Scott Foil 10 2016 size 56

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

danoontje

by danoontje

Please give us your opinion in riding behaviour when you compare it to your previous Foil.

Real Nice bike!! :D :thumbup:

addict

by addict

+1 and some review on reynolds wheels pls)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JasperGr

by JasperGr

Teaser review! Damn those flat tires... Tonight i will give a full review!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

JasperGr

by JasperGr

So today it was the day to test the new Scott Foil! I planned a ride with some nice cobbles and some putholes. Here we go!

THE RIDE
The first part of the ride I rode on some nice tarmac so it felt like my old Foil. Stiff as hell, every hit on the paddle I flew. After every corner it was a pleasure to get some nice watts and through the corner the bike handles like a sharp knife!

The second part of the ride came. Some bad road through a small village. Normally I hate this section because with my old Foil it was a harsh ride but if kept the speed high it was rideable. With the new Foil it was like a mind *f##k*! I couldn't believe it as it felt like a flat tire, so smooth! I almost turned around and do the section a second time! But! The rear end of the bike is really smooth but the front end was a little bit harsh. I like it because that's why the bike handless really good. The last test was a section with some nice cobblestones and I liked it! The new Scott Foil makes the bad sections nice and fun sections! I liked the old foil but the new one even better!

addict

by addict

Wheels and tires was from old foil, correct?
thanks for review :thumbup:

JasperGr

by JasperGr

Yes everything except the frameset came of the old foil. I used the same pressure in the tires so i can compare it perfect.

JasperGr

by JasperGr

Some new photo's with the low rims.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

I'm not a big fan of this frameset but you sure gave it a killer look with some perfect proportions.

BTW, thumb down to Scott for misplacing the stickers on the downtube, the S is hidden by the chainrings. Just a detail but attention to detail is everything.

kgt

by kgt

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:BTW, thumb down to Scott for misplacing the stickers on the downtube, the S is hidden by the chainrings.

So true...
It looks nice but higher profile wheels are a better match.

JasperGr

by JasperGr

Had the Arione R3 but I could get the 00 for 100 euro's so why not!?

After work ride!

And an shot of the bike at the Sean Kelly Classic in Belgium last weekend.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Nice ride! What was the all up weight? What’s the saddle height/drop?

Asphalt70

by Asphalt70

ultyguy wrote:Nice ride! What was the all up weight? What’s the saddle height/drop?
Ya, and whats your inseam and height?

JasperGr

by JasperGr

Thanks! It's still my go to bike. The saddle height is 80cm from center bb and de drop was about 12,5cm. Currently I rotate my bars a bit so it's closer to 11,5cm now. The reason for that is because I crashed with the mtb last summer and I broke my back and neck in that crash :/. I can still do everything but in easy mode. Before my crash I was 184 with a inseam of 90,5cm, after I don't know jet ;) Want to do a bike fit when I'm stronger and fitter again.

jostladdie4

by jostladdie4

JasperGr wrote:Thanks! It's still my go to bike. The saddle height is 80cm from center bb and de drop was about 12,5cm. Currently I rotate my bars a bit so it's closer to 11,5cm now. The reason for that is because I crashed with the mtb last summer and I broke my back and neck in that crash :/. I can still do everything but in easy mode. Before my crash I was 184 with a inseam of 90,5cm, after I don't know jet ;) Want to do a bike fit when I'm stronger and fitter again.
Jasper this is 2017 model ,2016 foil 10 is black and green. I have mine bought 2018 from Luka Mezgec who is Scott Michelton cyclist and weight is 7,7kg size (M) 54 I have 58 (XL) with zipp 404 and some upgrades duŕa ace di2, Berk Composite Lupina. Also my 2nd bike is Trek Madone slr 9.9 2O19 with Bontrager Aeolus 9 and also Dura Ace di2 size 58 and its 8,5kilos, honestly I rather ride Scott foil then Madone slr 9.9.Also hate disc breaks.

Poslano z mojega SM-G950F z uporabo Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com