New Build 2016 S-Works Venge ViAS

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

FIJIGabe wrote:
ProfessorChaos wrote:Now that I live in Texas

What part of Texas? I'm in Houston. Have you tried riding near Ft. Davis? I've been told the climbs are pretty nice there.

I'm in McKinney. There are some decent climbs in the West Side of Austin, and what not. Then when you get out to like Big Bend there are some climbs, but I just mean as a whole the state is pretty flat. Especially, Houston, and south of Houston. Aero is everything down there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Gaigo57

by Gaigo57

What a machine !!!

I have exactly the same configuration as you initially (sram red 22), with Zipp 404 Firecrest wheels.

I would like remove the stickers on the wheels. Have you had any marks on your wheels (including a difference in coloration ?) especially following the UV...

I'm afraid that we see marks after removing the stickers.

Sorry for my bad English, i'm French.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I removed the decals off an older set of 303's, which I bought used, and didn't find any discoloration, but I'm not sure how old the wheels were when I replaced the decals.

Gaigo57

by Gaigo57

Someone has you it could test the Roval CLX (50 or 64) as well as the Zipp 404 to know what is the best choice ?

I hesitate to sell the Zipp for a Roval CLX 50...

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

I would hazard a guess the 64s will be faster being that they were developed with the frame.
Using Tapatalk

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Yes, the 64's are the fastest wheels you can put on this bike. I saw new graphs showing it to be faster than a pair of 808s.

As for the question about stripping off the Zipp stickers, it wasn't an issue. I used acetone to clean off all the adhesive, and once that is all gone, they look great. The 404 stickers also weight 16g btw. ;)

Gaigo57

by Gaigo57

thank you verry much :)

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Gaigo57 wrote:Someone has you it could test the Roval CLX (50 or 64) as well as the Zipp 404 to know what is the best choice ?

I know this probably doesn't surprise you since I work for Specialized, but I would take a Roval 50 or 64 over Zipp wheel any day. They are stiffer, and lighter than Zipp wheels. I have 808 tubulars now, I want to sell and replace with 64 tubulars. The stiffness is really noticeable in the frontend on the ViAS since the front of the bike is so stiff. Not to mention they test to be faster in our wind tunnel. I've also owned 404 tubulars as well.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

I'd happily go back to my CLX60s over my V3 606 wheelset.
Using Tapatalk

Gaigo57

by Gaigo57

ProfessorChaos wrote:
Gaigo57 wrote:Someone has you it could test the Roval CLX (50 or 64) as well as the Zipp 404 to know what is the best choice ?

I know this probably doesn't surprise you since I work for Specialized, but I would take a Roval 50 or 64 over Zipp wheel any day. They are stiffer, and lighter than Zipp wheels. I have 808 tubulars now, I want to sell and replace with 64 tubulars. The stiffness is really noticeable in the frontend on the ViAS since the front of the bike is so stiff. Not to mention they test to be faster in our wind tunnel. I've also owned 404 tubulars as well.

I'm going to buy a pair of Roval clx 50 (more versatile than clx64)

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

50 front 64 rear. Mullet spec ;)
Using Tapatalk

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

I've thought about doing the 50's but where I live there isn't enough climbing to merit the weight difference. I've thought about 50fr/64rr. I might do that, but also buy another 64fr. I ride the 64 clinchers daily and they are great honestly.

Gaigo57

by Gaigo57

I have some nice climbs in my country, I prefer to use a 50mm profile. But I know the clx 64 are very good :)

Have you noticed a difference with the mounting of a rear cover ceramicspeed compared to the original sram?

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Got some updates coming soon.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Tease
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com