Kayrehn Fuji SL 1.1

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

Great weight and awesome effort in adding some custom yellow flourishes to your parts. I winced at the cost, but guessing everything was bought new. And let's face it, you can't really get sub 5kg "on the cheap". I don't see many Fujis around, but this makes me want to see more!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

by newbie

What wheels are those? freakishly light.

bura

by bura

Great build. Like it. Rear skewer too long.You may save two grams.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I tried to cut it off but couldn't get my hands on any tool that can go through titanium so it'll have to stay like this.

Build list with component weight is updated on first post of this thread!

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Kayrehn wrote:Build list with component weight is updated on first post of this thread!

I finally caught-up to your thread today. I appreciated all of your detailed write-up's and supporting pics. You've opened my eyes to some ideas, so thank you.

Chapeau on a great looking WW bike!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Kayrehn wrote:

Might this be the first combo with this saddle?

It is the only one produced as a combo with the Lukna saddle shape :thumbup: great bike!!

RuskinAsh

by RuskinAsh

Went through the whole thread, that's an awesome build, Congratulations!

mythical

by mythical

Man, this is such a nice bike! Well done on the specs and build! :thumbup: :D Glad it didn't escape my attention.
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

mythical wrote:Man, this is such a nice bike! Well done on the specs and build! :D Glad it didn't escape my attention.

I can use a stem upgrade though *hint hint* [emoji12]

Seedster

by Seedster

Awesome. I love everything except for the tape. Sorry it looks bizarre from where i sit.

Love seeing a build like this come to fruition.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

So I got new bottle cages...

It's quite a price to pay for bottle cages but I told myself the Carbonworks 5g version might never be found again once they stop producing this lighter one. Only installed one for now. It seems to hold my purist bottle with quite a light grip, but I don't need it tight in there so that's fine.

The build is likely to stay this way until I can get my hands on a pair of cheap Tune Skyline skewers to drop 10g, or if I ever find a lightweight 130mm stem that doesn't cost more than half a grand. Everything works great right now and I'm in no rush to get these stuff; it's just there to fuel my upgrade fantasies [emoji1]

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Can you give a long term review of the Corsa G Speeds? Puncture resistance, wear?

RuskinAsh

by RuskinAsh

Hey, what's this line on the down tube? something to worry about?

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

dereksmalls wrote:Can you give a long term review of the Corsa G Speeds? Puncture resistance, wear?

So far, all good after 1200km. Think that mileage is too low for it to show any wear at the moment.

The 'line' on the downtube is the ud carbon layup. Sometimes I mistake them for cracks and chips on the surface too [emoji1]

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Yep, my 1.1 has the same UD lines and patterns, quite normal.

These are awesome bikes. I rate the Fuji 1.1 SL as better than my Evo Nano (very close to same weight for total of frame and fork, very similar handling) and the Fuji has the added advantage of not having the silly 25.4 post and equally silly BB30A.

Good weight by the way, nice work! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com