Third Time's a Charm: Litespeed T3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Post Reply
Denavelo
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:01 pm

by Denavelo

Goes to show that hub choice is key with wheel purchasing. I've gotten nothing but the best rolling feel from Alchemy, Tune and White Industries hubs. They roll like nothing else out there. I'm currently on a set of Tune hubs with Ceramicspeed bearing upgrades, and these babies fly!

That was my only gripe with the CCU wheels and Bora wheels. They simply felt slow and it wasn't my butt dyno measuring the feel. Like you actually had to pedal in sections my other wheels simply rolled with ease, especially my wheels with Tune hubs.

I'm curious about those Wheel MFG hubs which are essentially the Alchemy Elf/Orc hubs, which I should have never sold.
Speedvagen Road Machine "2011 Surprise me | Cannondale SuperSix Evo | Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Firefly Ti #419 | Kogswell 650b Rando | Crema Cycles "Duo"

by Weenie


stax
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 3:35 am

by stax

@RyanH, yes I am on the textured track and the first set of black prince lasted me 7 weeks or so- probably around 1000km in that time in a fairly hilly area of Melbourne, Aus. I found with the Enve pads I pulled harder on the brake- DA 9100- and got no more braking power. That changed completely with the black prince. It really is night and day. I left Enve pads on the rear as I rarely use it but can tell the Enve pads don’t wear at anything like the Swissstop or Tangente on my Zipps.

User avatar
Gearjunkie
Posts: 793
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:17 am
Location: NZ

by Gearjunkie

Interesting to hear your comparison of pads.

Have you tried the Reynolds power pads with those wheels (Ryan or Stax)?

stax
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 3:35 am

by stax

I haven’t tried Reynolds- would you recommend them?

KarlC
Posts: 724
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:08 am
Location: San Diego Ca USA

by KarlC

stax wrote:I haven’t tried Reynolds- would you recommend them?


Yes as long as it the NEWER Reynolds power pads and not just the old Reynolds blue pads

Denavelo
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:01 pm

by Denavelo

What if we're all being fooled and these pads are all made in the same place, but different buckets of dye?
Speedvagen Road Machine "2011 Surprise me | Cannondale SuperSix Evo | Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Firefly Ti #419 | Kogswell 650b Rando | Crema Cycles "Duo"

glepore
Posts: 1137
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:42 pm
Location: Pa USA

by glepore

Denavelo wrote:What if we're all being fooled and these pads are all made in the same place, but different buckets of dye?

LOL

WRT the Reynolds pads, I've used both the normal blue and the power on the same wheels, and while there is some difference, it's not enough to justify the premium for the Power's imho.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Cannondale SS Evo Di2 7970 (5.79); Willier Cento Uno Air Di2 9070 (7.0); C40 Mk2 DA 7800 ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

KarlC
Posts: 724
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:08 am
Location: San Diego Ca USA

by KarlC

glepore wrote: LOL

WRT the Reynolds pads, I've used both the normal blue and the power on the same wheels, and while there is some difference, it's not enough to justify the premium for the Power's imho.


I found just the opposite to be true, and would agree with this review ......

http://aerogeeks.com/2014/04/29/reynold ... ds-review/

.

RyanH
Moderator
Posts: 2079
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:01 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

by RyanH

I've used the power pads on many wheelsets and they seem to work well with most. I think the same goes for the Bora red pads.

I've also found that the Power Pads especially need a "break in" period with each wheel for about 100 miles to get up to full power.

I rode a very short ride today and dragged my brakes on purpose with the power pads and they are already better than the Enve pads. I'll report back after the weekend.
Strava
Current Stable. The Snob Machine
The Ex's. LS Siena: 6.21kg | Parlee Z5 SLi: 5.9kg | LS Xicon: 5.76kg | C59: 5.7kg | Cervelo R5ca: 5.09kg | Fuji Altamira SE - 6.2kg | Scott Foil - 6.2kg | Evo - 5.18kg | LS Classic - 6.7kg | The Crumpton - 5.9kg

asiantrick
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:18 pm
Location: the OC, CA

by asiantrick

RyanH wrote:I've used the power pads on many wheelsets and they seem to work well with most. I think the same goes for the Bora red pads.

I've also found that the Power Pads especially need a "break in" period with each wheel for about 100 miles to get up to full power.

I rode a very short ride today and dragged my brakes on purpose with the power pads and they are already better than the Enve pads. I'll report back after the weekend.


I've tried the power pads but i'm experience a lot of brake dust after every ride, where no dust on the Campagnolo red pads. Are your experience the same?

RyanH
Moderator
Posts: 2079
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:01 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

by RyanH

You're using Bora pads with Gen 2 Enve?
Strava
Current Stable. The Snob Machine
The Ex's. LS Siena: 6.21kg | Parlee Z5 SLi: 5.9kg | LS Xicon: 5.76kg | C59: 5.7kg | Cervelo R5ca: 5.09kg | Fuji Altamira SE - 6.2kg | Scott Foil - 6.2kg | Evo - 5.18kg | LS Classic - 6.7kg | The Crumpton - 5.9kg

asiantrick
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:18 pm
Location: the OC, CA

by asiantrick

RyanH wrote:You're using Bora pads with Gen 2 Enve?


No, i'm using Bora pads with Bora wheelset, and Fulcrum Speed. I tested power pads with FSE wheelset and I'm getting alot of brake dust. I ended up using the Bora pads with FSE set and it works fantastic. I wonder if anyone is experiencing the same brake dust issues with power pads.

syplam
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:30 am

by syplam

asiantrick wrote:
RyanH wrote:You're using Bora pads with Gen 2 Enve?


No, i'm using Bora pads with Bora wheelset, and Fulcrum Speed. I tested power pads with FSE wheelset and I'm getting alot of brake dust. I ended up using the Bora pads with FSE set and it works fantastic. I wonder if anyone is experiencing the same brake dust issues with power pads.


What do you mean by brake dust??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyanH
Moderator
Posts: 2079
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:01 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

by RyanH

Been super slammed with work the past two weeks but had a chance to spend 30 minutes to glue up some Vlaanderen onto the CCU to see if they were okay on the rim even though the Roubaix wasn't. They look quite big on these rims:

Image

Don't have a ride report though as I had to end my ride early to get back to the office. :x
Strava
Current Stable. The Snob Machine
The Ex's. LS Siena: 6.21kg | Parlee Z5 SLi: 5.9kg | LS Xicon: 5.76kg | C59: 5.7kg | Cervelo R5ca: 5.09kg | Fuji Altamira SE - 6.2kg | Scott Foil - 6.2kg | Evo - 5.18kg | LS Classic - 6.7kg | The Crumpton - 5.9kg

User avatar
PinaRene
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:08 pm

by PinaRene

Nice setup with the Vlaanderen tubulars, but enough clearance ? ?

by Weenie


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post