6.07 kg Chiner MTB

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

Hi there everyone! The last 5-6 mounts I've been planning, buying parts, and building my first XC-oriented bike (only ridden free ride oriented styles till now), and I have to say I'm quite pleased with the result. As per now, the weight is at around 6,3 kg, but I'm going to get it down to around 6.2 when I'm completely done (if I'll ever be). Currently set up with heavy ODI lock-on grips from my DH bike and Chinese handlebar and seatpost. These parts are going to be changed to Extralite grips and Darimo post/bar combo during the next year;)

Edited: Now 6.08 kg, and non of the parts have a weight limit of below 110 kg;) Current main parts speclist:
- frame: Xiamen Carbon Speed CS-196-SL 19"
- fork: Xiamen Carbon Speed FK023 with 15mm axle
- rims: Light-Bicycle carbon, lightest 650B version (32h rear, 28h front)
- hubs: Extralite HyperFront (15mm) and HyperRear2 (12mm) with hybrid-ceramic bearings
- spokes: Sapim CX-Super
- cassette: Sram XG-1195
- derailleur and shifter: Shimano XTR M9000 with a lot of alu/ti bolts, and new pulleys with full ceramic bearings.
- crank: Race Face Next SL, with Garbarub Cinch Melon 34T and KMC X11 DLC coated chain
- brakes: Formula R1 Racing 2016, black
- Stem: Extralite HyperStem 80mm
- thru-axles: Extralite BlackLocks fornt and rear
- saddle: Gelu G.1 saddle.
- pedals: Bebop with Ti spindles
- Extralite UltraTop and Ultrabottom

Pictures below are from the first complete setup. Weight was around 6,7 kg at this point.

Current setup
Last edited by HaakonJohansen on Tue May 30, 2017 10:20 am, edited 18 times in total.

by Weenie

tbrix

by tbrix

I love it. Must be a blast to ride.

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

tbrix wrote:I love it. Must be a blast to ride.

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

Very nice build. :thumbup: I've never seen someone route the front brake hose like that.
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Juanmoretime wrote:Very nice build. :thumbup: I've never seen someone route the front brake hose like that.

I haven't either, looks neat though.
Great looking bike!

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

Haha! I didn't know that it was uncommon till I searched it up just now;P I feel that it is a very natural position though, with no rubbing against the frame. So I'll just let it be as it is for the moment. I'm going to get the hose of the front brake shortened soon though, so the current routing might not work as well after that.

prebsy

by prebsy

That's fresh, how much was the frame and fork? In dollars and in grams

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

BmanX

by BmanX

Would it be possible to post some weights of the parts. I am interested in the wheels for sure as I have a very similar build but I know I have heavier STANS wheels. Also what type of riding do you do as I was thinking of picking up a LAUF fork as I would like to have a little suspension but not much and want to keep the weight very low if possible. I might just keep running the rigid fork however.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

Cervelo SLC 5960g/13.13 lbs

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

I'm not entirely sure about the frame weight, but I think it was right around 1 kg. Fork was around 560 grams before I cut the steerer. Wheel set weighted in at 1116 grams without the rim tape and the valve. As for the Lauf fork, I've never seen a really positive review of it, plus IMO it's really ugly! Have you considered the German-A forks? I've got no experience with them, but they look good, and are really light as well;)

As for the riding I do, It's nothing heavy on this bike. Just training with mild terrain.

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

After some new calculations, I think I might even get the weight down to between 6.2 to 6.3kg when it's all done;) Btw: Can I use lithium grase instead of the typical white montage paste used when installing new BSA cups?

Also, I did end up cutting the front brake hose here the other day. New pictures coming soon!

robobiking

by robobiking

That's a nice looking bike. Have fun riding it

Ronald
https://robobiking.wordpress.com/
Test & Story Blog for all kind of cycling stuff

Cannondale F600 tuned (9kg)

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

Edit: Wrong thread...
Last edited by HaakonJohansen on Fri May 20, 2016 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

Here is a detailed picture of my tuned rear derailleur. Personally I think it looks a lot better with the black bolts and clutch lever. I know the cable housing is too short in the picture, so please try to ignore that;P

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

proper bike that.

by Weenie

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

I imagine this is a dream to ride! Quick but rolls well over just about everything I bet!?