BELY'S BIKE BARN

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Bely

by Bely

jimaizumi wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:28 am
Granted that you've ridden a slew of bikes, can you give us some feedback over which ones you liked best and which ones were quickly moved to the recycling bin?
DISCLAIMER:
1) I am a MAMIL far far away from being a PRO
2) I love ALL bicycles, Giants, Speshes, Fat Bikes, MTBs, Cross bikes, Cruises...you get the picture...
3) if a bikes goes out my bike brothel, doesn't mean it was a bad ride. It could mean a few things

A) it wasn't as great of a ride it was HYPED out to be
B) took it out for a ride and dang there were another 100 more just like it floating around
C) it was purchased just to support the LBS and also to satisfy my curiosity (test rides like test drives don't last very long so i like to put some miles besides that afternoon on the bike)
D) it lost out in the never ending quest to look for the "best" in its material. For eg. Baum Vs Mosaic (I kept the Mosaic - doesn't mean the Baum was crap, just meant that i preferred the Mosaic)
E) the wife issued a decree and i had to make a choice!

Steel : Speedvagen Vs Stinner Vs Field
I do love the ride of Speedvagen. To be fair to Field & Stinner (major seller remorse for the Field) the Speedvagen (steel with CARBON seatmast) still manages to capture the feel of a race bike while being plush. The Field and Stinner were awesome (build process way better than Speedvagen) but maybe just were a little sluggish. I would say 70% of the blame lies with me though when building the bikes.

Titanium : Mosaic Vs Baum
Mosaic was a stiffer more responsive ride. Baum won on "looks" though....

"Stock" rides : Factor One Vs Pinarello F10 Vs Madone 9.0 Vs Wilier Ramato
1) Factor One - Got bored (it seemed to be my "go to" bike and i was riding it each and everytime - simply trashing the bike)
2) Pinarello F10 - was too common of a sight on the road, felt like I was part of the lead out train and not Cippo :lol:
3) Trek Madone 9.0 - wanted to satisfy my curiosity, and was pleasantly surprised
4) Wilier Ramato Cento10Air - loved the paint (having it finally built this week)

How do I decide which to ride - how I feel.

Disclaimer: I run daily, approximately 14-20km (depending on time available). Love the torture of Half-marathons/marathons, so:

1) If its going to be a longish recovery sort ride probably take out the Mosaic or Speedvagen
2) If its going to be a "I will try and drop everyone i spot on the road" or "Leave it on the road" sort of ride probably the Madone 9.0 or whatever "Stock" bike there is just abuse and smash...
3) If I don't feel like blending in over the weekends, well doesn't take a rocket scientist......
4) if I am lazy....whichever bike doesn't need to have her wheels inflated etc...brakes adjusted from the last ride :P

Honestly this is how it goes...

1) Daily weekday mornings 8 of out 10 times - option 2 (up at 0430-0445h, out the door at 0500h, smash it out back by 0700 to make/have breakfast with the boys before they head off to school and me to work by 0830h)
2) Saturday AM - recovery rides (I do a long 20km run usually during Friday Lunch) probably the Mosaic/Speedvagen and now Pegoretti
3) Sunday AM - one of the more BLING rides...
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

I saw your Ramato and oddly enough, I'm having mine built up this week too... Other than that, was a bit torn between that and a H2 M9..

Thanks for your feedback, can totally relate on some of your comments including having to "fall into the pack" with certain frames. i did really enjoy your Speedvagen and must admit that I do suffer some repetitive pangs of jealousy over your collection and how they decorate your humble abode.

Keep up the good work and looking forward to some feedback on the Ramato!
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bely

by Bely

jimaizumi wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:21 am
I saw your Ramato and oddly enough, I'm having mine built up this week too... Other than that, was a bit torn between that and a H2 M9..

Thanks for your feedback, can totally relate on some of your comments including having to "fall into the pack" with certain frames. i did really enjoy your Speedvagen and must admit that I do suffer some repetitive pangs of jealousy over your collection and how they decorate your humble abode.

How's your Ramato paint? mine was a pretty disappointing...from a far its all good, but when you go up close, you can see touch ups and bubbling...
Current

Incoming

KarlC

by KarlC

Bely wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:04 am
jimaizumi wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:28 am
Granted that you've ridden a slew of bikes, can you give us some feedback over which ones you liked best and which ones were quickly moved to the recycling bin?
DISCLAIMER:
1) I am a MAMIL far far away from being a PRO
2) I love ALL bicycles, Giants, Speshes, Fat Bikes, MTBs, Cross bikes, Cruises...you get the picture...
3) if a bikes goes out my bike brothel, doesn't mean it was a bad ride. It could mean a few things

A) it wasn't as great of a ride it was HYPED out to be
B) took it out for a ride and dang there were another 100 more just like it floating around
C) it was purchased just to support the LBS and also to satisfy my curiosity (test rides like test drives don't last very long so i like to put some miles besides that afternoon on the bike)
D) it lost out in the never ending quest to look for the "best" in its material. For eg. Baum Vs Mosaic (I kept the Mosaic - doesn't mean the Baum was crap, just meant that i preferred the Mosaic)
E) the wife issued a decree and i had to make a choice!

