2017 Cannondale Evo eTap

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

byron505

by byron505

Dan Gerous wrote:
byron505 wrote:the nokon cable additions are smart. im blowing through housing at the moment and happen to have a bit of nokon lying around. just saw your pic above. hell yeah for saving me $80 on a jagwire housing set

looks like the above is all you did to drop that much weight??

I had some Nokon parts left over, I used the same trick at the headtube on my old Evo. That rear cable routing is light and clean, but can be tight depending of your frame size and stem/bar measures. My old one was a size bigger and had Dura-Ace brakes, the rear was tighter with the 54 and the EE brakes so, Nokon to the rescue!

i was looking over my set up and parts yesterday - what are you using to transition from brake housing to the nokon link housing?
FS 2018 | Cannondale Evo2 eTap with 90's Cannondale Track paint | 60cm | ??kg
2017 | Cannondale Evo2 eTap | 60cm | 6.7kg
Instagram: @byron505

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

byron505 wrote:i was looking over my set up and parts yesterday - what are you using to transition from brake housing to the nokon link housing?

This: Housing Connectors | Jagwire.

byron505

by byron505

Dan Gerous wrote:
byron505 wrote:i was looking over my set up and parts yesterday - what are you using to transition from brake housing to the nokon link housing?

This: Housing Connectors | Jagwire.

last q - did you paint yours black? can only find silver everywhere!
FS 2018 | Cannondale Evo2 eTap with 90's Cannondale Track paint | 60cm | ??kg
2017 | Cannondale Evo2 eTap | 60cm | 6.7kg
Instagram: @byron505

jeffy

by jeffy

lovely bike. what changes did you make to drop the weight? especially considering it is 1lb+

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

byron505 wrote:last q - did you paint yours black? can only find silver everywhere!
Yes, I had paint markers around.

jeffy wrote:lovely bike. what changes did you make to drop the weight? especially considering it is 1lb+

I changed the saddle from a metal railed Arione to the Antares 00, SRAM Red brakes to EE brakes, SRAM 1170 cassette and chain to a Red 1190 cassette and KMC XSL11 chain, the stock tubes were heavy and the stock skewers were veeeerrryyy heavy.... the tires were only marginally lighter and finally, chopping the steerer and the seatpost with an alloy Di2 battery holder.

Since then, I took off the stock stem mounted Garmin mount and replaced it with a Barfly 2.0, didn't check the weight difference but it's close but the Garmin had a little bit of play on the stock mount so rattled and no matter how tight the pivot bolt was, it was always eventually dropping from road vibration. Plus with the Barfly, the computer is lower, more in line with the bar/stem less sticking above it.

lobular

by lobular

Very nice.....can I ask saddle height?

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

lobular wrote:Very nice.....can I ask saddle height?

745mm from center of BB to top of saddle.

levetthwm

by levetthwm

Mint bike, just out of curiosity, how much do you think the bars weigh in at? Cheers.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

levetthwm wrote:Mint bike, just out of curiosity, how much do you think the bars weigh in at? Cheers.

Not mine but, this is a 44cm:
Attachments
195902_6.jpg

m66

by m66

My 40cm is 178g

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Did this frame still come with the bolt on cable mounts and the internal routing for the rear derailleur or is it etap specific?

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

dereksmalls wrote:Did this frame still come with the bolt on cable mounts and the internal routing for the rear derailleur or is it etap specific?

It came with all the bits required to convert it to mechanical.

backside10

by backside10

I have the same bike but mine came with a 25mm cone spacer. Did you have to request the 15mm cone spacer or did you buy it separately? I can't find it for sale anywhere, maybe I need to have my shop call his rep.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

backside10 wrote:I have the same bike but mine came with a 25mm cone spacer. Did you have to request the 15mm cone spacer or did you buy it separately? I can't find it for sale anywhere, maybe I need to have my shop call his rep.

Mine also came with the 25mm, the 15mm came with my previous Evo Black Inc.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KB

by KB

Congrats on a lovely bike. Made my ears prick up when you mentined the colour. Obviously pics of the ETAP do not do it justice, at least on the sites i've looked on.