2017 Specialized Allez Sprint LTD II (Now Red Hook Crit)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

This is my new build, which is still on going as I wait for a few key parts. If you do not see a weight it is because I have not weighed it yet, but I do intend too. I am just waiting for the handlebar and saddle from Berk and the new NG power meter from Power2Max. This build will have some weight weenie touches but no tuning and nothing too exotic as this will be my new daily training bike to replace my old Trek Madone. The only thing I would change if I could would be to run EE cycle works brakes, but the dropped rear stays look like they do not provide the clearance for the way the cable routes. With out further ado I present my latest build. Let me know if you have any questions or if you want more pictures. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics.

Frame: 2017 Specialized Allez DSW SL Sprint Frameset Limited Edition II
Weight: 1360g (which includes headset bearings, seatpost clamp, rear derailuer hanger, plastic
cable fishing liners.)
Fork: S-Works Tarmac. 380g uncut. 339g cut.
Wheelset: 2016 Roval CLX 40 clinchers. 1360g with veloplugs
Tires: Specialized Turbo Cottons 24. 220g x2
Tubes: Vittoria Latex. 75g x2
Crank: 2017 Specialized S-Works crank arms. 366g (includes spacers)
Power meter: Power2Max NG 110bcd: 149g.
Stock S-Works carbon spider with chainrings: 226g
Crank Rings: Praxis 52-36
BB30 Bearings: Stock Enduro. 53g
Seatpost: Specialized S-Works Venge. 194g (including alloy rail clamp and uncut).
Saddle: Berk Lupina Padded. 88g
Handlebar/Stem: Berk SRP Integrated Handlebar. 214g
Shifters: Dura Ace 9001. 379g
Front Derailuer: Dura Ace 9000. 67g
Rear Derailuer: Dura Ace 9000. 160g
Brakes: Dura Ace 9000. 314g (with black prince brake pads installed).
Chain: Dura Ace 9000. 254g (uncut)
Cassette: Dura Ace 9000 11-25. 176g
Pedals: Dura Ace 9000. 250g
Cables: Dura Ace.
Skewers: Tune DC 14. 34g
Bottle Cages: Arundel Mandibles. 28g x2
Bar Tape: Cinelli Caleido. 73g (uncut)
Top Cap: Specialized Wagon Wheel. 8g (including stock bolt and washer)
Expander Plug: Specialized. 27g
Computer Mount: k-edge splayd garmin mount. 47g
Chain Catcher: K-edge. 10g

So this is the weight with the Power2Max type S. The type S does not fit the redesigned arms, they are too wide and hit the battery compartment. I got the prologue deal so I have the NG model coming and based on pictures it looks like it has more clearance for the extra width of the new arms.

Stock carbon spider.

It's hard to tell in pictures but the clear coat has a rainbow tint aspect to it so I wanted to match that somehow and the closest I could find was the Cinelli caleido tape. Eventually I might spring for some custom Busyman tape to match a little bit better.

Last edited by SpecializedColnago on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:14 pm, edited 12 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mannequinforce

by mannequinforce

Can't wait to see this finished. Love the mint/celeste and turbo cottons! How long until your parts come in?

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

*double click/like*

DaReef

by DaReef

Really good looking color. I think the bar tape is a nice touch. I finally got a chance to take mine out for a proper ride. You're going to be very pleased with your new "training" bike!

Of course we want more pics!

sun

by sun

That's going to be a super nice training bike.

Darceking

by Darceking

subscribed

lovemyway

by lovemyway

I'd really like to be able to buy one of these limited edition framesets in Europe...

kgt

by kgt

1360gr at such a small size!? I though it was much ligher, maybe closer to the weight of a caad frame.

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

kgt wrote:1360gr at such a small size!? I though it was much ligher, maybe closer to the weight of a caad frame.

When I weighed this one it still had the headset bearing, seatpost clamp, rear Derailuer hanger, heavy bottle cage bolts, and the plastic cable fishing liners.... So bare this perticular frame is probably in the 1200g range. The paint also looks very thick on this color way, so that is probably adding a good 100 or so grams. A lot of the other finishes are anodized and those appear to be in the 1100g range even for bigger sizes, so the CAADs are still slightly lighter than these frames. I had thought about just getting a CAAD 12 but the seat tube length in the smaller sizes when they first released were very long so aesthetically it would have not looked very good with my short legs. I am however building a NOS CAAD 9 as my crit bike sometime in the spring.

mannequinforce wrote:Can't wait to see this finished. Love the mint/celeste and turbo cottons! How long until your parts come in?

The NG power meter from Power2Max should be here mid-January or a little after, at least that is what they said in an email. Berk contacted me yesterday and said my handlebar and saddle are already on their way so I think last time I ordered something from him it took about 2 to 3 weeks for it to get to Virginia in the US. So with any luck hopefully it will be fully built by the end of January right as the weather starts to really suck here haha.

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

Here are a few more Pictures.

I was actually surprised at the weight of the seat post, a little lighter than I expected.

The top cap was white so I stripped it and painted it to match.

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

lovemyway wrote:I'd really like to be able to buy one of these limited edition framesets in Europe...

It was hard enough just getting this one in the States. This color was my second choice of all of the limited edition colors and I still had to bug the local bike shop everyday to check to see if they were available yet to preorder as they are supposedly very limited release.

evan326

by evan326

Subscribed
Hi fellow Virginian!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

evan326 wrote:Subscribed
Hi fellow Virginian!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Newport News area here, so if you are in RVA we aren't to far away.

CrankAddictsRich wrote:Beautiful bike... Can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks. You've got a pretty sexy Allez yourself.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

SpecializedColnago wrote:
CrankAddictsRich wrote:Beautiful bike... Can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks. You've got a pretty sexy Allez yourself.

Thanks... I've got some big changes coming for mine, just getting all of the parts organized and accounted for.