DarthPryde BuraSL daily ride

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Wookski

by Wookski

dudemanppl wrote:Man I wish the shifters were mounted correctly, would be much better looking.

Where would you put them?

by Weenie

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

On the bottoms of the drops so he can stay low...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

They're too low on the bars, should go up a little so the ramps of the shifters are parallel with the ground.

RyanH

by RyanH

Well, dudemanppl likes his shifters erect so... On the other hand, the shifters look less than ideal with the huge hump in them. Ergonovas don't play too great with Campy but you can either set them up with the drops parallel to the ground like the first pic or with the tops flat like the second.

ImageImage
Strava
Not for the sensitive types. My Instagram reviews
The Ex's: I've lost track...

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Im a fan of the second position for that shape, but I prefer a slight angle to the drops to make my wrists transition comfortably, probably the main complaint that I have with my Aeroflys is the flat drop. Each to their own when it comes to fit snd feel, too many people stuck in "traditions" from the era of Italian Doctors.
Using Tapatalk

Wookski

by Wookski

dudemanppl wrote:They're too low on the bars, should go up a little so the ramps of the shifters are parallel with the ground.

Playing around with the Schmolkes the levers looked too high when going for a flat transition. Rather have levers a little low vs. a little high (maybe inspired by the rotundos i'm now running on #2).

Wookski

by Wookski

4ibanez wrote:Love that frame! Is it still an "everyday" bike?
Edit: why did you ditch the Extralite stem?

I swap between this and #2 which is a Spooky with record and obermeyers. The Pryde is now being ridden more as the wheels have changed everything- in a good way.

The extralite stem was ditched because a) I was looking for a lower position and b) even though the edges had been filed down they weren't playing nicely with the ergonovas (bite marks at very low torque).

garjo

by garjo

Wookski wrote:
4ibanez wrote:Love that frame! Is it still an "everyday" bike?
Edit: why did you ditch the Extralite stem?

I swap between this and #2 which is a Spooky with record and obermeyers. The Pryde is now being ridden more as the wheels have changed everything- in a good way.

The extralite stem was ditched because a) I was looking for a lower position and b) even though the edges had been filed down they weren't playing nicely with the ergonovas (bite marks at very low torque).

I've had a bite mark on my ergonova ltd with extralite stem tightned at normal torque
My 4,93 kg Supersix Evo HM: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137647&start=30

My 6,22 kg Cannondale R500 1996: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=134364

RyanH

by RyanH

I'm contemplating going down the rabbit hole again of adding some boutique parts to the Litespeed. Could you comment on the stiffness of the Schmolke Evo vs Ergonovas and the Tune vs Extralite stem? I asked Sergio about making an HD version of the Extralite stem since I had previous flex issues with it in the past. Part of his response was this:

Often the weak part of the combo is just at the handlebar centre where the bar walls get easily deformed at the clamp area loosing a lot on the overall stiffness.
A good trick ti fix most handlebars is to add a thin layer of transversal fibers on the bar clamp area.

I was using the Extralite stem (gen before Hyperstem) with the 3T Stealth Ergonovas and found that descending in a straight line at high speed, the bike would become "darty." Swapping stems immediately resolved that issue.

Anyway, most curious about the Schmolke Evo.
Strava
Not for the sensitive types. My Instagram reviews
The Ex's: I've lost track...