2017 Cannondale Evo eTap

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

rekhyt wrote:Damn that looks smooth. Can you get rid of the stem decals with some acetone?

Done! Much nicer blacked out. I left a gloss black 'Cannondale' that's on the top, looks like it was designed like that. :thumbup:

Vallinotti wrote:How wide are them?

17mm inside, 24mm outside.

mortirolo

by mortirolo

Nice, clean look.

How tall are You? Inseam?
I type the mesures of Evo to bb2stem Stack & Reach Calculator and almost same (stack -4mm, reach +1mm) as my Ax lightness.
Marco Pantani - Momenti Di Gloria
AX Vial (SR11) <- FELT FC (Record 10) <- LOOK KX (Dura-Ace) <- Specialized EPIC (Superbe Pro)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

mortirolo wrote:Nice, clean look.

How tall are You? Inseam?
I type the mesures of Evo to bb2stem Stack & Reach Calculator and almost same (stack -4mm, reach +1mm) as my Ax lightness.

I'm 177cm / 83cm ... if my memory doesn't trick me.

quadlt250

by quadlt250

Awesome build!!
just one small nitpick, why didn't you line up the tire logos with the valve stem?

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

quadlt250 wrote:Awesome build!!
just one small nitpick, why didn't you line up the tire logos with the valve stem?

I'm surprised it took that many replies for someone to ask that! :D

I decided to align the valves with the tire wear indicators instead. I always put the valves at 12 o'clock when putting air in so I'll be able to check wear regularly. I like to swap tires front to back before the rear gets too worn out... but I often only think to do it once the rear has started to become square from wear... It made sense when I installed them since Continentals have those indicators... not critical I know. It would look a bit better aligned with the logos though...

greenedgefan

by greenedgefan

Is the downtube bidon cage really low or is it just me?

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

greenedgefan wrote:Is the downtube bidon cage really low or is it just me?

They are low, apparently for aerodynamics, but I also think having the weight of full bottles lower is a good thing, my cages have two sets of mounting holes so I mounted them extra low.

westwood

by westwood

Hi Dan,
very nice bike congratulations on your choice.
If you had the SISL2 cranks .... :)
Can you please post where you bought the 15 mm cone.
I have 25 mm and it is too much and it's too ugly.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

westwood wrote:Hi Dan,
very nice bike congratulations on your choice.
If you had the SISL2 cranks .... :)
Can you please post where you bought the 15 mm cone.
I have 25 mm and it is too much and it's too ugly.

Thanks. :thumbup:

I thought about swapping the cranks for a SISL2 but for now I'll go as is. I may go back and forth in the Pyrénées this summer so I might appreciate the quick and easy swap to 50/34 rings of a more traditional bolted rings setup. I also heard a few stories about eTap not working as well with SpideRings so I'm also waiting to get more info about that.

As for the 15mm cone, I actually have two of them (not selling any as they are both in use, sorry). One came stock on my previous Evo, it was a 2013 Black Inc (Black Inc Evos all come with 15mm cones) but it was a 56, slightly too big so even 15mm was too much. I sold the bike this summer to get a 54 but I kept the cone. I also built a SuperX from scratch a few seasons back and when I got a complete Evo headset, I was surprised to see it came with a 15mm cone. I've seen some pop on ebay every now and then but I don't know if they can be ordered alone from Cannondale dealers...

JeffChen

by JeffChen

Beautiful!

vneilv

by vneilv

Weight out of the box is great, my Black Inc with etap weighs about 5.9 and thats with a bunch of ww parts too.

racingmike

by racingmike

Wow!

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

byron505

by byron505

Dan Gerous wrote:Cassette: SRAM Red 22 XG-1190 • 11-28
Chain: KMC X11SL
Skewers: KCNC Ti
Tires: Continental Grand Prix 4000 S II • 700x25
Tubes: Continental Race 28 Light • 60mm valves
Pedals: Speedplay Zero Ti
Brakes: Cane Creek made EE Brakes
Brake pads: SwissStop Black Prince
Brake cables: stock SRAM but with Nokon rear loop and a few links where it enters the headtube
Saddle: Fizik Antares 00
Seatpost: Cannondale SAVE • 350mm long stock but I cut around 90mm off including the metal Di2 battery holder
Bottle cages: Arundel Mandible

the nokon cable additions are smart. im blowing through housing at the moment and happen to have a bit of nokon lying around. just saw your pic above. hell yeah for saving me $80 on a jagwire housing set

looks like the above is all you did to drop that much weight??
FS 2018 | Cannondale Evo2 eTap with 90's Cannondale Track paint | 60cm | ??kg
2017 | Cannondale Evo2 eTap | 60cm | 6.7kg
Instagram: @byron505

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

byron505 wrote:the nokon cable additions are smart. im blowing through housing at the moment and happen to have a bit of nokon lying around. just saw your pic above. hell yeah for saving me $80 on a jagwire housing set

looks like the above is all you did to drop that much weight??

I had some Nokon parts left over, I used the same trick at the headtube on my old Evo. That rear cable routing is light and clean, but can be tight depending of your frame size and stem/bar measures. My old one was a size bigger and had Dura-Ace brakes, the rear was tighter with the 54 and the EE brakes so, Nokon to the rescue!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com