tape:

How she looks currently. I might throw on a lightweight Whisky fork I have from an old build:

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

You'll be (and many people on the forum will be) disappointed if you change the fork from the original. Keep the paint scheme, it seems the paint is in good condition. That is one of the key facets in having a Klein anyway.
Lighten the build up outside of the frame and fork - but keep the frameset original.

Take some pics outside on a sunny day when you have a chance so we can really see the frameset better.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

crimsonbadger

by crimsonbadger

You removed the internally routed cables without threading some liners as placeholders? :shock:

Live and learn. It'll take a bit of finagling to get the new cables routed without a guide.

Nice bike.

KNB999

by KNB999

crimsonbadger wrote:You removed the internally routed cables without threading some liners as placeholders? :shock:

Live and learn. It'll take a bit of finagling to get the new cables routed without a guide.

Nice bike.

No worries, I kept the nylon sleeve in there.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

So cool... every time I see one of these in the wild, I'm jealous of the owner. They are so cool.

KNB999

by KNB999

Here are some updates:

So pretty much i've swapped the groupset from the original Shimano Ultegra 6500 9-Speed to an older SRAM Force groupset I bought from a friend. Nothing was tweaked and the components were weighed for picture purposes (Of course!). As for components, I decided to go with Bontrager and a few little trinkets from Fairwheel Bikes. The purpose of this bike is for everyday use, fast rides and commuting.

But anyways, here is the final product:

livestrong1986

by livestrong1986

Good looking bike , i like it !

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Is it me or does the frame look to big for the rider with the ammount of seatpost exposed.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Frameset is lovely. The kit to me is abit take it or leave it but the frame set uhmmmm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com