Godzuki26 Wife's Cannondale Evo HiMod 48cm build [3.96 kg] or [8.73 lbs]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

poynt

by poynt

for the same weight or less as the Mavics what about some old school eggbeaters, spd style, flat footed walking and 4 sided entry, easy peasy! and a lot chaeper.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

As mentioned earlier, I am replacing the BTP Campy front derailleur as it does not shift very well with the SRAM RED 2013 levers. They worked great on the pre 2013 non YAW SRAM RED shifters but for some reason I have not been successful getting mine to shift well on the 2013 YAW version. Some people have also had issues with the QS version of the Campy front derailleur saying that the cable tension must be perfect to get it to work. Oh well, I am gaining 12 grams back on the SRAM front derailleur after replacing some bolts with aluminum bolts. The BTP was 53 grams.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ok, I've tried to figure it out and I know Campy pretty well, but for the life of me I can't figure out what the "BTP" is that you're referring to when you say "BTP Campy front derailleur". Little help please. And I am getting some chuckles out of your stories of your wife's trials and tribulations on the bike, and assuming they are intended to be humorous, which they are. :).
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

BTP was a company by German Bernhard Langerbein. A couple of years ago he closed up shop. He was quite a cool guy though.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

danbjpa

by danbjpa

Yes. BTP = 'Bike Tuning Parts'. He had nice WW products like carbon clamps shifters.

jooo

by jooo

BTP

godzuki26

by godzuki26

That is the 32 gram version used on Sebastian Roth's 3.6kg Scott Addict. I don't see cool super lightweight stuff like this like back in the old days of 2006 - 2007. Companies like M2 Racer made some really nice parts. BTP made a bunch of cool things like the PowerCordz adapters for the Ax Lightness brakes, Kevlar ribbon bottle cages, carbon shift and derailleur clamps, carbon brake hoods, brake shoes, and a bunch of other weight weenie components. I really miss them :cry:

ImageFelt AR FRD

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ahh, I see. Thanks.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Flashing back to 2006, I really would love to get my hands on a pair of Lightweight Challenge wheels. Craaaaazy light and more exclusive than a Matte Cactus Birkin bag.

ImageFelt AR FRD

RyanH

by RyanH

You need to spend less time at SCP and more time riding...

poynt

by poynt

I love the work Kai does on all of his derailleurs parts etc and miss that their aren't many companies that have his dedication and drive to make such beautiful parts for all of us mortals.

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

godzuki26 wrote:I got my Extralite UltraTop 42. A small weight savings of 12 grams over the 25 grams on the Cannondale upper :hmm: When adding the factory Cannondale bottom assembly, it weighs 40 grams. Every gram counts

I was looking at an Ultratop for my 2015 Evo HM. Did you go for the Ultratop 42 or the 42 HD? I seem to remember the headset is integrated rather than press fit (as it just slots in without any need for tools), so thought the HD would be necessary.

12g is not to be sniffed at, but I won't bother if it's the HD that I need. I already have a very light and low stack Veloflyte bearing cover and top cap, and have the Extralite Ultrastar 3 with a nylon bolt. How many of the other bits are necessary, and what are they (spacers)? I may ask if Extralite will just send me the top bearing cartridge as I slam my stem on the bearing cover.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I used the regular Ultratop. The HD version was not necessary for my wife's 105 lb body weight. All that was used was the bearing and the dust cap. I had a UD Veloflyte dust cap which is a tad lower but I cracked it being too forceful pushing it through the steerer tube.

ImageFelt AR FRD

dj97223

by dj97223

How's the wife getting along with the WW build?
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@dj97223 - My wife is getting better but I have not really made it fun for her because I get frustrated with her pretty easily. I tell her to stay one wheel length behind me so she can draft, but she will not do it. I tell her to not shift under load when there is positive gradient, but she won't listen. I ask her to make eye contact with drivers if entering an intersection, but she won't do it. I tell her to not ride too close to parked cars because a door could open, but she won't do it. Finally, I get pissed off and say "let's go home now". I need her to hook up with a beginner riding group that is more relaxed, social, and slower that can baby sit her. I have been losing quality riding time by dragging her along with me. At the very least, draft me and let me do all the work :noidea:

ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com