Kayrehn Fuji SL 1.1

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Hey @RyanH here you go.

Just got a Rotor cassette on too, bike weight with cages and pedals is now down to 4.88kg.
I saw the short clip on a failure of it too, hope I don't put in enough power to make that happen 🤣 The cassette is only in full contact with the freehub behind the 11t cog so durability might be an issue if there's lots of power going into the last 2 cogs.

KaneChang

by KaneChang

Hi, haero carbon H.145 RR SL bar is work well? Thx.

by Weenie

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Yah it's working perfect still after a year. Price is reasonable for a nice weight, and I didn't regret trying these 38cm bars.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

A year ago I had spokes breaking on 2 consecutive rides and my wheelbuilding friend says it's best to change all the spokes so that gave me the reason to try out Berd Spokes to lighten it even more.

I waited 9 months for their prototype black version but it didn't turn out well - the colour (which was actually brown) was on a waxy layer which flaked off the spokes and would stain our hands just by handling it. I sent it back and Berd was kind enough to replace them with the normal white ones. The ones he sent previously also came up a little short, and the current front hub wouldn't be able to be laced with these. Brad from the company had differing opinions about the right length and eventually sent 2 sets of rear spokes in different lengths to make things easier in the end. He had to grind the microtuner in my Extralite rear hub too, and also I had to get a new front hub (Extralite SPX) to make the build possible. According to my friend, Brad was very communicative and pleasant to deal with.

So I got down to doing a DIY job of spray painting the spokes (rather crude way I know, but it's just black), figuring that I can always touch up (with a marker perhaps) if it gets rubbed off.

Indeed, after my friend is done with the rear, the white is exposed at the spoke ends but it shouldn't be a problem getting it black.

Rear wheel is now 475g after the build, really surprised it only saved 27g over the original spokes, but guess they were titanium ones and pretty light too. I can look forward to a more comfortable ride and better spoke strength compared to those Ti spokes though.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Take those stickers off the rims!! Save 2 more grams per wheel