New Build 2016 S-Works Venge ViAS

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

So here is a preview. I ended up switching frames. I originally ordered the black and white one, the "Rocket Red" one came by mistake. Last year one of our designers made this "Americana" sticker kit for the black and white one, and I really liked it. I had an opportunity to switch frames so I did. I'm going to put some fresh tires on it, and get some nice pics outside, plus I am working on some lightening projects for it as well. The paint was -20g, but the decals likely added that back on. I also switched to a 2016 S-Works Toupe saddle in "Team Red", and switched to "Metallic Blue" Fizik bartape. The 2016 S-Works Toupe is the most comfortable saddle I've ever found, and we quit making the 130mm one in 2017. I've always loved that bartape too, and I used it on my old USPS Trek I used to have. The two items round out the new look well.

BmanX

by BmanX

OK that is sexy but how you going to get that under 6800g
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

Cervelo SLC 5960g/13.13 lbs

by Weenie

bsmyth

by bsmyth

great looking decals and makes the beast very unique

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

That is pretty bad ass...
2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador
http://www.Crankaddicts.cc
2017 Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL5
2015 Specialized S-Works Allez
2014 Specialized S-Works Shiv TT
2015 Specialized Venge Pro (Retired)

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:OK that is sexy but how you going to get that under 6800g

Tubulars, either 64's or 50's, seatpost/saddle combo, custom brakes, custom Garmin mount, and possibly heat shrink wrapped segmented cable housing. Those are all on my radar for weight loss goals.

BmanX

by BmanX

Awesome and can't wait to see how you complete the build. I would love to see what you do for custom brakes.

I need to get myself a pair of the new Vision 4D aero drop bars with their new aerobar extension set up.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

Cervelo SLC 5960g/13.13 lbs

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

I have some time in the next few weeks I will be able to dedicate to these projects. So I'll try to get some progress going. I just spent a bit of time working on the Garmin mount. That is going to be my first priority, just because it should be easy to knock out. A 31g Garmin mount is somewhat ridiculous. I definitely think I can improve upon the brakes as well.

James8880

by James8880

tate wrote:Bit late to this, but for those still hanging out for it, the light mount is a simple M4 bolt through the stock Garmin mount into the lezyne 400XL light.

Simple but effective.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I see that you are also using DI2. Where did you put your junction box?
Currently my junction box is mounted below the Garmin mount, leaving me no space for lights.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

James8880 wrote:
tate wrote:Bit late to this, but for those still hanging out for it, the light mount is a simple M4 bolt through the stock Garmin mount into the lezyne 400XL light.

Simple but effective.

Currently my junction box is mounted below the Garmin mount, leaving me no space for lights.

The ViAS is designed to mount the junction box under the BB on the cable port cover underneeth.

James8880

by James8880

ProfessorChaos wrote:
James8880 wrote:

Simple but effective.

The ViAS is designed to mount the junction box under the BB on the cable port cover underneeth.

Ah, that is a much better place to mount the junction box. Will need to discuss with mechanic to see if it is possible to shift my junction box.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Regularly see builds online with it under the garmin mount and think WTF.. under the bb is ace.
Using Tapatalk

thumper88

by thumper88

Nefarious86 wrote:Regularly see builds online with it under the garmin mount and think WTF.. under the bb is ace.

I've put in one of the new bar-end junctions and that seems like the way to go... the carbon BB pod for the junction box is a bit heavier than the thin plastic plate that replaces it for mechanical builds... I can now use the plastic plate, which also is surely more aero because its flush..

OP, did you ever check with an expert on whether it was safe to use the two titanium M8's for stem plate bolts?
I bought a pretty nice pair off eBay that fit right in without machining the heads.....but after I pulled the first factory steel bolt I looked at it under good light and inside the hex it's marked as a 12.9 bolt. Which is a LOT stronger than titanium, and I can't help but figure Specialized had a reason for going with an unusually high-strength bolt grade there....

James8880

by James8880

ProfessorChaos wrote:
James8880 wrote:
ProfessorChaos wrote:I don't think there is a way to do that currently, but I'll see what kind of solution I can come up with for you tomorrow when I get to work.

Thanks again!

James,

I sent you a PM, maybe you didn't get it being a new member. I need your email info. I made a contact in your region willing to help get you the stem you need. There apparently aren't any in your region, but there is a way we can get one from the US inventory to you. Send me an email @ bart.anatra@specialized.com

Bart, just want to let you know I have received and installed my new stem. Thanks again for your assistance! :thumbup:

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

^^ This makes me smile :)
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

lovemyway

by lovemyway

I have to wait until the start of July for my Stem + Aerofly combo :(