2017 Specialized Allez Sprint LTD II (Now Red Hook Crit)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Norregard

by Norregard

YungLegs wrote: This might hurt going up Koppenberg, but who sits down going up there anyway.

I do :D at 69kg I need all the weight on the back wheel I can get!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

The frame arrives today but I won't be able to pick it up until tomorrow. Even worse news is that I won't be able to build it until I get back from vacation at the end of next week.

evan326

by evan326

Delayed building your bike by vacation? Are you really complaining?

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

Actually the vacation is delaying the building of 2 bikes. This and a CAAD 9 I've been working on in secret. Only half serious about the complaint because it would have been nice to have gotten the frame earlier so I could have built it up to take it with me. Ohh well I will be nice and relaxed when I get back so I can enjoy the builds.

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

Sorry for the crappy pic, but even good pictures of this frame do it justice. This thing is wild in person.

One of only a few changes from the blue build. Kogel Ceramic bottom bracket. The other being the bar tape. I am currently on holiday so won't be able to work on it for another week. It should be done by next Sunday though.

KWalker

by KWalker

cinelli caleido tape in black 1000000%
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

Way ahead of you KWalker. The colors match perfectly so I got a fresh roll ready to go on. Was thinking about asking Jure Berk if he could do a custom covered Lupina saddle with perforations with the various colors underneath. Would be a nice subtle touch to match the tape.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Busyman custom saddle?
Using Tapatalk

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

Busyman could be an option if Berk doesent think he could do what I'm looking for. But then I'm looking at probably $400+ pretty easily after I buy another saddle from Jure and then have it covered by Busyman. That would look dope though.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Its only money ;)
Using Tapatalk

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

Ritsuke wrote:Can I hi-jack this beautiful topic for a moment? I'm also building up an Allez Sprint Sagan Edition but can't mount my FSA Powerbox. It has a BB386EVO BB but I don't know how to convert it for my Allez Sprint. Which BB do I have to buy? Thanks!

Sagan edition has 6806 bearings in a Specialized OSBB shell, which is BB30 by any other name. Currently using this to do the same job on my CAAD10, no reason it wouldn't work in your case.

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

Nefarious86 wrote:Its only money ;)

Haha if I lived by that mantra I would be divorced but I would have a sweet bike collection.

Ritsuke

by Ritsuke

MisterMuncher wrote:
Ritsuke wrote:Can I hi-jack this beautiful topic for a moment? I'm also building up an Allez Sprint Sagan Edition but can't mount my FSA Powerbox. It has a BB386EVO BB but I don't know how to convert it for my Allez Sprint. Which BB do I have to buy? Thanks!

Sagan edition has 6806 bearings in a Specialized OSBB shell, which is BB30 by any other name. Currently using this to do the same job on my CAAD10, no reason it wouldn't work in your case.

Awesome, almost missed your reply. The adapter you're linking to doesn't work for me as I have it here. Apparently because the width of the BB on the Sagan Ed is 61mm instead of 68mm. I fixed it with a BB30 to BB386EVO from Cema Bearings.
Road // 2023 S-Works Tarmac SL8 | Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 | Roval Rapide CLX
Gravel // 2023 Specialized Crux Pro | SRAM Force AXS | Roval Terra CL
Retired // 2022 S-Works Shiv TT // 2021 S-Works Tarmac SL7 // 2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Red Hook

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

The joy of standards, wha?

Ritsuke

by Ritsuke

MisterMuncher wrote:The joy of standards, wha?

:lol:

It's just a plain drama.
Road // 2023 S-Works Tarmac SL8 | Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 | Roval Rapide CLX
Gravel // 2023 Specialized Crux Pro | SRAM Force AXS | Roval Terra CL
Retired // 2022 S-Works Shiv TT // 2021 S-Works Tarmac SL7 // 2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Red Hook

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com