DarthPryde BuraSL daily ride

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

richietwong

by richietwong

sugarkane wrote:What do you except mate?? My Insta account is not a public forum for dumb inane comments from fixie kids with no idea what they are talking about.. You wana mount your hoods half way down the bend on modern ergo bars like its 1990 good on ya.. Also what the hell is up with your Campag hoods pointed in as such an angle..? This like most of the bikes I build are professionaly fitted. If you wana go around making stupid statements keep it here ( unfortually what this place has turned into ) :noidea:

um? LOL

why do you not just read the single sheet of toilet paper from 3t?

you are supposed to have 77mm reach 123mm drop, also a professional bike fitter would know the tops of the ergonva are level with the drops of the bar. Also a professional bike fitter would know how 3t intended the bars to be used.

because you do not want to understand nor learn because you make the assumption that dudemanppl and i are Plebians. i'll help you.

by Weenie

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Amazing build, love these frames, thinking about the new version for my next bike.

Also on the other point, people can run the bars how they want as far as I am concerned. You know that sugarkane cannot take any criticism, (amusing the time he built and had pro photos done with the crank assembled incorrectly, then had a hissy fit when people pointed it out)

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

No mate I'm not going to put up with this kind of bull shit on my Insta account... It is not the place for it. Fair point I think.. Ritchi if you think the hood are mounted above the clamping section then you really are a bit thick... For starters with the internal routing it would be impossible to get the cables into the shifter.. I do though pad out the gap behind the shifter which does flatten the whole thing off. This bike is a rebuild. The fitter the owner used chose the position I haven't moved them :roll: personally I run the bars rolled down a touch but every body is different

And Steve you've hit the nail on the head 'criticism'... Since when has it become ok to go around criticising other people? if you want to be criticised post something on weight weenies.. You've been a member for a long time, why do you think the super weight weenie stuff doesn't turn up here any more or the bike industry for that matter. In the real world going around been so rude to people you don't know will get you punched in the face shit in 'merica worse :roll:

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Check your fork/steerer tube for marks from the extralite stem:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=136153&hilit=extralite+woot&start=60
Speedplay is the devil!

grilledcheese

by grilledcheese

Nice looking bike.

As regarding the extralite stem, I'm pretty sure they fixed that issue as their stems are now angles near the bolt clamps.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

I did check the steerer and chamfered the edge in question as a precaution :thumbup:

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I dont really dig the whole slam that stem thing but a nice build regardless...

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Wookski

by Wookski

MikeyBE wrote:Really nice build. How are you liking the Rubino tyres?

The Rubino Pro Speeds were awesome for 2 weeks, super fast and light at approx. 190g. Yesterday I punctured mid corner and crashed into a guard rail! Luckily there was minimal damage to the Pryde (bar tape & skewers). Puncture was caused by a very long and narrow piece of glass and would have probably punctured most tyres. Just a little rattled as I crashed in a similar situation a month ago resulting in $2K of dental work, busted knee and pretty nasty gravel rash. I might look for something with slightly more strength like the new Corsa's or Rubino Pro's.

Wookski

by Wookski

richietwong wrote:um? LOL

why do you not just read the single sheet of toilet paper from 3t?

you are supposed to have 77mm reach 123mm drop, also a professional bike fitter would know the tops of the ergonva are level with the drops of the bar. Also a professional bike fitter would know how 3t intended the bars to be used.

because you do not want to understand nor learn because you make the assumption that dudemanppl and i are Plebians. i'll help you.

Finally after days of nonsensical rambling on Insta and now WW I finally understand the point you're trying to make. The bars have been setup based on fit data from one of the best fitters in Syd. The hoods transition smoothly from the tops and yes, for aesthetic purposes, the bars could be rolled forward slightly. A more positive and succinct approach would have been more productive vs. trolling somebody's business social media account. Without turning this into a tit for tat session there is plenty of room for improvement in your work :)

Wookski

by Wookski

Wingnut wrote:I dont really dig the whole slam that stem thing but a nice build regardless...

What's there not to dig?

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

Wookski wrote:
MikeyBE wrote:Really nice build. How are you liking the Rubino tyres?

The Rubino Pro Speeds were awesome for 2 weeks, super fast and light at approx. 190g. Yesterday I punctured mid corner and crashed into a guard rail! Luckily there was minimal damage to the Pryde (bar tape & skewers). Puncture was caused by a very long and narrow piece of glass and would have probably punctured most tyres. Just a little rattled as I crashed in a similar situation a month ago resulting in $2K of dental work, busted knee and pretty nasty gravel rash. I might look for something with slightly more strength like the new Corsa's or Rubino Pro's.

Thanks. I was tempted by the Rubino Pro Speeds but they seem like a tt/race day tyre unfortunately.

I've been running schwalbe ones for a year now with no punctures so far (even on crappy Belgian roads and glass strewn Brussels streets), but was looking for a lighter tyre to try.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Wookski wrote:
Wingnut wrote:I dont really dig the whole slam that stem thing but a nice build regardless...

What's there not to dig?

If that's what your fit guru says then fine...I just think some on here place too much emphasis on aesthetics...enjoy the ride...

tlmsal

by tlmsal

Man...that bike is beautiful.

AZR3

by AZR3

Sexy BuraSL! I think I would have gone with one over my R3 if I'd have known about them at the time.

by Weenie

Wookski

by Wookski

Added a pair of Gen 3 Obermayers, EE Brakes and some other bits and pieces. Under 5.5Kg inc. pedals, cages, chain catcher, garmin mount and rear light.