Godzuki26 Wife's Cannondale Evo HiMod 48cm build [3.96 kg] or [8.73 lbs]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Here are the Lightning cranks in 160mm length in 110BCD Compact. Like the handlebars, there are no other Weight Weenie options other than the Lightnings in such a small size. THM and Ax Lightness stop at 170mm. I use Lightnings on my mountain bike and like them a lot. I am pleased with the weight. For comparison, I listed the weights of some of my other cranks:

THM Classic 130BCD 170mm: 346 grams
THM SE 110BCD 170mm: 295 grams
Zipp Vumaquad 172.5mm: 363 grams
Ax Lightness Morpheus 170mm: 346 grams

Last edited by godzuki26 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

anlimdy22

by anlimdy22

xena wrote:
godzuki26 wrote:Thanks Everyone. I am not going to go crazy and tune these brakes down to 98 grams like I did on the Ghisallo. Wife gets the standard version with metal leaf springs.

You know you want to tune the pad holders ....it has to be done. and swap the adjusters for the lighter ones. The WW force is strong for this build :thumbup:

Hi Xena, where can buy the lighter adjuster? any links?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xena
Banned

by xena

I thought you had lighter adjusters on your bike? I was going to ask you about them and the weight difference and do they come in black?
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I bought the adjusters on Ebay. Just search "Brake Cable Barrel Adjuster Screw M6" They come in various anodized colors (blue,red,gold,black) They are a little shorter in length compared to the Ax Lightness ones. I think I saved 2 grams replaced the front and back. I will have to reweigh to make sure. They were $9 usd.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

As much as I want to use Fibrelyte chain rings because they will look cool with this build, I must come to the realization that this bike is not for me and I will not be riding it. My wife is not an experienced road cyclist so she will be cross chaining and shifting under load as she learns how to ride. I can already see the carbon teeth breaking or chipping due to inexperienced shifting. So, I will start her off with some aluminum chainrings that are stiff. Praxis will work but I do not like how they look. I think they are ugly as F%%% They will not go very well with this build in my opinion but they are the most durable option. Maybe an Osymmetric 56 tooth front ring will work better for her as she cranks out 100 watts :mrgreen:

These are so much nicer! They are my spares and for now they will stay as my spares. If she shows to me that she can shift like a pro, then she will get these......But honestly she could care less. I am more excited about these than she is.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

anlimdy22

by anlimdy22

godzuki26 wrote:I bought the adjusters on Ebay. Just search "Brake Cable Barrel Adjuster Screw M6" They come in various anodized colors (blue,red,gold,black) They are a little shorter in length compared to the Ax Lightness ones. I think I saved 2 grams replaced the front and back. I will have to reweigh to make sure. They were $9 usd.

Thanks for the information.

gfeldy

by gfeldy

I had my scalpel sanded and matte cleared a couple years back. The painter had to fade the joints bc of the filler, it still looked awesome.

~GFeldy~
S Works Tarmac w/ EPS
S Works Epic HT Blurple tuned
Kitsbow
S Works Epic Blurple tuned - Sold :doh:
FS-i - Sold
Scalpel custom - Sold
EVO - Sold

godzuki26

by godzuki26

The Matt finish looks very nice. I really like it and I think that is what I will do with the Cannondale. I am not going to fade it with black paint so mine will have more of a raw look.

My Scott Addict was sanded down to bare carbon and finished with a gloss clear coat. You can only see the carbon underneath when the lightning is correct. Otherwise it looks like a shiny black frame. I want the Cannondale to look different from my Scott so it will get the matt finish instead of gloss.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

CaptainP

by CaptainP

Just saw this on eBay

4151zero

by 4151zero

Nice build, I'm a smaller rider, so if you decide to sell it...

jorisee01

by jorisee01

Nice sanding! I also asked myself the same question about the filler on the frame. But I think it's just there to fill dents that don't compromise the constructual strength of the frame.

Sanding a frame down to raw carbon is so rewarding!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

godzuki26

by godzuki26

That guy went all the way with his Evo. He left nothing and sanded until the frame turned dark gray. That is what I am doing on this frame. I have sanded the head tube, top tube, and seat tube and have reached 697 grams. I still need to sand the downtube, bottom bracket, chainstays and seatstays. I am guessing in the mid 670 gram range when complete. I am planning on using this 3 day weekend to get most of the sanding done. I will post updates as soon as I can.

My wife saw the frame and asked why I took the paint off? I told her that the bike had lots of dirt on it and I needed sand paper to get it off. She said "oh, ok" and walked away :mrgreen:

ImageFelt AR FRD

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

You're gonna love the new kitchen!
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I look forward to daily updates from you everyday, seriously. This is more entertaining than anything else on the www at the moment [emoji1]

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Marin

by Marin

godzuki26 wrote:My wife saw the frame and asked why I took the paint off? I told her that the bike had lots of dirt on it and I needed sand paper to get it off. She said "oh, ok" and walked away :mrgreen:

This is too good, confess that you just made it up!