Godzuki26 Wife's Cannondale Evo HiMod 48cm build [3.96 kg] or [8.73 lbs]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

evan326

by evan326

I thought she wasn't even riding this bike?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

loudtiger

by loudtiger

looking forward to seeing your mods on the Felt! that is a mean looking bike. never seen one in 48cm

RyanH

by RyanH

Can I have the Evo? ;-)

Mep

by Mep

Godzuki your wife is kind of a minor celebrity on this forum. Look at all the love she's getting!

BmanX

by BmanX

AERO and LIGHT is RIGHT. I swear by this and so should everyone else. Welcome to the club.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

BmanX

by BmanX

What was the weight of the frame?
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@BmanX - Fully stripped minus the grommets and rear derailleur hanger the frame is 1063 grams. For a size XS, this was rather disappointing. I have seen AR1s with aluminum bottom bracket shells in larger sizes that are lighter than this 48cm FRD with the full carbon bottom bracket shell. Super Dave weighed a 56cm FRD straight out of the mold which came in at 895 grams. I will need to "weight weenie" this frame and strip all clear coat and decals off.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

roaldberghen

by roaldberghen

Can i be youre wife? My size is 56 :wink:

Lovely bikes!

Gullholm

by Gullholm

Of course you will have to go "weightweenie" on this one. :beerchug: Looking forward to see how this develops!

godzuki26

by godzuki26

This frame is Di2 only so it will be interesting to "tune" 9150. I am intrigued by the synchro shift update and look forward to trying it out. Taking a dremel to an electronic shifter and derailleur is new territory for me but I think I will give it a try. One challenge I already see with this set up is the junction box. Where can I hide it? Mounting it under the stem is ugly as *f##k*. Any suggestions? Please :D

ImageFelt AR FRD

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

godzuki26 wrote: Where can I hide it? Mounting it under the stem is ugly as *f##k*. Any suggestions? Please :D

How about a bar end junction box?

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I looked at those and the choice of handle bar and stem are limited and too heavy. If I use a weenie handlebar, I would have to drill a hole in the clamping area of the handle bar to feed the wire through the stem. This will scare me and could be dangerous.

ImageFelt AR FRD

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Run it under the tape and drill the end of the bar near the junction. Option B could be under the saddle similar to on Rich's Shiv? Plenty of ways to hide it and its cables.
Using Tapatalk

P90Puma

by P90Puma

This thread was great, what a build.

Did the wife ever end up riding more?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

godzuki26 wrote:I am intrigued by the synchro shift update and look forward to trying it out.

If I recall, you indicated it was very hilly were you live so consider that if you plan to run double rings, anything smaller than a 52/38 and the current 9050 firmware limits cross-chaining when in the small ring by locking out the smallest 2 rear cogs regardless of whether using full Synchro or not. A workaround would be to program the system via e-tube with incorrect chainring sizes but then that throws off the ratios when suing synchro shift. Personally, I set the system back to semi-synchro mode as most of our hills can be climbed in the big ring, and when in the big ring and next to largest rear cog and I lose track of what cog I am in and decide I want to ease the load over a short ramp in the gradient and shift to the largest rear cog, synchro mode shifts the chain to the small chainring and applicable rear cog.

godzuki26 wrote:Mounting it under the stem is ugly as *f##k*. Any suggestions? Please :D

Given your skill set, I would think it would not be difficult for you to adapt a Shimano EW-RS910 Internal A Junction box into the frame, otherwise the standard junction could get hidden behind the underside of the seat.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"