Hongfu FM079

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

I've installed a few of those tubolitos for customers. The valve tube (that the core screws into) is plastic, and deforms easily. They start leaking after a few rides usually. Teflon tape helps, but it's kind of the nature of the product.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

poynt

by poynt

I had one that the thread rounded out and I couldn't keep the valve tight. Tubolito sent me a replacement and on the faulty one I epoxied in the vave stem and all is fine now.

by Weenie

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Tubolito contacted me and sent a pair of replacement tubes, great service 👍 Berk has sent a warranty Lupina too, this time in 3K (because lighter) and oval rails, so kudos to Jure and his team 🍻

Meanwhile, I put the new J&L hollow Ti rotor bolts and weighed my 140mm KCNC Razor, which turned out 3g lighter than in spreadsheet - a freebie! And a heavy butyl tube I run in front as spare.
Attachments
KCNC Razor 140mm weight
KCNC Razor 140mm weight
J&L hollow Ti rotor bolts
J&L hollow Ti rotor bolts
J&L Ti rotor bolts
J&L Ti rotor bolts
Mitas Butyl road tube, 60mm
Mitas Butyl road tube, 60mm

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

The replacement oval rails Lupina is ~3g heavier than Saevid Alien.

BmanX

by BmanX

This is a great build and some good ideas for my 1x build.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

Cervelo SLC 5960g/13.13 lbs

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Yesterday, I finally got to unpack my bikes after moving to a new city. Inspired by @Godzuki, I replaced the bolt in Darimo Sub4 with hollow J&L Ti bolt, which saved ~0.7g. Anyone knows where to source hollow Ti bolts compatible with T1 clamps? These should have a rounded yoke contact point, not flat.
Attachments
Berk Lupina 132mm 3k matte oval rails
Berk Lupina 132mm 3k matte oval rails
Darimo Sub4 stock Ti bolt
Darimo Sub4 stock Ti bolt
Darimo Sub4 tuned with J&L hollow Ti bolt
Darimo Sub4 tuned with J&L hollow Ti bolt

joejack951

by joejack951

That Berk saddle is beautiful! I need to try one. Do you know if he paints his parts? It would need to be white for my bike.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

joejack951 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:49 pm
That Berk saddle is beautiful! I need to try one. Do you know if he paints his parts? It would need to be white for my bike.
You can order a white leather saddle, like some WW members, but I have no idea about painted carbon shell, I'd ask Berk about that.

joejack951

by joejack951

I will see what he says. Thanks.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Tubolito has warranted both of my failed S-Tubo Road, the new tubes are ~1g lighter and did not lose pressure overnight like last time.
Attachments
Tubolito S-Tubo Road weight #3
Tubolito S-Tubo Road weight #3
Tubolito S-Tubo Road weight #4
Tubolito S-Tubo Road weight #4

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

This Saturday I decided to put a fresh ARO-09 rotor on just in case to see if it would rub less, I think something in my setup causes rotor rub, a lazy piston or non-faced mounts. Anyway, I went for a ride next day and on the way back something pinged and flew from under the front wheel. "Probably a pebble", I thought. At the next "downhill" - it's pretty flat in SpB, so after a while - I noticed that left lever goes all the way to the bar! The rear brake was barely enough to stop in time before I hit the traffic. I forgot to tighten the pads pin during adjustments and lost both pads and pin. Now I have to grind down another set of Cooma EX pads down and order another set of TP pins. What streak of bad luck, I already had three parts warranted this year. I need to make a checklist for after the service.

On the subject, anyone knows where to find M5 pad pins in aluminium? All I can find is Shimano M4.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

If anyone's interested, here's how -12deg 110mm Hyperstem compares to -12deg 110mm IX2. The Hyperstem was traced from this document, then extended 1cm, all measurements match chart from here. To match bar position, IX2 should be ~5mm lower. In this configuration, IX2 will be ~3mm taller than Hyperstem, so probably no need for a top spacer.
Attachments
Darimo IX2 geometry
Darimo IX2 geometry
hyperstem vs ix2.png

cheapvega

by cheapvega

Epic build sir.