Colnago C60 MHWH

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Get it to them asap. Maybe... just maybe... they'll have a look and if it is some sort of manufacturing defect then just give you a new frame. Worth a shot but get it to them quickly and hopefully get a resolution before everything shuts down in August. Fingers crossed for you.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Look565w

by Look565w

Sleepless wrote:Alright, they are asking the frame back. No certain word for a repair or exchange yet but they did not refused honoring the warranty straight away, so I think that's something. :)

Best of luck & hope you get this resolve ASAP! :thumbup:

Dunhoy

by Dunhoy

I hope sincerely you get this sorted: this tale of woe has just about convinced me that I am better off sinking my money into a new steel Master rather than the C60 I have been lusting after; I will live with the weight penalty for peace of mind. I am surprised that the dealer has not sorted this out; given the minimal mileage covered on the bike a reputable dealer would have replaced the frame immediately and then taken up the issue with the manufacturer.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

If you've been lusting after a new C60, then don't let this thread deter you. The C60 is one of the strongest frames out there. Stuff happens. Not sure what happened here, but it's the first I've seen that there is really no good explanation for.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Sleepless

by Sleepless

Thanks for good wishes. I'm sending it back on Monday.

Dunhoy, I agree with Calnago. Shit happens. Don't let this one change your mind. Re-replacement, it will take 4-5 weeks even if my dealer swaps it and deals with factory afterwards as these bikes are not usually immediately available. I've waited almost 4 months for this one. I have another bike to ride and even the dealer offered a temporary bike on his first email reply when I sent the pics and told the issue.

At this point I'm happy that they didn't reject straight away. It will take some time but I can wait as long as it's happy ending. :)

Sleepless

by Sleepless

I just got news from the distributor that Colnago is honoring the warranty. There's no delivery time frame though. I'll explore other colors to see if it can be delivered faster.

Sleepless

by Sleepless

I'm still waiting for it. There's no clear answer from Colnago. I don't know how and when they are going to honor the warranty. Dealer doesn't know too. No news from the distributor. I even tried contacting Colnago on Facebook and I'm still empty handed.

I can't imagine myself running a business and leaving the customer with no answer. But I guess you can get away with it when you have "history" behind your brand.

disturb

by disturb

nice!
is this easy to build up?

corky

by corky

Sleepless wrote:I'm still waiting for it. There's no clear answer from Colnago. I don't know how and when they are going to honor the warranty. Dealer doesn't know too. No news from the distributor. I even tried contacting Colnago on Facebook and I'm still empty handed.

I can't imagine myself running a business and leaving the customer with no answer. But I guess you can get away with it when you have "history" behind your brand.

Dealer should be sorting this out, this is why you go to a dealer.......otherwise they are just a box shifter.

Sleepless

by Sleepless

So, end of the story. The frame is still in paint. I can't believe it takes 2 months to paint a frame. Dealer couldn't find any other frames in my size in any color he so agreed to make a full refund. Kudos to Andrea Bellati for doing that. He was very helpful during the whole process unlike Colnago.

I don't think I'll ever get close to a Colnago frame. I know shit can happen with any manufacturer but the way they handle the issue is a shame. They may be a big name with small business but leaving customers in dark without a single response is not something I can relate to.

flying

by flying

whoops old thread sorry
:noidea: