2017 Specialized Allez Sprint LTD II (Now Red Hook Crit)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Kesselflicker

by Kesselflicker

Nefarious86 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:52 pm
187cm tall 58cm frame 120mm stem 40cm bars 175mm cranks and 785mm saddle height. Image

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Hi,

can you tell me the bar height ?

I am 183 cm tall with a inseam about 90 cm, i think the 56 frame ist to small for me :roll: :noidea:
I ride a saddleheigh about 80 cm (centre bottom bracket to the saddle top) :noidea:

thank you

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

I have a saddle height of approx 780mm. Unsure of the bar height there as I'm now on a -17° 120mm stem, Will measure it tonight.

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kesselflicker

by Kesselflicker

Please measure from the floor to the bar top.
You changed the framesetcolor :shock: Same framesize ?

Thank you for your help :thumbup:

Jclarke89

by Jclarke89

Nefarious86 wrote:I have a saddle height of approx 780mm. Unsure of the bar height there as I'm now on a -17° 120mm stem, Will measure it tonight.

Love the colour.

Mine from today.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

ImageImage

Using Tapatalk

Attermann

by Attermann

Nefarious86 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:18 pm
ImageImage

Gotta ride that with matching nails!

Jclarke89

by Jclarke89

Nefarious86 wrote:ImageImage

Kesselflicker

by Kesselflicker

Hi Guys,
I am currently building my Allez Sprint frameset. I've come to the conclusion that there is a big gap between top headsetbearing and the topcap. In addition, the upper bearing is not flush pressed into the frame. a seal between topcap and upper bearing shell was not available. for the forkcrown also missing the disc which is between forkcrown and lower bearing.

should it be like that in the picture?
How can I get rid of the gap?

I think the fork centering ring is the problem because this can not be pushed far enough into the camp, in the photo you can see something above.

thank you for the help :thumbup:
allezsprint.jpeg

fitty4

by fitty4

Kesselflicker wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:47 am
Hi Guys,
I am currently building my Allez Sprint frameset. I've come to the conclusion that there is a big gap between top headsetbearing and the topcap. In addition, the upper bearing is not flush pressed into the frame. a seal between topcap and upper bearing shell was not available. for the forkcrown also missing the disc which is between forkcrown and lower bearing.

should it be like that in the picture?
How can I get rid of the gap?

I think the fork centering ring is the problem because this can not be pushed far enough into the camp, in the photo you can see something above.

thank you for the help :thumbup:

allezsprint.jpeg
I also think it could be the c-ring, you could take it off and bring to the bike shop and tell them about the issue and ask if they have some spare c-rings

themidge

by themidge

Some bearing covers come with little spacer rings to solve the opposite problem to yours (bearing cover is too domed which means compression of the headset doesn't work), so it could be that there are too many of them :noidea:.
Taking apart the whole assembly and starting again might show up the problem too.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@Kesselflickr: It looks to me like the compression ring isn't seated in the bearing properly. There is still quite a big gap in the "split" of the compression ring, indicating maybe it could be pushed down further. Take the stem off, and take a couple of flat head screwdrivers and see if you can't get the compression ring to seat further in by pushing down on the sides around the steertube, taking care not to gouge the steertube in the process.
The slight protrusion of the bearing beyond the top of the headtube is fairly normal, and some top covers have little seals to cover that, so long as you can get the top cover to seat properly, which it clearly isn't in the picture. Doesn't hurt to put a good layer of marine grease on the outer top surface of the bearing and around th edges to provide a water barrier if the top cover doesn't do a very good job on its own.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Kesselflicker

by Kesselflicker

Hello guys, Thanks for your help. I also think that a part is missing. With ebay classifieds (https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 478-217-85) you can one spacer see, the spacer is installed between Bearing and Topcap. Unfortunately, Specialized Germany is not ready to help me. They told me to contact a dealer. Does anyone of you have a part number for the spacer ring? I would like to avoid squeezing the bearing. I also believe that the centering ring still further into it. I once ordered a cheap "Pro" Upper Bearing IS 41 / 28.6 in the hope that it fits better.

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

There is a plastic ring that goes on the frame under the upper headset bearing cover that should come with the frame that closes that gap you are seeing. I have seen some people mistake the plastic piece for some sort of crown race and they install it on the bottom between the fork and lower headset bearings.

Ritsuke

by Ritsuke

Yup, that small plastic ring should do the trick. At first it seems as if it doesn't fit but with a little help you should get over there nice and snugg.
Road // 2023 S-Works Tarmac SL8 | Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 | Roval Rapide CLX
Gravel // 2023 Specialized Crux Pro | SRAM Force AXS | Roval Terra CL
Retired // 2022 S-Works Shiv TT // 2021 S-Works Tarmac SL7 // 2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Red Hook

rpowell

by rpowell

I just saw on Instagram that Specialized is releasing the 2018 Redhook bike. I called my local specialized dealer and they are not able to order it yet. I'm guessing someone here knows when we can actually place the order. I'm hoping it comes with the painted wheels to match although that will probably double the price. I missed last year and fingers crossed I get it this year.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com