I do love the ride of Speedvagen. To be fair to Field & Stinner (major seller remorse for the Field) the Speedvagen (steel with CARBON seatmast) still manages to capture the feel of a race bike while being plush. The Field and Stinner were awesome (build process way better than Speedvagen) but maybe just were a little sluggish. I would say 70% of the blame lies with me though when building the bikes.

Titanium : Mosaic Vs Baum
Mosaic was a stiffer more responsive ride. Baum won on "looks" though....

"Stock" rides : Factor One Vs Pinarello F10 Vs Madone 9.0 Vs Wilier Ramato
1) Factor One - Got bored (it seemed to be my "go to" bike and i was riding it each and everytime - simply trashing the bike)
2) Pinarello F10 - was too common of a sight on the road, felt like I was part of the lead out train and not Cippo :lol:
3) Trek Madone 9.0 - wanted to satisfy my curiosity, and was pleasantly surprised
4) Wilier Ramato Cento10Air - loved the paint (having it finally built this week)

How do I decide which to ride - how I feel.

Disclaimer: I run daily, approximately 14-20km (depending on time available). Love the torture of Half-marathons/marathons, so:

1) If its going to be a longish recovery sort ride probably take out the Mosaic or Speedvagen
2) If its going to be a "I will try and drop everyone i spot on the road" or "Leave it on the road" sort of ride probably the Madone 9.0 or whatever "Stock" bike there is just abuse and smash...
3) If I don't feel like blending in over the weekends, well doesn't take a rocket scientist......
4) if I am lazy....whichever bike doesn't need to have her wheels inflated etc...brakes adjusted from the last ride :P

Honestly this is how it goes...

1) Daily weekday mornings 8 of out 10 times - option 2 (up at 0430-0445h, out the door at 0500h, smash it out back by 0700 to make/have breakfast with the boys before they head off to school and me to work by 0830h)
2) Saturday AM - recovery rides (I do a long 20km run usually during Friday Lunch) probably the Mosaic/Speedvagen and now Pegoretti
3) Sunday AM - one of the more BLING rides...
Great to have all your thoughts down like this THX !
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

KarlC

by KarlC

Bely wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:04 am

I do love the ride of Speedvagen. To be fair to Field & Stinner (major seller remorse for the Field) the Speedvagen (steel with CARBON seatmast) still manages to capture the feel of a race bike while being plush.The Field and Stinner were awesome (build process way better than Speedvagen) but maybe just were a little sluggish. I would say 70% of the blame lies with me though when building the bikes.
This is a great description of a Speedvagen, they feel so alive but dont beat you up.

How would you describe your Pegoretti ?
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Bely wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:40 am
jimaizumi wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:21 am

How's your Ramato paint? mine was a pretty disappointing...from a far its all good, but when you go up close, you can see touch ups and bubbling...
Honestly.. I did a full check up on the frame the day of receipt and did notice certain areas with some small overspray... definitely isn't the drip type but more or less "swirls". Barely noticeable from afar for sure. Nothing in the way of bubbles as you mentioned.. would you have any pictures?

What was really disappointing for me is that lack of a user manual. The frame has a wedge clamp for the Alabarda bars and the seatpost and both do not have any max torque settings. From what I can tell, its probably do'able with 5-6nm of torque but with a crucial part like the steerer tube, I really don't want to find myself in a situation where that wedge loosens mid-transit. I also need spare parts (di2 battery mount and a di2 cover) which was not brought to my attention when I purchased the frame.. Little things that this that just add to the level of frustration in what should be a fun and exciting experience.
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mbaulfinger

by mbaulfinger

I got a big chuckle out of reasons "B" and "E" for reasons that a bike gets cut from the stable! Too funny! You have some gorgeous bikes. Thanks for sharing them

wobbly

by wobbly

Bely wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:41 am

I do have helpers who sort out the washing and detailing of the bikes after each ride.
:unbelievable: :unbelievable: :unbelievable: :unbelievable:
where do you find these "helpers" :unbelievable: :D

tcxtcr

by tcxtcr

Bely very nice collection. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.
I saw one of those Copper color Wilier Trestina's back in December. That color is amazing.

Bely

by Bely

Will need to update the cover page!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current

Incoming

themidge

by themidge

I think I saw one of these in my local bike shop yesterday, though in a smaller size. These frames are always immediately hot, no question :thumbup:.

Bely

by Bely

Incoming...

Current

Incoming

chunky666

by chunky666

English? 😍😍

AZR3

by AZR3

Saw that the other day on his IG, it’s going to be sweet!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bely

by Bely

Field Disc

Current

Incoming