Godzuki26 Wife's Cannondale Evo HiMod 48cm build [3.96 kg] or [8.73 lbs]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Poynt - having a die set I can totally make this Delrin barrel adjuster. I do quite fancy the polished one I have at the moment but if I need to shave some more weight I will make one.

@4Ibanez - Removing the paint and clear coat will save me at least 40 grams so sub 600 will be pretty easy to hit without getting too crazy. Will start another thread soon.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

1sanglier

by 1sanglier

Sorry to polluate the thread.
I'm looking for alloy recessed brake nuts, but torontocycle close :(
Do you known where find it ?
Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

@godzuki26 how's the Red RD tuning going, did you finish the job?

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Klaster1 - I did finish the rear derailleur. Making the titanium return spring was a very difficult. I was going to display the finished rear derailleur on the Yonex Carbonex build I was planning on doing. I still have to fly to Japan and pick it up from my wife's brother's house. I'll post final pics once I get that thread going....some day. But I ended at 85 grams. If I put the rear derailleur on my wife's bike she will damage it because she cross chains, shifts climbing up hills, ect.

ImageFelt AR FRD

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Awesome, can't wait to hear more about Yonex build, your threads are always full of super detailed and useful info. What method your ended up with to fix cage pins in place? C-clips, aluminium sleeves?

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Klaster1 - I was unable to use cclips on the carbon pins because I did not have anything sharp enough to cut small grooves in the carbon. The force of the clip would almost break the carbon because my grooves were not precise enough. I used a little glue and pressed the pins in. The aluminum caps made from the aluminum rivets I made sure were slightly larger in diameter than the hole I needed to press them into.... so it worked out well.

ImageFelt AR FRD

eljamoquio

by eljamoquio

Apologies for bumping an old thread, but @godzuki26 , this thread was awesome. Definitely worth the hours I put into reading it.
Last edited by eljamoquio on Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@eljamoquio - thanks for the compliment and taking the time to read such a long thread. Despite my "all in" effort on building my wife the ultimate weight weenie bike, introducing her into the world of cycling did not work out like I hoped. :noidea:

ImageFelt AR FRD

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Its ok godzuki I can be your wife

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Dudemanppl - done ❤️

ImageFelt AR FRD

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Holy *f##k* Tommy is back :unbelievable: :unbelievable: :unbelievable: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :o :o :D :D :welcome: :welcome:

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

godzuki26 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:11 am
Despite my "all in" effort on building my wife the ultimate weight weenie bike, introducing her into the world of cycling did not work out like I hoped. :noidea:
Not sure what you expected. This whole project seems to only be centered on your own obsessions, giving zero concerns to what would actually be sensible for a newcomer to the sport or any of your wife's own preferences.

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

MayhemSWE wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:56 am
godzuki26 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:11 am
Despite my "all in" effort on building my wife the ultimate weight weenie bike, introducing her into the world of cycling did not work out like I hoped. :noidea:
Not sure what you expected. This whole project seems to only be centered on your own obsessions, giving zero concerns to what would actually be sensible for a newcomer to the sport or any of your wife's own preferences.
Wow. Super harsh dude. Of course you are probably right, but there are nicer ways to say it.
Ride fast Take chances

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Thanks Alexbn921 :mrgreen:

@MayhemSWE - you are right.....but I had a lot of fun sourcing the parts and putting the bike together so it wasn't a total waste..... Actually, it WAS a total waste. LOL. MY wife is the cruiser type. Meaning, if she gets tired, she stops or slows down. I was hoping she would be the "I'm going to kick your ass" and "ride as fast as I can until I puke" type..... but she clearly does not have the "IT" factor. She looks fit and has a six pack but her cardio is complete garbage.

ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AZR3

by AZR3

That's ok, your wife's loss is our gain, lots of good content in this thread :thumbup: